Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 12 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:I think Ding will take to the one table setup like a duck to water

he disposed of leicster rent a crowd and will do the same with bristol version

DINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :hatoff: <cool> :happy: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby footygirl

HIGGINS AND DING MAKE LAST FOUR

JOHN Higgins and Ding Junhui booked their places in the last four of the world championships after hard fought victories over Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Selby.

Resuming at 8-8 with O'Sullivan, it was Ronnie who had the first chance in the opening frame of the session only to miss a red to the corner. Higgins calmly set about making the Rocket pay for that as he put together a decisive 47 to leave Ronnie needing two snookers. He found one and also extracted the call of a free ball from referee Leo Scullion. O'Sullivan chose to put Higgins back in and Higgins potted the red to finally stumble over the line to claim the opener.

That goaded Ronnie into sublime form as he hammered in a clearance of 116 to level at 9-9. Higgins though remained unperturbed and answered in kind with a 63, and then captured the twentieth frame with a break of 65 when O'Sullivan managed to leave a red sitting in the jaws of the corner pocket from close range to eak out a 11-9 lead.

But Ronnie certainly had his chances and a break of 54 came to an end when he missed a red to the corner. It was to cost the Rocket dearly as Higgins replied with a frame winning 73 to put himself within one frame of the semi finals. Higgins too was in first in frame 22 only to miss a pink to the centre when a break of 23. Left a straightforward red to the opposite centre pocket the Rocket fired in a 94 to reduce his deficit to 10-12.

Higgins though was not to be denied, as with the help of a fluked red to the centre he fired in a match winning break of 73 to claim the match at 13-10 and set up a semi final showdown with Mark Williams.

Meanwhile Ding Junhui won a thrilling encounter with Mark Selby 13-10 - though not without a mid session crisis along the way. Selby got a dream start as he resumed trailing 6-10. The Leicester man banged in a long red and made a telling 55 to swiftly reduce his arrears to 7-10. The Jester was starting to smile a little more broadly in the following frame when after Ding missed the pink, when going nicely on a break of 25 which presented Mark with an inviting looking table. Selby, picking up the pace as he strode round the table dispatched a 66 to leave Ding rooted to his seat for as he made it 8-10. There is no more a dangerous player when Selby is in this sort of mood and it was a third frame of the session for him when he powered in an 89.

Sitting in his chair Ding cut a depressed figure - an ambitious attempt at a plant led to Selby putting together a break of 92 to level the match at 10-10 at the mid session interval. In those opening four frames Ding had only managed to score 25 points. Still the Chinese player was able to snatch the next to lead 11-10 when Selby missed frame ball. But a bungled safety looked as if it would cost him the 22nd frame as Selby countered with a 41 only to miss a straightforward pink. With great care Ding strung together a 23 to move within one frame of victory.

Could Selby respond ? The answer appeared to be no as Ding concocted a vicious snooker that left the cue ball hidden behin the green on the baulk cushion. Selby was in terrible trouble and a second attempt at an escape left Ding a pottable red to the corner. Taking it the Chinese player then followed with the pink - only to break down an a red to the corner on 51. Back came Selby with a 24 only to miss a red to the corner. But Ding couldn't capitalise and left a red to the corner. Only for both players to do a disappearing act for a few fleeting seconds. With both players returned to the arena the scores read 51-33 in favour of Ding, with just one red left on the table.

And it was Ding who erred first as he left a cuttable red to the corner. Drawing the cue back Selby fired in the red and cleared up to the blue. He still required the pink. He cued the shot - and then could only look on as the pink stayed out of the pocket. That was to be Mark's last shot as Ding sized up a cuttable pink to the corner. Drawing back his cue Ding struck the cue ball and watched the pink scramble it's way into the top corner pocket, and followed with the black to clinch the match 13-10 and progress to a clash with Judd Trump in the semi finals.

Suzy Jardine - The Crucible

Postby Snooker Overdrive

With the help of Dr. Peters Ronnie is on the road of recovery.
He said on twitter:
"Dr steve peters. Has really gave me a new way of seeing things. It's working progress."

This championship without match practise against the currently best player in the world was just a bit too much to ask for. Ronnie will play in more tournaments next season and will be in a much better mental condition, Ronnie is just on his way back to the top. Roll on next season!

Postby GJ

mate

i had to edge robbo over matthew when they played bahrian final

whats are your thoughts on this one

i hope ding does it

Postby Bourne

I remember you asking me that about a month ago and I said honestly then I didn't know and it would depend on situation. I was asked again the other day by someone and I still cilouldnt answer, now it's defo happening I just can't go against either, because both have so much to gain, a first world final is just huge. At least it makes it easy for me to know who to support in the final hehe

I
My inkling is that I'll know who to support by the time the match starts tomorrow like it'll come naturally but before then its impossible :-(

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:I remember you asking me that about a month ago and I said honestly then I didn't know and it would depend on situation. I was asked again the other day by someone and I still cilouldnt answer, now it's defo happening I just can't go against either, because both have so much to gain, a first world final is just huge. At least it makes it easy for me to know who to support in the final hehe

I
My inkling is that I'll know who to support by the time the match starts tomorrow like it'll come naturally but before then its impossible :-(

understand completely bahrain was so sureal

it was weird but in final session i knew i wnated robbo to win :afro:

Postby vodkadiet

vodkadiet wrote:John has been unlucky so far today. Ronnie will crumble.

I have strong belief.

John to win a 4th world title.

:win:

This was my prophecy when Ronnie was 7-4 up.

Frame <cool>

Postby Bourne

Hehe you never know

If I'm honest I thought pre-tourn that this would be Ding's best chance to date in Sheffield and my word with how he got past Bingham you could almost say it's some sort of destiny but ... Trump will have to have a significant downturn in form, I still think even now people don't appreciate how well he's playing and how difficult he will be to beat.

Postby GJ

i said at 4-8 down to bingjam

that is his comeback match like with robbo agianst gouldy

i said then its dings title

him or higgins i think

Postby vodkadiet

I just want to say hard luck to Ronnie. He gave everything he had and credit to him for that.

It will be a shame if he never returns to The Crucible. I think he will play on for a couple of more years, and maybe he will find some form at some point.

Ronnie :hatoff:

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:I just want to say hard luck to Ronnie. He gave everything he had and credit to him for that.

It will be a shame if he never returns to The Crucible. I think he will play on for a couple of more years, and maybe he will find some form at some point.

very gracious :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:I just want to say hard luck to Ronnie. He gave everything he had and credit to him for that.

What's going on here? I thought I would never do that after one of your comments but :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

Holy rubbish <laugh>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:I remember you asking me that about a month ago and I said honestly then I didn't know and it would depend on situation. I was asked again the other day by someone and I still cilouldnt answer, now it's defo happening I just can't go against either, because both have so much to gain, a first world final is just huge. At least it makes it easy for me to know who to support in the final hehe

I

yeh i experienced similar mixed emotions when The Model Rick Martell had to square up against Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels at Summerslam 1992 :shrug:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

I

yeh i experienced similar mixed emotions when The Model Rick Martell had to square up against Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels at Summerslam 1992 :shrug:

Thanks for putting everything into perspective witz haha