Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 12 Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I feel a little sick about it all, I know it's only a snooker match but it would actually be my best moment as a snooker fan up to now if Sullivan won this. Serious butterflies.

Is it more a pro-Ronnie or anti-John thing or just a conglomerate of the two ?

I'm afraid we were a bit too slow and Tubberlad already went to bed.

Allright I'm off see you tomorrow.

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I feel a little sick about it all, I know it's only a snooker match but it would actually be my best moment as a snooker fan up to now if Sullivan won this. Serious butterflies.

Tubs is a playboy, he doesn't sleep :evilgrin:

Postby jojo

obviously i will be supporting williams against higgins if ronnie loses to him however i cant see williams beating ronnie on this form

should ding and ronnie win tommorow i think them two will be in the final a nailed on certainty

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Tubs is a playboy, he doesn't sleep :evilgrin:

<laugh> Allright I'm not, so I'm off to bed.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:

I'd be lying if I said it weren't a conglomerate, but I want to make it clear that my dislike of him has nowt to do with being an O'Sullivan fan, and I mean that.

Postby gallantrabbit

jojo wrote:obviously i will be supporting williams against higgins if ronnie loses to him however i cant see williams beating ronnie on this form

should ding and ronnie win tommorow i think them two will be in the final a nailed on certainty

I can very much see Williams beating Ronnie, much more so than for the last 5 years. I'm not sure Ronnie will do for Higgins yet, will be tight all the way and I think JH might edge it. The semi will be a classic whatever.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Fair enough I guess it's heightened after the season he's had, every win suddenly starts to feel more valued.

Yes mate. I always had a very healthy respect for John Higgins, and it's still there for him as a player.

As a Ronnie fan it's been a difficult enough season as you say, and I get the feeling this is last chance saloon. It's either going to be a serious ecstatic win or the most crushing loss tomorrow for me so really nervous.

The cigarette box doesn't know what's hit it <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't see much of the Dott game, other then the 147 attempt. Anybody think he can do a Robertson and win this game?

13-7 at worst

At worst it should be

Tonight was Judds seventh session of the tournament, and he holds a record of 6 1/2 to 1/2 - the 4-4 being that shared session

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:Fair enough I guess it's heightened after the season he's had, every win suddenly starts to feel more valued.

Yes mate. I always had a very healthy respect for John Higgins, and it's still there for him as a player.

As a Ronnie fan it's been a difficult enough season as you say, and I get the feeling this is last chance saloon. It's either going to be a serious ecstatic win or the most crushing loss tomorrow for me so really nervous.

The cigarette box doesn't know what's hit it <laugh>

That's how I felt after Ding's win, the line between a win and a loss is so ridiculously fine but the feeling after he won was just immense like a huge weight had been lifted but a loss would have been utterly demoralising again and tbh the Masters win would have felt utterly meaningless with only a R2 at Worlds to show alongside it.

Postby Bourne

PLtheRef wrote:
Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't see much of the Dott game, other then the 147 attempt. Anybody think he can do a Robertson and win this game?

13-7 at worst

At worst it should be

Tonight was Judds seventh session of the tournament, and he holds a record of 6 1/2 to 1/2 - the 4-4 being that shared session

Just been extremely professional with his chances, momentum right with him

Postby Tubberlad

I was delighted for Ding, I think the lad gets a lot of totally unjustified stick for having no bottle, no personality, when people don't seem to realise he is a special snooker player who has dealt with a very testing period i his career very well. People have no consideration for him having to move and integrate into a very different society, and some of the articles on 606 after he won the masters were a bit shameful, bordering on racist.

A Ding World title would be great for the game Bourne.

Postby PLtheRef

Monday night, just watching him from 12-9, the way he walked around the table just said, 'I fancy this' - and thats something I've never seen from Ding, apart from the fearless one of the mid-200os. Now he knows how to win a bo25, and that can only help him.

Postby jojo

funny thing is if higgins does win tomorrow think his semi against williams will be a classic very tough to call however ronnie has the edge over williams now i know williams is a cut above most of the players but he not really been that impressive in reaching the stage where he at now ie two frames away from the semi

hes done what hes had to do no real pressure put on him by cope or allen and williams class shining through in them matches

however i cant see how he can hurt ronnie ronnie if he wins tomorrow he seems so clued on head in the right place passion seems evident again he looks hungry and his game is tailor made to play williams who himself likes to attack and not hang around

the only consolation if higgins wins tomrrow is we will have a classic semi final which will go all the way however if ronnie wins tomorrow he will win the semis by four or five frames

Postby jojo

racist pin ends hurt him in 2007 in the masters final only a minority but it clearly effected him them sort need shooting bucking cowardly little englander idiots they what give this country a bad name we not all like this so i wouldnt want to be tard with the same brush as them

they with their mates so they feel secure like to see them in their teens in a foreign country all on their own with the eyes of the world on them just trying to earn a living

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:All I know is, I would love Mark Williams to thrash whoever wins that match.

I'd love to see Mark Williams to win, and get to the final. I'd be so happy to see Mark Williams live in a Crucible match. Can't see it though.

Postby wheelsofsteel

SnookerFan wrote:I'm equally as nervous the other way.

I'd love, love, love it if John Higgins beat that always retiring, v-sign giving to his own fans, snooker hating bar steward

... who is the only real character snooker has, given that he has th abilityto do nothing and still generate headlines by what others say about him (e.g. Hearn, Murphy)

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm equally as nervous the other way.

I'd love, love, love it if John Higgins beat that always retiring, v-sign giving to his own fans, snooker hating bar steward

... who is the only real character snooker has, given that he has th abilityto do nothing and still generate headlines by what others say about him (e.g. Hearn, Murphy)

Not the only character, but by far and away the most popular one. Which I don't understand. He pulls out of tournaments so often, I can't understand how people can have the belief he wants to play for his fans.

Postby Black2white

would be great if he did, but actually I can't see Judd choking such a lead :| he's just ruthless and doesn't care for anyone, Gould at one point just realised he's a underdog and put pressure on himself, Judd wouldn't do the same

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote:

would be great if he did, but actually I can't see Judd choking such a lead :| he's just ruthless and doesn't care for anyone, Gould at one point just realised he's a underdog and put pressure on himself, Judd wouldn't do the same

I think you're probably right. It'd be good to see Dott take a couple of frames and make the score respectable. Also be good for the ticket buyers to see more the 2 frames. I'd like to see Dott take three in a row and make it to the MSI.

Postby Black2white

SnookerFan wrote:I think you're probably right. It'd be good to see Dott take a couple of frames and make the score respectable. Also be good for the ticket buyers to see more the 2 frames. I'd like to see Dott take three in a row and make it to the MSI.

yeah would like to see it get a bit closer
god knows why Dott let it slip really, the last 2 frames yesterday showed he's still in good form and capable of winning frames in one visit :hatoff:
one visit stuff is the only way to make the match go on for longer
still think Judd to win 13-7

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I think you're probably right. It'd be good to see Dott take a couple of frames and make the score respectable. Also be good for the ticket buyers to see more the 2 frames. I'd like to see Dott take three in a row and make it to the MSI.

yeah would like to see it get a bit closer
god knows why Dott let it slip really, the last 2 frames yesterday showed he's still in good form and capable of winning frames in one visit :hatoff:
one visit stuff is the only way to make the match go on for longer
still think Judd to win 13-7

Was watching Williams vs Allen, so can't really tell you. Maybe just because Trump is now being back as the next big thing, and after only one tournament win, his name is being compared to Hendry and Ronnie. (And that's just by the commentators.) Maybe Dott showed him too much respect to start with. Could just be that Judd shut him out early on.

Trump is a weird, and actually quite frustrating player to watch. He's somebody who clearly needs more experience, and more polish. Some of his shot selection is still wrong. During the China Open, I kept expecting somebody more experienced to take advantage of these mistakes. Yet, they seemed to always be cold when they came to the table, and the Ebdons and Murphys of the world seemed unable to make the most of Trump's inexperience.

If he keeps up this form, and keeps on learning, it'll be scary how good he is in five years time.

Postby GJ

DINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG