Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 12 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

Day 12 and after today they take away 1 Table who will be the 4 players that will play on that 1 Table over the next 3 days ?

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Wednesday 27th of April

10am

Ding Junhui 5-3 Mark Selby
Mark Williams 11-5 Mark Allen conclusion

2.30pm

Judd Trump 11-5 Graeme Dott conclusion
Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-4 John Higgins

7pm

Ding Junhui v Mark Selby conclusion
Ronnie O'Sullivan v John Higgins conclusion

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 12 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

simplysnooker wrote:Gutted I'm going to miss tomorrow due to school, but back at about 3 so will catch up in time for the evening session.

Pity Rory not playing you wouldn't miss many frames <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Gutted I'm going to miss tomorrow due to school, but back at about 3 so will catch up in time for the evening session.

Pity Rory not playing you wouldn't miss many frames <laugh>

McHighlandah hatah :irk:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The Ronnie - Higgins match gave me a great vibe. You could see how both of them saw playing each other as a challenge and raised their game massively. Ronnie didn't miss a easy ball and knocked some great long pots in. Higgins had a pot success of 96%. It was a brilliant session of snooker and has the potenial to be the match with the highest standard of play in this tournament. I think the winner of this match will go on to take his fourth World Title. I just hope its Ronnie.

Postby Bourne

Good thing is Ding can even afford a 2-6 session worse-case scenario but really he can look to start tomorrow off like a train and put some daylight to Selby, then we'll really see what he's made of.

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:Trump would rather face selby i think

All I know Selby would have rather faced Bingham.

I told you Ding's big match pre-final would be Bingham, that was emotionally the toughest test for him <ok>

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:Trump would rather face selby i think

All I know Selby would have rather faced Bingham.

I told you Ding's big match pre-final would be Bingham, that was emotionally the toughest test for him <ok>

:hatoff:

But has to beat Selby now to make it count.

Yes agree a quarterfinal is still an underachievement for Ding so still pressure on him.

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:yesd and alot wrote him off agianst bingham

knowledgable experts on here knew better

;-) :hatoff:

I don't even remember what I was saying at 12-9 haha I need to read that back I think I was in a state of delusion I really didn't think he'd get it back.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:yesd and alot wrote him off agianst bingham

knowledgable experts on here knew better

;-) :hatoff:

I don't even remember what I was saying at 12-9 haha I need to read that back I think I was in a state of delusion I really didn't think he'd get it back.

at 4-8 i said ding was a cert to win

never waffered TBH

:hatoff:

Postby Roland

The thing with Ding is you know he knows about pressure. He had the spell after Ronnie beat him in the Masters when people were writing him off. He's been there, therefore you know he has bottle because of the big matches he's won since.

But he can also suddenly look like he doesn't fancy the job if he's pressured, and he is capable of playing poorly as demonstrated in the first couple of sessions against Bingham, although I think he's got that out of his system now. He's always dangerous but I have seen Selby beat him convincingly (Masters last year and China this) and he can get on top of him. Can't give him chances though which is what he admirably stopped in the last frame by reverting to his cagey game. I think Selby will have to grind the result out using matchplay, adopting his attacking game once he's back on even terms.

Postby SnookerFan

High quality stuff from both Higgins and Ronnie, though I feel Higgins playing slightly better of the two. So, being 4-4 with Ronnie may be considered a dissapointment. Not that Higgins will care, he has proven time and again that he has the game to beat Ronnie, even if it's close and Ronnie is at his best.

Though, my nagging Ronnie feeling won't go away. I pick Ronnie to take it 13-12 or 13-11. And with the mistakes that Williams and Allen made in the second session, Ronnie would go through them like a hot knife through butter.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't see much of the Dott game, other then the 147 attempt. Anybody think he can do a Robertson and win this game?

yes he has the fight and bottle of robbo so its possible :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

All I want if for Sullivan to beat Higgins. I'm not even that bothered about him winning the title, obviously I want him to win it more than the rest, but it would not bother me at all if Williams, Ding, Selby or Trump won it, in fact I'd be quite happy to see any of them win it because they're all great players.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:All I want if for Sullivan to beat Higgins. I'm not even that bothered about him winning the title, obviously I want him to win it more than the rest, but it would not bother me at all if Williams, Ding, Selby or Trump won it, in fact I'd be quite happy to see any of them win it because they're all great players.

HIGGINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:All I want if for Sullivan to beat Higgins. I'm not even that bothered about him winning the title, obviously I want him to win it more than the rest, but it would not bother me at all if Williams, Ding, Selby or Trump won it, in fact I'd be quite happy to see any of them win it because they're all great players.

Why exactly do you want Higgins to win so badly <laugh>

Postby rebecca

Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:

Why exactly do you want Higgins to win so badly <laugh>

Predicts?