Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 11 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

nothing agianst selby but trump v ding would be class , ding isa machine when he gets going same with trump

and for me trump will more concerned facing ding than selby

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:he has been class to be fair

I know deep down i'll be happy even if he loses tamely in the semis BUT champions want more and more and I get the impression Judd strongly believes he can win it and I don't see any reason why he can't with his attitude.

i know hazel and them made a big deal of robbo wriitng off his chances but robbo had just lost so he was gutted :-(

im sure after so thought he knows judd has a good shot at it

robbo was spot on.

he really did not play like a world champion in waiting against Robbo and even today his shot selection is raw as hell BUT he is still in it and now can win it.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

I know deep down i'll be happy even if he loses tamely in the semis BUT champions want more and more and I get the impression Judd strongly believes he can win it and I don't see any reason why he can't with his attitude.

i know hazel and them made a big deal of robbo wriitng off his chances but robbo had just lost so he was gutted :-(

robbo was spot on.

he really did not play like a world champion in waiting against Robbo and even today his shot selection is raw as hell BUT he is still in it and now can win it.

for me he has more about him than muprhy in 05 but no offence to stevens and murphys other opponents but he had it easy

higgins was in rubbish form that year

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

robbo was spot on.

Even a young Stephen Hendry would have been proud of what Trump achieved and played so far.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:I know deep down i'll be happy even if he loses tamely in the semis BUT champions want more and more and I get the impression Judd strongly believes he can win it and I don't see any reason why he can't with his attitude.

robbo was spot on.

Even a young Stephen Hendry would have been proud of what Trump achieved and played so far.

Shaun Murphy is the benchmark of what a player can do and come from nowhere to be champion so if they pot the balls they can get there i supose.

Hendry was Raw in 1989 when he made the semis and Davis just Ground him down to win 16-9..

Trump wont face a player of the experience of Davis in the semis he will face players desperate themselves to get to the final that could work to his advantage.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Have you lot missed me today?

no

Are you trying to jinx Higgins?

no

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:With respect to Murphy he came from nowhere in 05, Judd has shown a lot more this season than he did then so it wouldn't be such a big surprise if Judd won.

agree thats why murphy is proof you can be raw and win.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:With respect to Murphy he came from nowhere in 05, Judd has shown a lot more this season than he did then so it wouldn't be such a big surprise if Judd won.

Especially when one of us said he'd get to the final after two days of the tournament. :D

Postby gallantrabbit

Actually managed to watch some live snooker today :badger:
I must say I was mighty impressed by Williams. From the bits I've seen on youtube so far of different players he's looking the best. Is hitting the ball SO well and I am genuinely shocked the few times he misses.
Dott will be regretting not 'opening his shoulders earlier' as he also looked like he couldn't miss in the last three frames after looking like he couldn't hit a cow's bottom with a banjo all day, (couldn't have had an easier chance for the max though...). Ronnie v Higgins was always going to end 4-4 today and Ding v Selby will I think go the distance.
Looking forward to more Ronnie v Higgins tomorrow as it reaches a crescendo.

Postby Bourne

gallantrabbit wrote:Actually managed to watch some live snooker today :badger:
I must say I was mighty impressed by Williams. From the bits I've seen on youtube so far of different players he's looking the best. Is hitting the ball SO well and I am genuinely shocked the few times he misses.
Dott will be regretting not 'opening his shoulders earlier' as he also looked like he couldn't miss in the last three frames after looking like he couldn't hit a cow's bum with a banjo all day, (couldn't have had an easier chance for the max though...). Ronnie v Higgins was always going to end 4-4 today and Ding v Selby will I think go the distance.

It's always a lot easier to play with open shoulders when you're 11-2 down and nothing to lose, Trump won the battles when it was tight and nervy and it's a shame he's not getting enough credit for that but never mind.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Actually managed to watch some live snooker today :badger:
Dott will be regretting not 'opening his shoulders earlier' as he also looked like he couldn't miss in the last three frames after looking like he couldn't hit a cow's bottom with a banjo all day, (couldn't have had an easier chance for the max though...). Ronnie v Higgins was always going to end 4-4 today and Ding v Selby will I think go the distance.

Was it your first time attending live snooker? :-)