Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 11 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is anybody back at work tomorrow, or are we all pretty much here?

I'm here :D

so am i :hatoff: :happy: :ahh:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

To the Ronnie - Higgins match:

Ronnie fears no player on the tour, I do: Higgins and to some extend Selby

Higgins defeated Ronnie in the last season so many times in so many important and close matches. But a lot has changed. Higgins is still on his redemption tour and Ronnie is basically just starting his season.

Ronnie will have to improve massively, especially the simple mistakes have to be cut out. His long game has to improve and he has to motivate himself even more than he did so far. Higgins played like armless monk today but he'll not do it again tomorrow.

A win for Ronnie would be huge. In fact I believe this quarter final is exactly like last year the crucial match of the whole tournament. If he wins it somehow I think he will take the title.

Higgins is going in the game as the slight favourite it's about 60-40 to his advantage. But I would have these chances just a week ago in an instant.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Before I head off to bed my opinion to the other quarter finals:

Williams - Allen:
Allen became with very close match he won more dangerous to Williams. A week ago this would have been a straight win for the world no. 1. Not anymore but of course Mark J. still the favourite to edge this one, but Allen is just absolutely unpredictable. He certainly has the game to beat anyone. This will be a real close and hopefully a great match.

Ding - Selby:
A toss of a coin. Mark Selby played the best snooker so far but Ding with that big boost after his brilliant comeback. Every time these two play there so little between them, small things will decide this match. Certainly a great match to watch.

Trump - Dott:
The new star versus the Crucible Evergreen. A clash of the styles, the outcome uncertain. Will Dott slow Trump down or will Judd fire Graeme off the table? Tough to call. I think this match will also go close but Trump edging it. Just like the other matches its going to be a joy to watch.

All right. Time for bed. Can't afford to miss a single ball tomorrow.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:To the Ronnie - Higgins match:

Ronnie fears no player on the tour, I do: Higgins and to some extend Selby

Higgins defeated Ronnie in the last season so many times in so many important and close matches. But a lot has changed. Higgins is still on his redemption tour and Ronnie is basically just starting his season.

Ronnie will have to improve massively, especially the simple mistakes have to be cut out. His long game has to improve and he has to motivate himself even more than he did so far. Higgins played like armless monk today but he'll not do it again tomorrow.

A win for Ronnie would be huge. In fact I believe this quarter final is exactly like last year the crucial match of the whole tournament. If he wins it somehow I think he will take the title.

Higgins is going in the game as the slight favourite it's about 60-40 to his advantage. But I would have these chances just a week ago in an instant.

Ronnie will win that. Bookmark it.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm so nervous. I desperately want John Higgins to win this. I will go into full John Higgins fanboy mode if he beats Ronnie, and will forgive him if it gets proven beyond doubt he was guilty in Russia, and he then murdered my family. I would literally do anything, and support anyone to see Ronnie get knocked out of this tournament.

COME ON HIGGINS! DO THE BUSINESS! PLEASE!

Postby Roland

I can't wait for the quarter-finals!

I want Dott v Selby part 2 in the semis and Selby v any of the other 4 in the final but preferably not Ronnie because I couldn't stand the thought of Ronnie beating him in the final :redneck:

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:I'm off to the shop to buy some pepsi and some snacks for later. :wave:

Informative as ever SnookerFan! Thanks for sharing all your food thoughts and when you need a rubbish with us all :santa:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm off to the shop to buy some pepsi and some snacks for later. :wave:

Informative as ever SnookerFan! Thanks for sharing all your food thoughts and when you need a rubbish with us all :santa:

Hey, the topic says it's a Day 11 Discussion, not a snooker discussion. So I like to throw in tidbits about other stuff I'm doing during the day. :bow: