Topic locked

Re: Ding as favourite?

Postby Alex0paul

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:i know who dotty would rather face if he beats trump and he isnt chinese

Dotty got Selbys number, good point :hatoff:

Not really, Selby has beaten him twice this season but I think Ding will love the one table setup and it would be tough for Dott to stay with him.

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:i know who dotty would rather face if he beats trump and he isnt chinese

I don't agree with that. Selby has beaten him twice this season I think, and has beaten Dott at the Crucible before. Would be interesting.

Postby Smart

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Smart wrote:

Not really, Selby has beaten him twice this season but I think Ding will love the one table setup and it would be tough for Dott to stay with him.

I think last year will play massively into Dottys hands if they meet again. Dotty came thru very well on that occasion. Crucible matches are different to other rankers, which are insignifiant in regards :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:
Smart wrote:

I think last year will play massively into Dottys hands if they meet again. Dotty came thru very well on that occasion. Crucible matches are different to other rankers, which are insignifiant in regards :hatoff:

REXY :hatoff: :win:

Postby GJ

Dotty is so good even if he is frozen out for a few frames he comes back in straight away and makes a frame winning break

Postby Bourne

Randam and each and every one of the other Ding hatahs has my express permission to go and suck a big one, thanks <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:Randam and each and every one of the other Ding hatahs has my express permission to go and suck a big one, thanks <ok>

i think randam is the only ding hatah

Postby Smart

Rocket_ron wrote:
Bourne wrote:Randam and each and every one of the other Ding hatahs has my express permission to go and suck a big one, thanks <ok>

he very quiet tonight, hope he is okay rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

he very quiet tonight, hope he is okay rofl

he is probably eat humble pie for supper

Postby jojo

only a idiot would rule ding out of ever winning the worlds same way as only a idiot would rule ronnie out of winning a fourth world title

ding has got the bottle to win here still a question mark over shot selection but i think that not too much of a concern when he come up against one of the big guns he will treat them with more respect and turn down shots and play the right shot

from what i see against bigham he did push the boat out a few times but he wont be doing that against selby

people may say ding not got the bottle to win here but he 12-9 down against bingham from then on he didnt do much wrong ding already won two uk titles and a masters he more than capable of adding the worlds to that list

he got the all round game and temperament make no mistake about it if he does beat selby in the quarters then hes favourite to reach the final i cant see either dott or trump beating him in the semis

his all round game is better than them twos and by that time his confidence will grow and i think in a one table situation is something he will thrive on

Postby randam05

Now he is in the quarters for first time, it will take another 4 attempts to make the semis...

Joke! But I dont fancy he will win this quarter. He may win his next quarter.

Postby jojo

randam now you i know i respect you a lot on this forum i seen the way you play snooker on them clips i also like your passion and knowledge for the game you clearly know your rubbish and you still very young but let me tell you something pal of all the young players ie mid twenties or below ding has the best chance of winning the worlds in the next few years i rate him higher than trump

he winning a ccouple of uks look at the legends he beat in the finals he also won the masters and won in china when it seemed the whole population was watching him

what young player in his age group has won similar titles under extreme pressure ? nobody comes close he can play under pressure nothing wrong with his bottle whatsoever yes shot selection suspect against the weaker players he goes for too much but if he finishes off selby which i expect him to do trump is the player who he would love to play against make no mistake about it

one table situation at the biggest stage new thing for both of them i would make ding huge favourite in my opinion he has more big game experience and better nouse than trump who in my opinion will be under more pressure in the semis

people beginning to take note of trump now in a one table situation whereas with ding it appears in the uk no one gives a flying buck about his run people still think his temperament is suspect he will love to play against trump who plays an open game

should ding finish off selby tomorrow which i expect him to do he a huge favourite to reach the final i not seen any snooker at all today not been able to so cant really comment on how players are playing but ding v ronnie will be my dream final and that will probably be 50 5o

make no mistake about it allen williams ronnie higgins whoever reaches the final i wouldnt make any of them favourite against ding in the final

im convinced his time has come and on bank holiday monday something tells me he will be lifting the trophy which would mean in the last 18 months he pick up all three majors worlds uk and masters wont be bad for a choker

how many people expected him to come back from 4-8 and 9-12 down against bingham ? he will feed off from the confidence gained in that match and beating selby will just consolidate it at the very least

now you know me pal im not into this fanboyish rubbish ding not my favourite player but i wouldnt be at all surprised if he beats ronnie in the final

Postby randam05

Thanks jojo, good of you to say that at the start! Appreciated man. :-)

Interesting read there, and I know what you are saying and I know how good he is. I just dont think hes ready for the words yet, same as trump. Higgins, williams, O sullivan, selby, murphy will be too strong in the coming years. But they will probably prove me wrong come monday evening. Not even sure ding will make the semis yet. Selby will prove strong I feel.

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:Now he is in the quarters for first time, it will take another 4 attempts to make the semis...

:wave:

Postby randam05

Bourne wrote:
randam05 wrote:Now he is in the quarters for first time, it will take another 4 attempts to make the semis...

:wave:

:bags: