Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 9 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:No chance there is 1 player left who i would like to win it

but im not risking jinxing him no chance

Allen <ok>

:?

Postby vodkadiet

Like the avatar GJ. I will see you in the final next Sunday. It will be like 2007 all over again. <cool>

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:

Like the avatar GJ. I will see you in the final next Sunday. It will be like 2007 all over again. <cool>

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
DavieMac wrote:
Bourne wrote:Selby's laid down a marker tonight so up to Ding to do the same and I think he will <ok>

Yeppers. Nobody is really speaking of him winning it but i think he'll go close this year. Though Selby in that form i doubt he'll handle.

Ding at his best vs Selby at his best, no contest for me.

to be honest pound for pound over the last 5 years Selby has been more impressive than Ding but hes been unable to maintain it.

if both play to their best Selby will win.

Postby andreiolay212

to be honest pound for pound over the last 5 years Selby has been more impressive than Ding but hes been unable to maintain it. if both play to their best Selby will win.

Ding at his best would dismantle Selby, Ding is better in every department and has the 3rd best all round game in snooker: after Ronnie and Higgins.

Postby Roland

I'm not going to tempt fate by going on about Selby but I will say that a lot of losses have been hard to take because he makes players raise their games to beat him and the result is I've definitely seen players play better against him than other top players. That could be fanboy glasses though but not many would've coped with Williams and Trump in the German and China finals this year, I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

I'm gagging for Selby to get the final because in the pub with Mr Snookerbacker himself, he asked the question "So who is going to beat Judd this year?" and I said "Selby" and he said "Will you shut up about Selby?!!!!"

I answered the question he posed :shrug:

He was a Carter picker though, so :win:

Postby Roland

andreiolay212 wrote:
to be honest pound for pound over the last 5 years Selby has been more impressive than Ding but hes been unable to maintain it. if both play to their best Selby will win.

Ding at his best would dismantle Selby, Ding is better in every department and has the 3rd best all round game in snooker: after Ronnie and Higgins.

rofl

The World Championships bring out the fanboy in all of us. I love it!

andreiolay212 - I was front row in Ding's opening match and I watched him at close quarters.

Ding is a bucking sensational snooker player. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

andreiolay212 wrote:

Absalute bucking bullocks <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Roland

Selby has got the better of Ding in all recent big matches. I'm not tempting fate though, Ding is well capable of winning the Worlds. I just think it would be a travesty if Selby never won it.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:Selby has got the better of Ding in all recent big matches. I'm not tempting fate though, Ding is well capable of winning the Worlds. I just think it would be a travesty if Selby never won it.

Ding Junhui & Judd Trump will win more World Titles than any player in this draw with the exception of Stephen Hendry. They may not better Sullivan or Higgins on three, but I certainly fancy them to level with them (unless of course one of them adds another this year).

If Selby does not win it this year, I don't know if he'll ever be a World Champion. And yes, that WOULD be a travesty. With the exception of Jimmy White, he is the best player not to have won the World Championship.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm actually quite looking forward to the next couple of days. Okay, a Rory McLeod match couldn't be interesting if Michaela Tabb was refereeing naked, but I'm quite looking forward to Ding and Bingham. Ding should win easily, but I'm more excited in seeing this match then I would've been for Ding vs Ebdon. It can't be any more useless a match then the Ronnie vs Murphy poor-standard fest was.

I was quite psyched for Hendry vs Selby. Though Hendry has as much chance of getting to the quarters then I have. It'll be good to see him win a few games, make the score respectable though. Imagine if Selby gets to the quarter finals, having only conceeded two frames.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I'm not going to tempt fate by going on about Selby but I will say that a lot of losses have been hard to take because he makes players raise their games to beat him and the result is I've definitely seen players play better against him than other top players. That could be fanboy glasses though but not many would've coped with Williams and Trump in the German and China finals this year, I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

I'm gagging for Selby to get the final because in the pub with Mr Snookerbacker himself, he asked the question "So who is going to beat Judd this year?" and I said "Selby" and he said "Will you shut up about Selby?!!!!"

I answered the question he posed :shrug:

He was a Carter picker though, so :win:

I don't recognise that name. Is that a poster on here or another forum? What a knobhead though. You only answered his question. He should come on here if he thinks people talk more about Selby then about Trump.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 24 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Though in his defence, Trump did just beat Trump in the China Open final, so it's not impossible that Trump would beat Selby. Trump's most difficult game on route to the semis was Robertson. But Selby has as good a chance of beating Trump then he has.

Personally, I think Ronnie or Higgins (Ronnie probably) will get to the final, and they will be the one who finally stops Trump.

Postby SnookerFan

It gets quite gruelling watching all this snooker, don't it? It's like 12 hours a day snooker at the minute.

This isn't a complaint, as snooker is my life. But does anybody else find that snooker becomes so central to them, then life somehow becomes a blur during Crucible Fortnight.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
DavieMac wrote:
Bourne wrote:Selby's laid down a marker tonight so up to Ding to do the same and I think he will <ok>

Yeppers. Nobody is really speaking of him winning it but i think he'll go close this year. Though Selby in that form i doubt he'll handle.

Ding at his best vs Selby at his best, no contest for me.

to be honest pound for pound over the last 5 years Selby has been more impressive than Ding but hes been unable to maintain it.

if both play to their best Selby will win.

I disagree but you very very rarely get two players playing at their best in the same match anyway, at least in the same session. That's again why the longer-formats are the best, gives each player a chance to find their best form at some point in the match.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Sonny wrote:Selby has got the better of Ding in all recent big matches. I'm not tempting fate though, Ding is well capable of winning the Worlds. I just think it would be a travesty if Selby never won it.

Ding Junhui & Judd Trump will win more World Titles than any player in this draw with the exception of Stephen Hendry. They may not better Sullivan or Higgins on three, but I certainly fancy them to level with them (unless of course one of them adds another this year).

If Selby does not win it this year, I don't know if he'll ever be a World Champion. And yes, that WOULD be a travesty. With the exception of Jimmy White, he is the best player not to have won the World Championship.

its still bullocks trying to say Ding has played to a higher level than Selby over the last 5 years because hes not even got close.

Ding and Trump got years on their side but theres no guarantee they will win even one...

over the next few years maybe Lisowski and Brecel even will steal their thunder.....who knows ?

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

its still bullocks trying to say Ding has played to a higher level than Selby over the last 5 years because hes not even got close.

Ding and Trump got years on their side but theres no guarantee they will win even one...

over the next few years maybe Lisowski and Brecel even will steal their thunder.....who knows ?

You are wrong there Wild boy. Ding has 3 major titles, several ranking events and made 100 centuries in less frames than Ronnie did and possibly Hendry.

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

its still balls trying to say Ding has played to a higher level than Selby over the last 5 years because hes not even got close.

You are wrong there Wild boy. Ding has 3 major titles, several ranking events and made 100 centuries in less frames than Ronnie did and possibly Hendry.

Ding is a convertor, Selby is ... not.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

over the last 5 years is 2007-2011

1 Ranker and 1 Masters.