Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 9 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:beside case i never rate players based on Titles

You must bloody love Selby then :redneck:

we all know selby has underachieved with the snooker he has produced....

Postby Wildey

andreiolay212 wrote:
beside case i never rate players based on Titles

Is that because you don't think that Selby will win a world title.

i rate players on the snooker they have produced but ultimately looking back over a career its better to have something to show for your performances.

Postby SnookerFan

I think we somewhat overreact to Mark Selby only getting one ranking win. I mean, the guy won The Masters twice. There's a difference between The Masters and other non-ranking tournament. And people forget Mark Selby won a PTC.

I mean, I think he's a top player you'd expect to have won more, but that's how difficult it is to win titles these days. For me, winning The Masters is as good as winning a ranking event in terms of prestige, if not points.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:I think we somewhat overreact to Mark Selby only getting one ranking win. I mean, the guy won The Masters twice. There's a difference between The Masters and other non-ranking tournament. And people forget Mark Selby won a PTC.

I mean, I think he's a top player you'd expect to have won more, but that's how difficult it is to win titles these days. For me, winning The Masters is as good as winning a ranking event in terms of prestige, if not points.

Exho <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I think we somewhat overreact to Mark Selby only getting one ranking win. I mean, the guy won The Masters twice. There's a difference between The Masters and other non-ranking tournament. And people forget Mark Selby won a PTC.

Exho <ok>

no they the reason Hendry is going to retire...

cant see him retiring if he cant play in snooker legends.

Postby Roland

I think you look at the standard some players have played at to win rankers and then you look at the standard Selby has played in tournaments he hasn't won and you can't tell me that standard isn't as good. Anyway, I've said it all before, some of the best performances he's come short against a player playing out of their skin, it's happened so many times, I could list it but that would be the ultimate fanboy thing to do. If you can talk in terms of perfect sessions of snooker, those where the only balls missed are post frame ball, where the safety shots are always good to get in the balls, very few players are capable of producing that for an 8 frame session and I've witnessed more than one perfect session from Selby. The first 4 frames last night was a perfect mini-session and he only won 3 of the 4 frames.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:let nobody underestimate just how well Trump played to win in china

:dizzy:

different between you and me is i judge on what i see you judge on what you think you see and want to see <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Higgins does sometimes take a while to settle but he always finds his feet and starts producing in the end.

he didn't against Davis last year i was expecting him to kick in to form and it never came but i get what you say cant expect lightning to strike twice.

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Higgins does sometimes take a while to settle but he always finds his feet and starts producing in the end.

he didn't against Davis last year i was expecting him to kick in to form and it never came but i get what you say cant expect lightning to strike twice.

Fair point that. He was useless by his standards but Davis did play well.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Wild wrote:

Higgins got himself at it against Ryan Day. Hitting tables and such. That said he could 12 down here and I would still back him to win!

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:let nobody underestimate just how well Trump played to win in china

:dizzy:

different between you and me is i judge on what i see you judge on what you think you see and want to see <ok>

Difference is it's taken you this long to make a solid judgement call on Trump where as i've called it right all along <ok>