Poll ended at 25 Apr 2011

Judd Trump
40%
Graeme Dott
60%

Total votes : 25

Re: World Championships 2011: QF - Trump vs Dott

Postby zawtowers

I think it'll be very close between two different but evenly matched players.

To be fair to Graeme, him and Ali Carter played their sessions pretty well and weren't that slow either. He's in good form at the right time and has the experience and nouse to do well.

Judd on the other hand tends to go for it, which is perfect if you're playing someone similar (Martin Gould) but his safety isn't the best, and that could determine which way the match goes.

I think Judd will just edge it but it'll be 13-11.

Postby GJ

I really think this could be an epic 13-12

Dotty is so good at the crucible and trumps is in great form

I will be mainly watching this one tomorrow but keeping an eye on allen v williams

Postby Roland

Wow in double quick time Dott takes the lead at 10-9 and Trump scores a century to level at 10-10 going into the last mid-session interval. It's now a best of 5!

Postby Bourne

Still quite confident on Judd's chances here I just don't think Dott's playing at the same standard as last season where he looked steady as a rock, first session could be the one if Dott gets him under all sorts of pressures like a 3-1 or 5-2 lead or something then we'll see how Judd reacts, because he hasn't been put under the cosh like that yet this week BUT the three-session format allows the chance to play his way into the match. I'm starting to get right up for this now :D

Postby GJ

dotty is so solid never lost a worlds quarter but trump is in great form

Postby Bourne

Dott deserves a lot of respect I can't fault the guy's fighting spirit at all and I know he won't give up no matter what score. But I think Judd will just try and bully him off the table :redneck:

Postby GJ

dotty just wont go away even if trump leads in to session 3 he wont shake dott off

i can only see a 13-12 decider

50/50 call

Postby Bourne

Well that's that then, Dott wins the poll BUT then again Robbo and Stevens won their respective polls in this tournament and lost AND the O'Sullivan/Murphy poll ended a draw (that can't happen in real snooker) so Islanders we can deduce are generally clueless when it comes to predicting matches, ergo sum Trump will win <ok> :D

Postby Wildey

This Match is hanging on how well Dott scores when he gets in.

cant afford to miss when hes in like he did against Carter.

but Dotts all round game will frustrate Trump to having a go at one to many.