Topic locked

Trump keeps on winning

Postby Bourne

7 victories on the spin now dating back to his win in the first-round in China, as well as a convincing qualifying win for Sheffield and an appearance in the PTC Grand Finals. Trump has only behind for one of these matches, against Robertson in the first-round, and adapted well to his new surroundings once more in BO25 to thrash Martin Gould 13-6 today.

Is there any reason why he can't make it 10 wins on the spin ? I don't think there are many people now who doubt he's got the ability, but other crucial ingredients have to be form, confidence and self-belief if a player wants to achieve the ultimate goal here and Judd has all three in abundance at the moment.

Judd Trump said, not wrote:I always knew if I brought a decent game with me I could go out and win it, and I still feel that. I'm definitely super-confident. I feel like I've got the game to go out and win it.

I'm on such a high, I've got used to winning whereas I was used to losing before.

The last month has exceeded my wildest expectations. I have to bring myself back to reality sometimes. I've only won two games, so it's nothing that special. I've still got a long way to go. There's a lot of tough players out there to beat.

And also the right attitude, not getting ahead of himself and taking one match at a time, try to enjoy it rather than heap pressure on himself. Dott in the next round is certainly beatable and then it's the one-table set-up which is a special moment.

Let's keep the momentum going all the way ! <ok>

Re: Trump keeps on winning

Postby SnookerFan

Absolutely no reason he can't win at all. He's gone from being a bit of an alsoran, to being on an immense hot streak, where he doesn't look like he can be beaten.

I'm still predicting a Ronnie vs Trump final.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:Absolutely no reason he can't win at all. He's gone from being a bit of an alsoran, to being on an immense hot streak, where he doesn't look like he can be beaten.

Amazing how one match can turn it around, beating Fu in China was when I started to feel a change in fortunes and boy has that happened.

Postby Roland

In the qualifiers in the worlds he was pretty poor first session against David Gilbert missing a lot of easy balls through lapses in concentration but the way he polished off that match you could tell he was on the brink of the form he's shown since then.

He will face a stern test against Dotty, make no mistake.

Postby snooky147

SnookerFan wrote:Absolutely no reason he can't win at all. He's gone from being a bit of an alsoran, to being on an immense hot streak, where he doesn't look like he can be beaten.

If it does happen to be a Ronnie v Trump final then Ronnie will stomp all over him and win easily. IMO :john:

Postby Casey

wheelsofsteel wrote:wow

seven matches

that's the record of a legend

You don't seem to like Judd much. Did he not sign your autograph book....

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:

If it does happen to be a Ronnie v Trump final then Ronnie will stomp all over him and win easily. IMO :john:

If? I predicted it. It's written in the stars. :D

Postby wheelsofsteel

Casey wrote:

seven matches

Only collect world champions - eh, so no. I might not ever have it :chuckle:

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:

seven matches

pmsl