Re: carrying on for snookers

Postby Bourne

Smart wrote:
Bourne wrote:Why ?

context of the match and the situation regarding Hendo :win:

Expected better if i'm honest.

Postby Caledonian Craig

I don't see the problem in it but there again I never saw the incident as I was working. I think I am correct in saying that Mark Selby is one of those players that will play on for snookers more than a number of other players. I have no problem with that as long as he is consistent which I believe he is.

Postby GJ

it was a one off case is what rexy and I are saying

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:it was a one off case is what rexy and I are saying

yes absolutely, I am no fan of Hendo, but he deserved more respect in that situation ...................but hey its fish and chip papers now. I know about 100 other snooker players who would of been more sporting and accepting of the actual situation with regards to Hendo. RAC does not fit that bracket. :hatoff:

Postby jojo

nothing disrespectful about the situation whatsoever

selby won the frame so dont know what peoples gripe is when hendry was in his prime he was ruthless he couldnt give a flying buck how sad the opponent was feeling in his chair it was all about winning for him

nice to see someone else doing that back to him ie showing ruthlessness not sentiment hendry never felt sentiment for any of his opponents

just a shame selby wasnt 12-0 up and needing eight snookers in frame thirteen because had he carried on and got them to win the frame and match 13-0 that would have been more appropriate ha

Postby jojo

you missing the irony of my last sentence hendry been ruthlessly beating people in his prime no hint of sentiment offered to any of his opponents he never thought of anything but winning and if ever there was any chance of a century break he would play on and try to make the century as if the outcome of the match depended on it

utter ruthlessness so if someone does it to him he cant complain but to his credit he never complained at all about selby carrying on for snookers