Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 8 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

dotty v trump

williams v allen

2 class matches

2moretocome

should be much better than the round 2 borefest

Postby Caledonian Craig

Disasterous session for Hendry and game and snooker career over me thinks? Can't really knock him as he never really got a look in and was starved of chances by Selby's safety and poor run of the balls.

As for Mark Allen - very unlucky as was on for a 147 when he got a bad kick in potting a black to end his golden chance. Still he is safely through to the Q-F's.

Postby footygirl

Caledonian Craig wrote:Disasterous session for Hendry and game and snooker career over me thinks? Can't really knock him as he never really got a look in and was starved of chances by Selby's safety and poor run of the balls.

As for Mark Allen - very unlucky as was on for a 147 when he got a bad kick in potting a black to end his golden chance. Still he is safely through to the Q-F's.

Did Allen break down on the final black before the colours

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:Really hope Allen beats Williams and gets to the final. Really don't want one of Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins winning the tournament.

:hatoff:

Postby Alex0paul

footygirl wrote:
Caledonian Craig wrote:Disasterous session for Hendry and game and snooker career over me thinks? Can't really knock him as he never really got a look in and was starved of chances by Selby's safety and poor run of the balls.

Massive kick on the 12th black left him out of position

Postby Sickpotter

Well disappointing for Hendry but what can you do when your opponent plays like that :clap:

Well done Selby, he'll be tough for anyone if he keep up that form.

I was impressed with Hendry's early safety play, he forced some great chances and was unlucky not to be left in simple on a couple of occasions. That one frame where he had to play the slight masse around the black was a prime examle.

I was shocked Hendry missed that long ball in frame 3 , those used to be a walk in the park for him. He really seemed to be rushing the long balls. I think the eyes or rather his cueball/object ball transfer are a big issue on long shots. He had his cue way too far off center chin on his long shots, something he's not doing while in the balls from what I could see. :chin:

Hopefully he can pick it up second session, maybe even get a little rub of the green ;-)

Postby vodkadiet

Better than Allen. Hawkins couldn't have won the event. Any one of the 8 quarter finalits will be able to win the event and that is a good thing.

These bad break offs happen, but Hawkins will be kicking himself. Credit to Allen though for that break under pressure. Match played in a great spirit.

I hope Hendry loses with a session to spare and retires. He is becoming like a punchbag these days.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:Two final-framers for Mark so far, probably a bit too poetic to think 'name on the trophy' marmite at the moment but hey if he beats Williams ...

Could be doing a Doherty

Postby Casey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
footygirl wrote:

With the balls sitting perfect.

Delighted for Mark, what a game it will be against Mark :happy:

When is the first session?

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:
footygirl wrote:

With the balls sitting perfect.

Delighted for Mark, what a game it will be against Mark :happy:

When is the first session?

tuesday morning

Last edited by GJ on 23 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alex0paul

I think should Allen get to the semis he will be shattered given all he has been through. I already think he is feeling the strain and it could be another walkover for Williams.

Postby Roland

Sickpotter wrote:Well disappointing for Hendry but what can you do when your opponent plays like that :clap:

Well done Selby, he'll be tough for anyone if he keep up that form.

I was impressed with Hendry's early safety play, he forced some great chances and was unlucky not to be left in simple on a couple of occasions. That one frame where he had to play the slight masse around the black was a prime examle.

I was shocked Hendry missed that long ball in frame 3 , those used to be a walk in the park for him. He really seemed to be rushing the long balls. I think the eyes or rather his cueball/object ball transfer are a big issue on long shots. He had his cue way too far off center chin on his long shots, something he's not doing while in the balls from what I could see. :chin:

Hopefully he can pick it up second session, maybe even get a little rub of the green ;-)

Glad you found a feed to watch the action. It's a shame those in places like Canada don't have easier access to the action

Postby Casey

Alex0paul WC wrote:I think should Allen get to the semis he will be shattered given all he has been through. I already think he is feeling the strain and it could be another walkover for Williams.

Na, he has a few days off before the QF, he will be grand.

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:I think should Allen get to the semis he will be shattered given all he has been through. I already think he is feeling the strain and it could be another walkover for Williams.

with robbo out hopefully allen wins it

:hatoff: :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Casey wrote:

You just jinxed him out

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:A Selby v Allen final would be very tasty. But then again there are many potentially tasty finals.

I know you would prefer that but only because it would be the simplest match for Selby. Better plan with Higgins.

Selby could beat Ding and Trump back to back haha if he did that then i'd seriously do something i'd regret.

Postby Caledonian Craig

Caledonian Craig wrote:My predictions (not bad for Day Seven) for Day Eight is follows. I see Judd Trump wrapping up a 13 - 7 win against Martin Gould. I see Mark Allen pulling his match back to 8-8 in the morning. In the afternoon I see Shaun Murphy sharing the session with Ronnie at 4-4 and Graeme Dott sealing a 13-11 win against Ali Carter. In the evening I see Mark Selby taking a 5-3 lead (hope I am wrong) and Mark Allen sealing a 13-12 win against Barry Hawkins.

A bit more hit and miss with my predictions today.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:
Casey wrote:

You just jinxed him out

yes like i jinxed ronnie and wiggy today

<doh> :no: