Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 8 Discussion !!

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Caledonian Craig wrote:
Bourne wrote:I agree with you but the point is I see no reason why he shouldn't expect to beat them, some people are writing him off before he's even had the chance for silly reasons like 'he's too young, he's not experienced enough here, he's too attacking yada yada yah' ... snooker's a simple game at the end of the day, you pot the balls, you get the frames on the board, you win.

Experience does play a part though as it took Hendry (i think five visits before he first won the world tile), O'Sullivan took the title at his tenth attempt and so even the very best found it tough. Remember this is only Trump's second visit to The Crucible. Besides I won't be writing him off for future world titles as he has a load of things in his favour.

Judd isn't Hendry, or O'Sullivan, he's Judd Trump ... every tournament is different, I doubt they were in the form Judd was in back then (I could be wrong). If he wins, it doesn't mean he's better than Hendry or O'Sullivan, it simply means he won the tournament and deserved it. He has as much right as anyone else to believe he can win it, I mean the last accusation that was warranted at him was before this match that BO25 would be a new experience for him, while Gould had already played in this situation before, therefore Gould must be favourite ... :santa: Every new challenge he keeps on rising to it and performing, even today he could have wobbled at 7-5 to 7-6 but held his nerve and stuck the knife in. I guess he's similar to Ding now, only a world title would actually see him get the credit his talent deserves but even then i'm sure some would say it's a fluke or something :irk:

with respect Trump has not got close to the Form Hendry was Back then seriously studdy the history of the game before making statements like that even by classifying it with (I could be wrong) because you are 110% wrong <doh> <doh> <doh>

What winning streak was Hendry on coming into his 5th world champs then oh great one ?

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:UK Champion,Masters Champion during the season he won his 1st title at his 5th attempt.

No wild answer the question, what winning streak was he in coming into that world championships ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:UK Champion,Masters Champion during the season he won his 1st title at his 5th attempt.

No wild answer the question, what winning streak was he in coming into that world championships ?

3 Ranking Tournaments including the UK

The Masters

and Runner up in 2 other Ranking Championship

that Record today and there would be talk of players over doing things.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

The Masters

<doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Mark it down. Higgins will play Ronnie in the quarter finals. The winner of that will win the whole tournament. Mark Williams will win the semi-final. And lose to the winner of the Higgins/Ronnie match,

Judd Trump will reach the final.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:Mark it down. Higgins will play Ronnie in the quarter finals. The winner of that will win the whole tournament. Mark Williams will win the semi-final. And lose to the winner of the Higgins/Ronnie match,

Judd Trump will reach the final.

Williams will win and lose his semi-final :hmmm: that guy's good :spot on:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

The Masters

<doh>

so you see trump isnt even on the radar <ok>

winning wont be as much a shock as Murphy but it would be close <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:No wild answer the question, what winning streak was he in coming into that world championships ?

The Masters

<doh>

Trump isn't on the radar <laugh> You keep telling yourself that. :gramp:

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie will reach the final. I promise to never post on this forum again, should he not reach the final.

Ronnie being in The Crucible final in 2011, is a cast-iron certainty.

That is risky SF. Higgins will prove a tough one.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:3 Ranking Tournaments including the UK

The Masters

<doh>

i say it because its a million % truth.

you just thick and in denial.

that doesn't mean he cant win it as murphy in 2005 showed but its highly unlikely lightening will strike for the second time this year.

im even prepared to bet my house on that <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

How is he thick and in denial? Is that not a bit harsh?

This is nothing on the scale of Murphy in 05...Murphy had zero form coming into that tournament, Trump won a ranking event in great style and nobody batted an eyelid when he knocked the World Champion out in round one.

Murphy just hit hotter than a pistol form at the Crucible, he hammered Higgins and Ebdon, but unlike Trump, those results were massive upsets.

Postby SnookerFan

Caledonian Craig wrote:I don't think its fair to brand people Trump haters just because they reason it may be too soon for him and see part of his game that need improving. All that is is reasoned discussion with no hate involved as far as I am concerned.

The Trump lovahs think that if you don't say he's perfect in every way, on and off the table, and act like you want to be him, then you pouring venom on him.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie will reach the final. I promise to never post on this forum again, should he not reach the final.

Ronnie being in The Crucible final in 2011, is a cast-iron certainty.

That is risky SF. Higgins will prove a tough one.

rofl

It is. I was a bit drunk at the time, having watched a lot of the snooker in the pub last night. If people don't think less of me. Shouldn't be difficult, people don't think a lot of me anyway.

I still got a strong feeling that Ronnie will win though.

Postby snooky147

Judd Trump is a great player but no matter how far he gets in the WC he has an awful lot to learn. From what I see he is simply, pot a red, get an angle and smash the pack as hard as you can. It's okay for the fans who dont know the nuances of the game but pure and simple it's basically hit and hope. Look at O'Sullivan, Higgins, Hendry, Williams, Selby and sooooo many others who actually have a fair idea where the balls will land when they split them, providing they play the shot right. You cannot tell me that Trump has any idea when he blasts into the pack (from a red btw) what is going to happen. He will learn eventually and he is good but the game is about more than smashing the pack, there are lots of subtleties to it that the ordinary fan might not understand but we, the purists of the game do.

......Waits for onslaught........ :emb:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:if Trump will do it :hatoff:

but to put him on a list of faves is 100% thick.

sorry harsh but true <ok>

I don't know. Depends how long the list of favourites is.

He's in the easier side of the draw. Making him the sole favourite ahead of Ronnie, Williams and Higgns is a bit stupid. That's clearly not true. But he is only going to have to play one of those players, due to them all being on the same side of the draw. The way Trump is playing, I don't see who is going to beat him on his side of the draw. So, it's entirely possible he'll get to the final. It was only recently he was beating Murphy and Selby in the China Open.

I wouldn't say Trump is an overwhelming favourite, but I think outside the three favourites that I mentioned, he has as much chance as anyone else.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote: <doh>

i say it because its a million % truth.

you just thick and in denial.

that doesn't mean he cant win it as murphy in 2005 showed but its highly unlikely lightening will strike for the second time this year.

im even prepared to bet my house on that <ok>

Thanks but i've already got my own shed. :spot on: