Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 7 Discussion !!

Postby jojo

footygirl of course you eventually going to pot the balls if your opponent doesnt want to win and gifts you with chance after chance bashing the balls everywhere

i dont rate bingham at all yes he beat fu but that will be a different match to ding altogether fu is an inconsistent player sometimes he awful and that was one of them games bingham the type of player when he plays a seed he has to rely on them not playing well and being given plenty of chances

three session match at the crucible is completely different and ding is a better overall player than fu ding will win comfortably the only chance bingham has of beating ding is if ding plays awful and leaves him plenty of chances

cant see that happening to be honest i say roll on tuesday when the event starts properly this years second round matches are the least appealing for as long as i can remember and players like bingham are one of those reasons why ha
Last edited by jojo on 21 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

if a BIG if bingham leads against ding he will bottle it

he was 6-2 up on GL a few years back in round 2 and choked

Postby Wildey

footygirl wrote:Since when did we give freebie advertsising to the other forum

i have a open view.

every forum in it own way helps promote the sport we love so if other forums are dictatorship to who they promote its a indication on them that they hate competition.

where as we on the island say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just looked the second round matches up on betfair and they didn't even put the Higgins - McLeod "match" in there. Says it all.

I wonder if they had the Higgins - Davis "match" up there last year :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:

i have a open view.

every forum in it own way helps promote the sport we love so if other forums are dictatorship to who they promote its a indication on them that they hate competition.

where as we on the ireland say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:

i have a open view.

where as we on the ireland say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't say that in Ireland, we prefer 'sure we'll have a go'

Postby GJ

ok

i cant decide who to pick in ronnie match

so the first poster to respond to this post i will use the avatar of their choice

shaun or ronnie

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:ok

i cant decide who to pick in ronnie match

so the first poster to respond to this post i will use the avatar of their choice

shaun or ronnie

A nice plump avatar of Murphy, please :hatoff: in return, I will never call Ana Ivanovic overated again

Postby jojo

no i expected higgins to win in two sessions if not then early in the third

compare what davis has done in his career to bingham davis is over 20 years past his sell by date that doesnt mean to say every once in a while he cant roll back the years and produce a one off performance in a one off match that what he did against higgins last year

that first session from davis on the thursday evening was the best all round performance produced by anyone at the crucible last year in terms of standard and from then on he relied purely on matchplay and bottle to scrape home and he also got a lot of help from higgins it must be said

bingham hasnt got the bottle or matchplay to trouble ding however if ding plays awful in the first two sessions bingham will have a chance but the same can be said for any qualifier if their seeded opponents play awful for the first two sessions

Postby Bourne

Carter vs Dott is a similar feeling to Fu vs Gould for me as a Trump fan, either would be okay, no real preference. I know Dott has a great record here but I don't think he's playing great at the minute, and Carter from memory doesn't win a lot of matches from behind at this venue so if Judd can get a good early lead against either i'd strongly fancy a semi-final.

Postby jojo

ebdon was rubbish in that match all the way through im not taking anything away from bingham just saying he will need to rely on his opponents the seeded ones players that are better than him to play poorly then he will have a chance

over three sessions against ding i cant really see it to be honest with you

Postby Wildey

i make dott the fave from that section he has the pedegree and proven over distance.

yes hes not at his best yet but you get nothing for playing brilliant in round 1.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:
GJ wrote:
Sonny wrote:Ding will slaughter Bingham

how do you see allen v hawkins

from right behind the players

Someone call 999, this boy's fizzing big ones !

Postby jojo

the only two second round matches that could go either way this year are carter v dott and trump v gould

the other six are stonewall certainties so discussing who going to win and pull off a shock is purely epidemic

i say roll on quarter finals if all goes to plan they have some tasty match ups
Last edited by jojo on 21 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Higgins vs McLeod will be the result that Higgins vs Davis should have been last year haha, an absolute mauling.

Did you watch the McLeod-Walden match? The guy is an absolute snake hiss take with the amount of time he takes, honest to God it was mindnumbing. He seems a cool guy, but the amount of time he was taking was just incredible.

Postby Alex0paul

jojo wrote:the only two second round matches that could go either way this year are carter v dott and trump v gould

the other six are stonewall certainties so discussing who going to win and pull off a shock is purely epidemic

i say roll on quarter finals if all goes to plan they have so tasty match ups

Epidemic? rofl

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:i make dott the fave from that section he has the pedegree and proven over distance.

yes hes not at his best yet but you get nothing for playing brilliant in round 1.

Yeh Dott is favourite, Carter second favourite, then Gould
then a big gap to ................ Fu, Robertson

then King
then Harold

then Mickey Mouse

then Barry Scott the cilit bang (bang, and the dirt is gone) guy

then colonel gadaffi's dead mum

then Trump

<ok>