Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 7 Discussion !!

Postby jojo

a lot of the second round matches this year arent all that appealing to me willims v cope and higgins v mcleod to name two these will be over very quickly what a waste to be be honest

ding v bingham also not appealing ding will win comfortably selby and allen should win their matches both with a few frames to spare

i already been explaining how i think the murphy ronnie game will go that will be a big let down despite the hype meaning the only two matches which are likely to be close are the trump v gould and dott v carter matches

personally i say roll on tuesday this years second round matches arent as hotly anticipated as previous years

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:I think barry could surprise some people and hs win over maguire will give him alot of belief

The same thing could be said about Allen.

stevens folded like a pack of cards barry seems to have toughended up mentally abit like carter a few years back

Postby Bourne

Ding needs to be wary of Bingham, yes he 's favourite but there are still the demons packed away in there somewhere and the level of expectation on him now with the draw like it is, it might just add a few more drops of pressure to his shoulders. But I think his talent is too good to let that get in the way now, it's a shame that some people won't give him the respect he deserves as a player just because of his record at the Crucible, because if he wins this title I think he'll widely be accepted shortly as one of the best players to have picked a cue, genuine.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:I think barry could surprise some people and hs win over maguire will give him alot of belief

The same thing could be said about Allen.

stevens folded like a pack of cards barry seems to have toughended up mentally abit like carter a few years back

True, but I think that big win will extremely boost Allen up and let him rediscover his form again and on top form he's well ahead of Hawkins, in fact he's now a serious threat to Williams.

Postby jojo

footygirl ronnie took out ronnie in that match

bingham didnt look assured he needed a few good chances in each frame when ronnie started bashing the balls about it was just a matter of how many chances bingham needed to finally secure the frames

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Ding needs to be wary of Bingham, yes he 's favourite but there are still the demons packed away in there somewhere and the level of expectation on him now with the draw like it is, it might just add a few more drops of pressure to his shoulders. But I think his talent is too good to let that get in the way now, it's a shame that some people won't give him the respect he deserves as a player just because of his record at the Crucible, because if he wins this title I think he'll widely be accepted shortly as one of the best players to have picked a cue, genuine.

Two good sessions, 10-6 or so, and Ding won't have a problem closing it out. For a supposedly mentally weak player, he does get over the line, impressively or not.

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:shame last session of dotty match is on same time as ronnie match

2 crackers

Final session is always better than a first session. Hopefully Dott won't need a final session though.

Postby footygirl

jojo wrote:footygirl ronnie took out ronnie in that match

bingham didnt look assured he needed a few good chances in each frame when ronnie started bashing the balls about it was just a matter of how many chances bingham needed to finally secure the frames

Bingham still needed to pot the balls to win - yes Ronnie made loads of mistakes in that match - but Bingham still had to capitalise on them.

And he destroyed Marco Fu in the following round

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:
GJ wrote:shame last session of dotty match is on same time as ronnie match

2 crackers

Final session is always better than a first session. Hopefully Dott won't need a final session though.

i will watch dotty match final session

Postby Alex0paul

Carter wasn't really tested in the first round and pretty much lived off of Harold's misses. Dott on the other hand was tested when King played 3 great frames to get back to 7-6 yet Dott was able to play away again.

I am tense about this match as I have a lot of respect for Carter in the way he managed to turn around his initial sub standard career.

Postby footygirl

Tubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:Ding needs to be wary of Bingham, yes he 's favourite but there are still the demons packed away in there somewhere and the level of expectation on him now with the draw like it is, it might just add a few more drops of pressure to his shoulders. But I think his talent is too good to let that get in the way now, it's a shame that some people won't give him the respect he deserves as a player just because of his record at the Crucible, because if he wins this title I think he'll widely be accepted shortly as one of the best players to have picked a cue, genuine.

Two good sessions, 10-6 or so, and Ding won't have a problem closing it out. For a supposedly mentally weak player, he does get over the line, impressively or not.

But he has yet to get past the second round in Sheffield. And it can play on the mind. I wouldn't count Bingham out of this one

Postby GJ

footygirl wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

But he has yet to get past the second round in Sheffield. And it can play on the mind. I wouldn't count Bingham out of this one

when did TSF FB make the quarters at the worlds ?

both in same boat :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

footygirl wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

I would, to be honest. Ding might be nervous, but he's playing over 25 frames against someone he is vastly superior to.

Postby footygirl

GJ wrote:
footygirl wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

Those letters are banned here :emb:

Postby Wildey

footygirl wrote:
GJ wrote:
footygirl wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Two good sessions, 10-6 or so, and Ding won't have a problem closing it out. For a supposedly mentally weak player, he does get over the line, impressively or not.

Those letters are banned here :emb:

<laugh>