Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 6 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

Day 6 and a 1pm start when the best of 25 second round gets under way with Mark Williams vs Jamie Cope and the Full Last 16 will be completed.

also Judd Trump starts out against Martin Gould Could just be a Entertaining Pot Fest.

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Thursday 21st of April

1pm

Mark Selby 8-1 Jimmy Robertson conclusion
Mark Williams v Jamie Cope

7pm

Judd Trump v Martin Gould
John Higgins 6-3 Stephen Lee conclusion

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 6 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:buck off with your day six thread you clown we still on day five show some respect you clueless idiot ha

once the final ball down day 5 is history in sport you always look ahead :win: <ok>

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:My money is on Gould being GJ's next avatsr

Trump will win then <laugh>

Christ, the way things are going with his avatars we may have McLeod in the final

im going to ask him to get a selby avatar for the second round ;-) <laugh>

Postby jojo

tomorrow the two remaining first round matches i expect to be over pretty quickly selby to finish off robertson who look like a fish out of sea and higgins to complete his win over lee i was going to say something else but would have got into trouble ha

as for the second round matches im pleased in a way gould has come through as this give trump a better chance to reach the quarters everyone got their eye on trump he can be the player of the tournament and marketing gold for hearn if he has a good run in this event

trump doesnt like initiating safety but from the bits i see in china he can compete tactically and a test against fu in a three session match which trump has never experienced before would have been a real test for him and the match would have been 5o 5o

that why it will be better for him to face gould who goes for his shots is himself a fluent player and likes an open table i can see trump winning that match but try not to read too much into that match as it will be played on trumps terms so we wont learn too much about him

the other second round match no point commenting on it cope what a let down williams back to what he was like in the late nineties early 2000s i can see him opening up a 7-1 lead tomorrow it wont be a good advert for snooker because it will be a one man show cope just hasnt got the allround game or temperament to threaten williams over a best of twentyfive frame match

shame really because when he came onto the scene he was spoken of highly however he really has been a big let down so far in his career not necessarily the results he been having but the manner in which he plays especially when things not going his own way

Postby wheelsofsteel

SnookerFan wrote:How do people see the Gould vs Trump match going?

Gould leading 12-8 before Trump makes a dramatic comeback, winning 13-12, but is denied the world title by Ding who for the second year takes the title abroad, and the tabloids ask the question 'will we ever see the world title in this country again?'

Right, now you know what's going to happen, see you on Tuesday 3 May

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How do people see the Gould vs Trump match going?

Gould leading 12-8 before Trump makes a dramatic comeback, winning 13-12, but is denied the world title by Ding who for the second year takes the title abroad, and the tabloids ask the question 'will we ever see the world title in this country again?'

Right, now you know what's going to happen, see you on Tuesday 3 May

Wow, that's more in-depth then I expected.

Postby Froggle

Aw, no snooker in the morning? WHY THE HELL DID I WAKE UP SO EARLY THEN.

C'mon Selby, finish him off. Shouldn't be that hard. Can't really see him losing.

Can't see Higgins losing either, Lee's just not good enough for him.

Really looking forward to the Gould vs Trump match, that should be entertaining to watch.

Postby PLtheRef

Bourne wrote:Bring it home Judd <ok>

How do you think he'll play the match tonight? What was interesting is that he didnt look at preserving the lead against Robertson, in effect playing the match as best of nine and best of ten, same in China - what it means is if he can win the first two sessions 5-3 then he's going to be 10-6 up going into Saturday.

The only thing that I wonder whether would work against Judd is that Martin's played best of 25 frames before, Judd hasnt, and whether or not Judd being 6-2 or 7-1 up tonight (not that I expect it) could prove a deceiving experience, Dott once said that to be 6-2 up in a BO25 match is deceiving because it gives you the impression you're almost there then you're still seven away.

Postby Bourne

PLtheRef wrote:
Bourne wrote:Bring it home Judd <ok>

How do you think he'll play the match tonight? What was interesting is that he didnt look at preserving the lead against Robertson, in effect playing the match as best of nine and best of ten, same in China - what it means is if he can win the first two sessions 5-3 then he's going to be 10-6 up going into Saturday.

The only thing that I wonder whether would work against Judd is that Martin's played best of 25 frames before, Judd hasnt, and whether or not Judd being 6-2 or 7-1 up tonight (not that I expect it) could prove a deceiving experience, Dott once said that to be 6-2 up in a BO25 match is deceiving because it gives you the impression you're almost there then you're still seven away.

My biggest doubt is that Judd might have lost a bit of his edge having not played a match for what will be 5 days, whereas Gouldy's just coming into this match with the momentum of a 7-2 session win against Fu yesterday and from being dead and buried, he's flying high mentally now. I agree it is a new thing for Judd in BO25 but how many times have we talked about Judd being in unchartered territories in the last 3 weeks only for him to stand up and be counted ? I would take 5-3 tonight definitely, it's a lead but a small enough lead not to take any sort of cockiness from if you see what I mean, and the first session might be the hardest for him to take away a bit of that ringrust.

Postby Caledonian Craig

Judd Trump will prove too strong for Martin Gould I reckon. As for the other Second Round match getting underway Mark Williams to win 13-6 or 13-7. The remaining First Round matches look done and dusted already with Selby set to seal an emphatic winnwhilst John Higgins is in firm control at 6-3 against Stephen Lee.