Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 5 Discussion !!

Postby Roland

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing how Higgins and Selby play, they're the last of the big contenders that have yet to show their hand.

I think we all know how they'll play.

The contenders and there are no more (but this is enough):

Ding
Trump
Selby
Williams
Higgins
O'Sullivan

3 from each half of the draw. I think Murphy v O'Sullivan will be good but Ronnie will be too determined not to lose to Shaun. Saying that, Shaun will not shy away as he proved in taking the shitclock crown from Ronnie last season so that is the round 2 match I'm personally looking forward to most. Really honestly don't care who wins that one.

Believe me Trump is no contender id back Hendry before him at the moment yes hes making strides and i expect him in the next 2 to 3 years to make a move but not this year.

:weeds:

pmsl

I need an ostrich head in the sand smiley

Postby Tubberlad

I'd go along with that list of contenders, though I'd give Fu and Dott an outside chance. How do you think an O'Sullivan-Higgins quarter-final would measure up should it happen? That really is my dream tie for this tournament, I'm really pumped for the tournament this year.

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:I'd go along with that list of contenders, though I'd give Fu and Dott an outside chance. How do you think an O'Sullivan-Higgins quarter-final would measure up should it happen? That really is my dream tie for this tournament, I'm really pumped for the tournament this year.

tbh I can't believe people's confidence in O'Sullivan after one match where he could easily have been 3-2 down and momentum against him, now he's favourite despite having to play Murphy/Higgins/Williams to merely reach a final ... Higgins will crush him.

Postby Roland

O'Sullivan v Higgins would be classic. In fact that's the quarter really. What I hope for is Murphy beating both then losing to Williams in the semi.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I'd go along with that list of contenders, though I'd give Fu and Dott an outside chance. How do you think an O'Sullivan-Higgins quarter-final would measure up should it happen? That really is my dream tie for this tournament, I'm really pumped for the tournament this year.

tbh I can't believe people's confidence in O'Sullivan after one match where he could easily have been 3-2 down and momentum against him, now he's favourite despite having to play Murphy/Higgins/Williams to merely reach a final ... Higgins will crush him.

I don't think he will make the quarter-finals, I think Murphy's going to beat him to be honest. I didn't read a huge amount into the Dale game because Dale left him loads of chances, but he has a win under his belt and he played well. Murphy will be a far stiffer test, and in all honest will be too much in my opinion.

However, Sonny seems to think he'll make the quarter-finals, so why not ask how he'd measure up against Higgins :hatoff:

Postby Roland

Listen, Murphy is one of those players that Ronnie gets himself up for because he hates him. Much the same as Selby. When Ronnie plays these two he really REALLY wants to beat them. If you play Ronnie and he really wants to beat you because he doesn't like you, he will.

I'm looking forward to Ronnie v Murphy A LOT!!!!!

Postby Tubberlad

My contenders would be Selby, Higgins, Williams & Trump. Next in line would be Ding, Murphy and maybe O'Sullivan, but he has plenty to prove.

Aye Sonny, this is what the Crucible offers that no other tournament can. Three days of snooker between two top class players that don't like each other very much. I'm buzzing <ok>

Postby jojo

hopefully the fat bastard doesnt let that happen i dont want higgins ruining this event like he did the uk watching him win even a frame when we all know he should be shacked up with the likes of quinten hann and silvino fransisco makes my blood boil

if the higgins ronnie quarter final does happen then let me tell you something pal i will turn into a fanatical ronnie fanboy for that match i will hussy the whole forum down like wild when he doesnt have things his own way there will be no escaping it for the fairy headed higgins is innocent brigade ha

in fact my blood is boiling right now im so pumped up for this i always had a soft spot for the fat bastard im sure he wont let me and the sanity of snooker down ha

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

the only difference between O'Sullivan and Trump is been there done that 3 times before i make him a outsider still despite that Dale rout

Postby Rocket_ron

jojo wrote:hopefully the fat bastard doesnt let that happen i dont want higgins ruining this event like he did the uk watching him win even a frame when we all know he should be shacked up with the likes of quinten hann and silvino fransisco makes my blood boil

if the higgins ronnie quarter final does happen then let me tell you something pal i will turn into a fanatical ronnie fanboy for that match i will hussy the whole forum down like wild when he doesnt have things his own way there will be no escaping it for the fairy headed higgins is innocent brigade ha

in fact my blood is boiling right now im so pumped up for this i always had a soft spot for the fat bastard im sure he wont let me and the sanity of snooker down ha

:win:

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:My contenders would be Selby, Higgins, Williams & Trump. Next in line would be Ding, Murphy and maybe O'Sullivan, but he has plenty to prove.

Aye Sonny, this is what the Crucible offers that no other tournament can. Three days of snooker between two top class players that don't like each other very much. I'm buzzing <ok>

mate people are stil hyping trump up to a level hes never got before now your guilty of it.

unbelievable <doh>

Postby Tubberlad

jojo wrote:hopefully the fat bastard doesnt let that happen i dont want higgins ruining this event like he did the uk watching him win even a frame when we all know he should be shacked up with the likes of quinten hann and silvino fransisco makes my blood boil

I've prided myself on being a non-fanatical fan of Ronnie, but I'll tell you what JoJo, if they met in the quarter-finals I would be unbearable :chuckle:

Postby Alex0paul

I would say anyone left in the tournament bar Robertson, Lee, Cope, Bingham, Walden, Mcleod, Gould and probably Trump because of experience can realistically win it.

If Hendry can somehow beat Selby I think he can still win it.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:My contenders would be Selby, Higgins, Williams & Trump. Next in line would be Ding, Murphy and maybe O'Sullivan, but he has plenty to prove.

mate people are stil hyping trump up to a level hes never got before now your guilty of it.

unbelievable <doh>

I can't believe YOU think Hendry is more of a contender <laugh>

Postby jojo

o sullivan will beat murphy that almost a stone wall certainty

o sullivan hates murphy and will be so pumped up and focused for that match murphy will play one way ie ronnie at his own game thinking he can out pot him and out score him rarely will he play a safety shot when theres a small chance of a pot and ronnie will show him how its done properly

ive seen it all before o sullivan wont lose to murphy in a three session match murphy hasnt got the game for it forget the shitty rubbish clock events and the overhyping of the bbc pundits

Postby Tubberlad

Well I don't particularly like Murphy myself :chuckle: but I accept he brings a lot to the game. His game is very easy on the eye, personally I love watching Shaun Murphy play this game, he's a fantastic player. I'm not so sure he'll roll over to O'Sullivan, he's a very determined fellow, and I think he'll make the next round.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

unbelievable <doh>

hes done it before and got the t shirt Trumps never played a 3 session match in his life....

there's talk of players running out of steam i expect Trump to long before the final.

Postby DavieMac

Dont see Murphy beating Ronnie either tbh. Think he'll win by 4/5 frames. If he faces Higgins in the quarters thats where i think he'll come unstuck.

Go Higgins you perfectly innocent man. *ducks for cover*

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

unbelievable <doh>

hes done it before and got the t shirt Trumps never played a 3 session match in his life....

there's talk of players running out of steam i expect Trump to long before the final.

He may be inexperienced, but I'd say youth may give him a bit of energy. Fu would be a much tougher cookie than Gould mind you, that will be a great test of Trump I admit, but he's playing as well as anybody besides maybe John Higgins right now. It's about hitting form for two weeks and holding your nerve... I don't think that's beyond him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Murphy game plays exactly into Ronnies hands. His game isn't tactical, all he will try is to pot Ronnie off the table, but you can't do that. I think Ronnie lost to Murphy only once in his career, the 2009 Premier League final.

I'm very optimistic. Ronnie will crack this nut with superior safety play.

Postby Bourne

Trump was inexperienced in a R16 match, a QF match, a SF match, a final and a Worlds R1 ... get the picture ? :zzz: There's no substitute for form and confidence and quite simply, Trump is #1 in both categories at the moment.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Trump was inexperienced in a R16 match, a QF match, a SF match, a final and a Worlds R1 ... get the picture ? :zzz: There's no substitute for form and confidence and quite simply, Trump is #1 in both categories at the moment.

My point exactly. Shaun Murphy was equally inexperienced in 2005, but he found two weeks where he played hotter than a pistol... Trump is quality, so why not?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:hopefully the fat bar steward doesnt let that happen i dont want higgins ruining this event like he did the uk watching him win even a frame when we all know he should be shacked up with the likes of quinten hann and silvino fransisco makes my blood boil

in fact my blood is boiling right now im so pumped up for this i always had a soft spot for the fat bar steward im sure he wont let me and the sanity of snooker down ha

Jojo what would you do if Higgins wins the World Title? And when having to hear all the praises by Davis, Parrott ... that he's the best player of all time? And hearing Higgins say that it's so good to be back after all he has been through?

Postby jojo

im not joking it not good to joke about things like this but i would end up in a nut house with a break down i can see it happening if the parakeet wins this thing

him winning the uk was a living nightmare this will tip me over the edge as much as i hate to admit it
Last edited by jojo on 20 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
jojo wrote:hopefully the fat bar steward doesnt let that happen i dont want higgins ruining this event like he did the uk watching him win even a frame when we all know he should be shacked up with the likes of quinten hann and silvino fransisco makes my blood boil

in fact my blood is boiling right now im so pumped up for this i always had a soft spot for the fat bar steward im sure he wont let me and the sanity of snooker down ha

Jojo what would you do if Higgins wins the World Title? And when having to hear all the praises by Davis, Parrott ... that he's the best player of all time? And hearing Higgins say that it's so good to be back after all he has been through?

It's mainly the fawning over John Higgins that gets me. When I heard Steve Davis say 'John Higgins is the best player there's ever been' I had to reach for a sick bucket.

Ronnie O'Sullivan (3) + John Higgins (3) = 6

Stephen Hendry (7) = 7

Postby jojo

steve davis is an idiot at times he so short sighted one minute he say hendry is the best ever then ronnie then higgins

in a clip a few years ago he said and i quote him even though jimmy white is a marvellous marvellous snooker player and ronnie o sullivan is a fantastic talent id put the only genius ive ever seen on the snooker table in the hands of alex higgins yet then he comes out with stuff like ronnie is the biggest genius in sport the man changes his mind more times than buck knows what i wouldnt take what he says too seriously

great great snooker player but he talks out his bottom and as for hazel irvine im not even going to bother commenting on her