Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 4 Discussion !!

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:3-1 up. Marco sounds like he's got the bit between his teeth. Is he playing well?

Very well. 4 frames gone 4 frames with breaks over 70. and a 90 odd clearance. 93% pot success.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:3-1 up. Marco sounds like he's got the bit between his teeth. Is he playing well?

Very well. 4 frames gone 4 frames with breaks over 70. and a 90 odd clearance. 93% pot success.

And here I am at work, like a sucker. :grrr:

Postby Bourne

Here's one, I might be biased here but i've definitely noticed this this season but is there anyone better at playing blacks off spot off tight on the side cushion than Trump ? He plays them so confidently, never see him miss.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Marco is desperate to get his PL place again

hahaha

that would be something FU 3rd year on the spin by becoming WC

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:Here's one, I might be biased here but i've definitely noticed this this season but is there anyone better at playing blacks off spot off tight on the side cushion than Trump ? He plays them so confidently, never see him miss.

To be fair you have probably only seen him play 6 times this season

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:Here's one, I might be biased here but i've definitely noticed this this season but is there anyone better at playing blacks off spot off tight on the side cushion than Trump ? He plays them so confidently, never see him miss.

Not just this season

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:

rofl

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

Not just this season

Well you did not see him at all last season

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

Not just this season

Premier League <doh>

Anyway Fu in now and not really missing until he gets up to the 80s <doh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

Not just this season

Premier League <doh>

as i said you did not see him at all last season in credible pressure matches :-)

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Not just this season

Premier League <doh>

as i said you did not see him at all last season in credible pressure matches :-)

What's that got to do with anything you brainless oaf ?

Postby Roland

As for my Crucible experience it was very memorable indeed. I had a fantastic time. Sunday was Ding in the morning, then a few very entertaining games of pool with Witz, Casey and Smart (see photos on twitter) and Witz in Alex Higgins mode is highly entertaining.

Then back to the Crucible for a few frames, I admit Hendry v Perry session 1 didn't get the juices flowing so at the mid session I joined Smart and Witz for a few beers at the bar (with the snooker clearly visible so we always knew the scores) and a highly entertaining afternoon with Joe Jogia giving us tips on the horses and a lot of passers by coming down and joining us for a chat such as Monique, Prosnookerblogger Matt, Sarah Mount and Janie Watkins.

And then after a bite to eat I had tickets for Carter v Harold. I'm sorry but at 8-1 I don't care if I miss the rest. On the other table it's 6-3 to Williams so what I figured was that big Dave would make Carter work for it a bit and by the time the match was over Williams would be on 9 so why bother when I was having such a good time? Anyway, I had tickets for the next day.

It's all a bit of a blur but we ended up in the Graduate pub playing pool for money all night. Casey cleaned up! Smart with plenty of beers turned into his forum character and was determined to lose more money at pool so we duely obliged. Martin Gould was sitting nearby and I chatted to him and he says he never saw the interview but agreed to another one (a proper one this time). And then Smart said to me "come here, you're gonna love this" and lead me to Mark Williams who was having a couple of drinks with his mates so naturally being snake hissed up I was a bit of a fanboy declaring him my favourite player of all time. :emb:

He said I could interview him so I have contact details for that. And then Dave Harold came in with his entourage and he's a really top bloke who also agreed to an interview. Meanwhile there was Statman and PSB Matt playing pool on the next table and Statman was goading Smart when he was playing me which was very funny.

Anyway, next day for your information wild I missed 2 frames. I watched the first couple of frames in the Maguire match but felt so ropey I had to find a chemist for some paracetamol. So I found a Superdrug, got some Resolve then headed to Crucible corner to take the medicine and have a coffee and watch the snooker on the big screen. I sat with Statman with the sun blazing and we both declared "This is the life" as some beautiful local ladies walked past (as always happens when the sun shines).

Then I went back in for the last 5 frames of the Maguire match. Afterwards I bumped into Paul Mount who gave me a ticket for the evening session (I initially meant to go home after the afternoon session). Then I was in prime position for the Ronnie match sat directly behind the players. Ronnie really does attract the knobhead element of the snooker fans and they were out in force with comments like "Good shot Rocket" and clapping everything he potted. I mean calling him "Rocket"? idiots!

I felt sorry for Dale because he didn't press home the advantage and then Ronnie stepped it up. I think they should have tv cameras from the crowds point of view because you see a lot of facial reactions from the players when they turn away from the cameras and opponent. Ronnie said something to the crowd after he missed the max and he was swearing a bit as well.

Anyway after the 8th frame I knew it would be 7-2 and Perry v Hendry was poised at 8-8 and there were a couple of front row seats for that match so I headed across and sat with Casey right at the front for the conclusion. I thought Perry's counter in the decider would've been the clearance of his life had he made it and I was gutted for him when Hendry won but respect to Hendry naturally.

Then after that match I went out for a bit of food and saw Willie Thorne walking towards me. I wasn't going to say anything but he clearly saw my t-shirt and then pretended to answer his phone and changed direction! rofl

Anyway, then I was back in for Hawkins and Maguire and had a great seat right at the back. At the start of the session Rory McLeod came in and watched a frame and I found my Shotmaster diagram of his Shootout black which I showed him and he studied it for a bit and then laughed and said "Yeah good wasn't it?!". He's a cool dude of a bloke, seems very laid back.

Paul Mount was going through the mill but he was so happy when Barry won. And fair play to him for what he's done for snooker. The pink waistcoats look great out there and I'm sure they will attract even more top players over the coming years.

Right, come on Gouldy lad.

Postby SnookerFan

Mate, Hendry vs Perry was one of the matches I was looking forward to the most in the first day. I was gutted to miss the final session.

Other then that, sounds like a good weekend Sonny. :spot on: Did you follow Witz's example and stick a condom on your head?

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Marco is desperate to get his PL place again

hahaha

that would be something FU 3rd year on the spin by becoming WC

I don't mind Fu. I don't get why everybody hates him being in the PL. I think he's cool.