Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 3 Discussion !!

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm going to do buck all work this week. I'm going to be sat in the office discussing snooker on the internet. No change there then. <laugh>

good man, dont forget to watch your idol - ronnie :stir:

bucking COME ON DALE! HAVE IT!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:back from Sheffield now so i might actually start to see some of the snooker haha

that is why there's empty seats at snooker tournaments people get tickets and buck about.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:back from Sheffield now so i might actually start to see some of the snooker haha

that is why there's empty seats at snooker tournaments people get tickets and buck about.

It's better then at Telford though, when people don't buy tickets and ignore the snooker being on.

Postby Wildey

just got back from a dental appointment but im here now :excite:

Ding Junhui got away with that frame now its 9-1.

and Hawkins 1-0 up hoping to win his first match in his 6th Crucible appearance.

Postby Bourne

Not going to get carried away with Ding's win here, it was similarly easy against Pettman last year but he suffered from being so untested in R2 against Murphy. This time he's got a much easier second-round match and will definitely be favourite but will be entering unchartered territory.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:It'd be nice to see Burnett take the 11th frame. Seems pointless putting on a waistcoat and bow-tie if you're only going to be out there for an hour.

rofl

what a reason to win a frame :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Ding definitly needs to improve to be a contender Williams looks superb yesterday but things can change

on debut Hawkins won 1 frame against Doherty hes already won 2 today Mags 0-2 Hawkins

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

if they let people in with drink it would make a massive difference.

from standing around the bookies and bar area i always notice that during the morning and early afternoon most people are in watching snooker and im on my todd almost but then late afternoon more people start to want to hit the drink so mingle around the bar / bookies and by around 9pm onwards theres almost more out than in the snooker.

dont see what harm there is in letting people in with drink so long as there only supping away and being sensible <doh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

as i said to the others at the weekend who agreed with me the Crucible trip for me is about this

25% of the attraction is watching the snooker in the arena
25% of the attraction is mingling around the bar and bookies area of the Crucible
25% of the attraction is kicking about Tudor Square drinking, soaking up the sun, perving, watching the big screen etc
25% of the attraction is the night out

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

if they let people in with drink it would make a massive difference.

from standing around the bookies and bar area i always notice that during the morning and early afternoon most people are in watching snooker and im on my todd almost but then late afternoon more people start to want to hit the drink so mingle around the bar / bookies and by around 9pm onwards theres almost more out than in the snooker.

dont see what harm there is in letting people in with drink so long as there only supping away and being sensible <doh>

british people sensible with drink ....

as if that will ever happen <ok>

Postby Wildey

TBH Witz i dont know whats the obsession with drink anyway you can drink anywhere 365 days a year and you making fuss about drinking in the crucible :?

does crucible drink taste different :chin: