Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 3 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:I think 5-4 would have been fair today but Perry lacked a clinical edge in the first session and let Hendry off the hook too often. Can't see Perry getting in front again in the match but he could make it a bit sweaty.

break-building wise Hendry deserved a 6-3 lead

2 centuries and another 4 breaks over 50 so that part of his game is improving thank intercourse but your right that only tells half the story.

It was 2011 version Hendry in a nutshell wasn't it, half superb old Hendo, half missing 7/10 pots by a mile (some he wasn't even bucking jawing) :irk: Surely one of these days he's going to put all the good things into one match and blow a good player away

last season in particular there was one match he was knocking long balls in off the lampshades best hes potted long balls for a long time he got in and missed anything that wasn't straight from close in :grrr: :grrr:

Postby Bourne

JP said in commentary he's missing them all by miles when he's trying to do something with the cueball like imparting side or run through or stun etc, but plainball he was floating them into the centre of the pockets with absolute ease.

Postby jojo

hendry should win from here i only say up to 3-2 and then right at the end when hendry secured a 6-3 lead the commentator think it was willie thorne said hendry had a criminal run of the balls in the last frame and a half and made a fluke at the start of frame nine

from what i saw hendry didnt do much wrong when close in but his long game was awful missing by miles and as usual he not got a back up game just tries to pot everything without thinking of the consequences or maybe he does but doesnt know what to do

Postby Tubberlad

Did you see any of the Trump game Witz? I was interested to note your 'next Peoples Champion' comment, because I certainly think he's going to take over from Ronnie as the game's biggest draw

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:Did you see any of the Trump game Witz? I was interested to note your 'next Peoples Champion' comment, because I certainly think he's going to take over from Ronnie as the game's biggest draw

saw the first 2 frames, the 12 th frame and the last 2 frames.

yeh the crowd were def right behind him and numerous passionate shout outs for him whenever Robbo missed (not all made by me i hasten to add rofl ) show he has public appeal and support, and at the end it was reminiscent to me of the way the crowd all rose in unison when Davis beat Higgins. In a similar way the crowd were virtually all behind Trump and he made a few good gestures to the crowd at the end which helped make me think now hes got the China Open win under his belt, he can now begin to push on properly whilst playing a slightly maverick style of play which the public like, as well as the vulnerability he still has, perhaps youthful naivety style which is a trait of all previous Peoples Champions before him. The shackles have been removed and Haircut 100 is heading for big things.

Postby Tubberlad

It's really been a fantastic few weeks with Trump blasting onto the scene, even Wild has been full of praise for the way he has done things of late. I just watched a video of his press conference, and his reaction when he heard Robertson had said he can't see him win it but can see him making the semi-finals is quality <laugh>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

If Gould makes the second round and somehow repeats his performance from last year then I'd say he would beat Trump as the only that stopped him last time was nerves. Either way I'm glad it on towards the weekend and not in the middle of the week, could be match of the tournament.

Postby Roland

Hendry will be Selby's lovely lady for the second year running. Trunp and ding arethe.onlg ones.ti atop sebys.mobile phone txt.sahs.forrget.frammar and sprlli.g

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:If Gould makes the second round and somehow repeats his performance from last year then I'd say he would beat Trump as the only that stopped him last time was nerves. Either way I'm glad it on towards the weekend and not in the middle of the week, could be match of the tournament.

Trump will beat either man, but I'd rather see Martin Gould. He'll play better, and it'll be a difficult game for him. If Fu gets through, Trump could go into the match blindfolded, and lose his right arm in a car accident and still win.

Postby Caledonian Craig

Hendry is doing as well as can be expected for someone blighted by the yips as he has been for many years. Certain shots are his downfall (long range pots with side or screw on the cueball) but towards the end of the session at least his long range pot success improved from just over 40% to 65% and overall pot success was very good at around 91%.

As for today's matches Ding to win 10-2 and Steven Maguire to lead 6-3 in the morning. In the afternoon Hendry to beat Joe Perry 10-6 and O'Sullivan to lead Dominic Dale 5-4. In the evening Peter Ebdon to lead 5-4 against Stuart Bingham and Steven Maguire to beat Barry Hawkins 10-5.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:back from Sheffield now so i might actually start to see some of the snooker haha

Why do you even bother buying tickets? rofl

youd better ask Sonny and Stalin the same, they saw one frame of the Hendry match before opting for hitting the bar too :bowdown: rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:youd better ask Sonny and Stalin the same, they saw one frame of the Hendry match before opting for hitting the bar too :bowdown: rofl

A quote by Sonny on the Snooker Island mission statement.

"My name is Roland and I love snooker. I mean I really love snooker!"

<doh> <laugh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:youd better ask Sonny and Stalin the same, they saw one frame of the Hendry match before opting for hitting the bar too :bowdown: rofl

A quote by Sonny on the Snooker Island mission statement.

"My name is Roland and I love snooker. I mean I really love snooker!"

<doh> <laugh>

A couple of quotes by Sonny yesterday

"Ive no interest in watching this Hendry match" :bowdown:

"I cant see us watching much snooker tonight either" <ok>

good to see others who appreciate the Crucible trip for the overall experience rather than just being a snooker nerd <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
A couple of quotes by Sonny yesterday

"Ive no interest in watching this Hendry match" :bowdown:

"I cant see us watching much snooker tonight either" <ok>

good to see others who appreciate the Crucible trip for the overall experience rather than just being a snooker nerd <laugh>

How the hell can you not want to watch Stephen Hendry at The Crucible? :shock:

That aside, I take your point. The atmosphere in Sheffield is second to none. You don't get any of that in Wembley. So, it's good to chat to people about snooker over a pint or three. And to meet the players. I'm just one of the sad-acts you usually have to drag screaming and kicking out of the matches though. rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:Did you see any of the Trump game Witz? I was interested to note your 'next Peoples Champion' comment, because I certainly think he's going to take over from Ronnie as the game's biggest draw

no doubt, i have coined him as the "new ronnie" much to seifers disgust <laugh>

But in all honesty Trump has it all bar experience and that is something every player has to gain

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

saw the first 2 frames, the 12 th frame and the last 2 frames.

yeh the crowd were def right behind him and numerous passionate shout outs for him whenever Robbo missed (not all made by me i hasten to add rofl ) show he has public appeal and support, and at the end it was reminiscent to me of the way the crowd all rose in unison when Davis beat Higgins. In a similar way the crowd were virtually all behind Trump and he made a few good gestures to the crowd at the end which helped make me think now hes got the China Open win under his belt, he can now begin to push on properly whilst playing a slightly maverick style of play which the public like, as well as the vulnerability he still has, perhaps youthful naivety style which is a trait of all previous Peoples Champions before him. The shackles have been removed and Haircut 100 is heading for big things.

I hope the lad does well but i disagree for all china matches he could see himself as underdog and agianst robbo he would see himself as that .

Now he will be favourite agianst fu or gould so to say the shackles are removed is wrong IMO as this is where the pressure and expectation from all his fans will be on him.

Good luck to the lad

PS

Witz it didnt do your idol white much good having the whole crowd cheering for him but trump has better bottle

ha ha

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:

But in all honesty Trump has it all bar experience and that is something every player has to gain

Let's bloody hope he's not the next Ronnie. The last thing we need is Trump walking out matches and telling the whole of China about his sausage.

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

Let's bloody hope he's not the next Ronnie. The last thing we need is Trump walking out matches and telling the whole of China about his sausage.

lol SFan

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Judd is the first Judd Trump, not the next anyone <ok>

Yeah. I hate all this 'new Ronnie O'Sullivan' talk. I hate anybody being compared to previous players. It's especially annoying when you think Ronnie is still playing. <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

The thing with Judd is that he's the 'baby' of the tournament, the youngest player and thus like Davis last year being the 'Father' of the tournament, is going to get a fair bit of support. It will be interesting to see how he makes the transition from 19 to 25 frames, given he's never played that length a match professionally before.

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Judd is the first Judd Trump, not the next anyone <ok>

Yeah. I hate all this 'new Ronnie O'Sullivan' talk. I hate anybody being compared to previous players. It's especially annoying when you think Ronnie is still playing. <laugh>

well i can see your annoyance. i mean like ronnie in terms of flair and talent and aroma around the table.. thats it i hope he isnt like ronnie in any other way god forbid