Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 3 Discussion !!

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:TBH Witz i dont know whats the obsession with drink anyway you can drink anywhere 365 days a year and you making fuss about drinking in the crucible :?

does crucible drink taste different :chin:

well the pints of Yellow stuff that Stalin and Jogia were on yday certainly tasted different :dizzy:

i find watching snooker live not as good as watching on the tv to be honest but if you were at least allowed to drink then it would make it easier to watch more frames than i and others have watched whilst down there.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
dont see what harm there is in letting people in with drink so long as there only supping away and being sensible <doh>

Says the man whole drunkenly Pole Danced with a condom on his head. rofl

his obsession with drink tells me hes on the verge of a drink problem.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:TBH Witz i dont know whats the obsession with drink anyway you can drink anywhere 365 days a year and you making fuss about drinking in the crucible :?

does crucible drink taste different :chin:

well the pints of Yellow stuff that Stalin and Jogia were on yday certainly tasted different :dizzy:

i find watching snooker live not as good as watching on the tv to be honest but if you were at least allowed to drink then it would make it easier to watch more frames than i and others have watched whilst down there.

ok joking aside

if the bar was only open at certain times to get drink fine but if people can nip out at will to get another and another and another then its a no no

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:25% of the attraction is watching the snooker in the arena
25% of the attraction is mingling around the bar and bookies area of the Crucible
25% of the attraction is kicking about Tudor Square drinking, soaking up the sun, perving, watching the big screen etc
25% of the attraction is the night out

My ratio is more like this.

60% watching of the snooker.
15% meeting of the players and getting autographs.
15% hanging round in the hotel bar after matches, discussing snookery things.
10% everything else Crucibley Snookerey Atmospherey stuff.

I don't really like the bar at The Crucible. The beer is expensive, tastes like snake hiss and you have 40 seats, with 100 people trying to sit there.

Postby Caledonian Craig

Steven Maguire in big trouble now. His problem is that he is a form type of player and not really a scrapper and he needs to scrap if he wants to get out of this match as the winner. By that I mean he excels when everything is going for him but gets wreckless and pushes the boat out if things aren't going so well instead of digging in and grinding out frame wins.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:i find watching snooker live not as good as watching on the tv to be honest but if you were at least allowed to drink then it would make it easier to watch more frames than i and others have watched whilst down there.

This is where me and you differ. I drink a lot myself, almost to the point of having a problem. But live snooker is one of the few times I don't feel the need to drink, as I find live snooker so intoxicating and addictive it replaces alcohol. And though I love a drink, especially if done after the matches with other snooker fans, being there live negates the point. When I have drank beer before matches, I just sit there needing a snake hiss, but not wanting to miss any of the snooker. Live snooker is a million times better then TV. And you know how much I like watching it on TV.

I live next door to the pub, and am on speaking terms with the staff and the local drunks, so I can go and get snake hissed any time I want. I don't see the point in buying tickets, and travelling just to sit and watch it in the pub when I can do that at home. (And do on many an occasion.)

Postby Wildey

i understand what witz saying im now lying on a bed with the TV on very comfy......lets be honest sitting on thoes seats are ass numbing but having said that if i lived next door to the crucible with plenty of cash id be there every day, drifting in and out of the arena all day.

my point is when we see empty seats on TV it doesn't give the whole story some people are out all over Sheffield getting snake hissed despite purchasing tickets.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:i understand what witz saying im now lying on a bed with the TV on very comfy......lets be honest sitting on thoes seats are ass numbing but having said that if i lived next door to the crucible with plenty of cash id be there every day, drifting in and out of the arena all day.

my point is when we see empty seats on TV it doesn't give the whole story some people are out all over Sheffield getting snake hissed despite purchasing tickets.

bullocks. I've never had a feeling as good as being in the live auditorium, watching snooker. That feeling is better then any high I've received doing anything else. If I can find a women that makes me feel half of that, I'd marry her. (And be very surprised.)

For me watching live snooker, in the arena is the ultimate thrill. And that just increases if you go to the little dream factory in Sheffield. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

I was thinking of watching the end of Maguire vs Hawkins over Ebdon vs Bingham later. Sounds like there might not be much of it. Is there any change Mags might turn this around? By what people are saying, he's getting comprehensively outplayed.

Postby jojo

i still give maguire a chance if he no worse than 6-3 going into tonight

hawkins is nothing special she only feeding off the maguire mistakes maguire got much more in his armoury so if he cuts out these silly errors theres only going to be one winner

hes made it 4-1 now so hes won his first frame

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:25% of the attraction is watching the snooker in the arena
25% of the attraction is mingling around the bar and bookies area of the Crucible
25% of the attraction is kicking about Tudor Square drinking, soaking up the sun, perving, watching the big screen etc
25% of the attraction is the night out

My ratio is more like this.

60% watching of the snooker.
15% meeting of the players and getting autographs.
15% hanging round in the hotel bar after matches, discussing snookery things.
10% everything else Crucibley Snookerey Atmospherey stuff.

I don't really like the bar at The Crucible. The beer is expensive, tastes like snake hiss and you have 40 seats, with 100 people trying to sit there.

there more of your type than my type at the Crucible but i bet my type have far more laughs and memorable stories from the trip <laugh>

tho we probably spend a shitload more cash than you snooker "nerds" do <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
there more of your type than my type at the Crucible but i bet my type have far more laughs and memorable stories from the trip <laugh>

tho we probably spend a shitload more cash than you snooker "nerds" do <doh>

I have spent copius amounts of money on nights out before. And on the last night of Crucible, if I can, I get intoxicated and talk about snooker in the bar with people. So, it's not like I'm getting all mineral water and early nights.

I just am a sad-act. I can't walk away from watching snooker, I can't. Especially when it's live in the arena. It's bad enough I sometimes have to go to work when the snooker is on.