Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 2 Discussion !!

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:in a disapointing display Cope beats Pagett 10-7 and in the other match Ding in the middle of a rout 8-1 against burnett

This Afternoon

Hendry having a walk over against Perry and Murphy needing 1 frame for a 10-0 Result against Campbell

Do you really see the Hendry match as that much of an bottom kicking? I think Hendry will win, but it's not going to be another 10-1. I can see the first session being quite tight.

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:hahaha i saw smart with andre the giant

Was Smart with him? <laugh> Did he threaten to beat him up?

actually they looked more like :love:

Andre obviously didn't have the audacity to sit directly in front of Smart. ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Black2white wrote:actually they looked more like :love:

Andre obviously didn't have the audacity to sit directly in front of Smart. ;-)

yep :blush: as the only chance of that was to sit in Cope's chair

Does Hair Bair usually stay all week? Any chance I might see him at the final?

Postby nice_shoes_ken

What a scrappy ending to the Cope and Pagett match, still entertaining though. Ding Junhui demolished Pettman last year and has done the same to Burnett, but in the later rounds he seems to crumble would like to see him win it though.

Hendry and Perry, if Joe finds some form he could test Stephen today while Murphy and Campbell will probably only last one hour.

Postby jojo

wild i think perry will beat hendry it wont be a classic in terms of quality i just think perry will make fewer mistakes hendry tends to push the boat out too much with his limited game and these days as hes not the potter and breakbuilder he once was he has nothing to fall back on

hes due a crucible defeat in the first round after escaping quite a few times in the last few years and honest joe is no mug

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:in a disapointing display Cope beats Pagett 10-7 and in the other match Ding in the middle of a rout 8-1 against burnett

This Afternoon

Hendry having a walk over against Perry and Murphy needing 1 frame for a 10-0 Result against Campbell

Do you really see the Hendry match as that much of an bottom kicking? I think Hendry will win, but it's not going to be another 10-1. I can see the first session being quite tight.

its bravado lol

hendry so inconsistent predicting a rout is foolish but hes beaten players to 0 this season more often than in the last 10 years so his best form is better than for a few years but he can also play pretty rubbish.

Postby Wildey

Black2white wrote:this season Hendry comes to the worlds with a bit more confidence after beating Stevens in China and Perry in Wales plus Joe has been pretty dire the last couple of seasons
so I expect a 10-5ish to Hendry with the 1st session going 6-3 :farmer:

yes overall hes played a tad better away from the crucible than in previous years.

Postby jojo

well i said a few reasons why perry was going to win this match was because he will make fewer mistakes than hendry who will always push the boat out as he cant play any other way and that frame was a classic example

hendry missed about three or four pots pushing the boat out when safety was a better option and perry made fewer mistakes capatilised when in

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:HE'S A GENTLEMAN! HE'S JOE PERRY! :D

Not as good as his original nickname of "Set 'em Up, Joe Perry"

That has to be possibly the worst nickname ever.