Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 2 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

its funny how hendry has a few run of the balls hes having all the running rofl

yes hes had a few run of the balls so has joe its not relentless running <doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:its funny how hendry has a few run of the balls hes having all the running rofl

yes hes had a few run of the balls so has joe its not relentless running <doh>

:zzz:

i do feel sometimes people does need some snooker education on here <ok>

Postby Wildey

What a top break god its frustrating being a fan of this guy these days.

if he can cue like that consistently hes a threat to anyone but he just cues across so many balls out of nowhere.

Postby Bourne

Hendry these days goes in and out of form from great to pathetic in the course of one match more than any other player on tour today, just baffling because a really competitive game is still there.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Hendry these days goes in and out of form from great to pathetic in the course of one match more than any other player on tour today, just baffling because a really competitive game is still there.

thats why i lose my rag sometimes if he was a crap player on the slide i can accept that but his best form is still up there

Postby SnookerFan

I don't know who I want to win this. I like both players. I don't want to see Hendry drop out of the top 16, but I quite like Joe Perry. (I was going to say I like a it of Gentleman action, but thought it could be misinterpreted.)

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Hendry these days goes in and out of form from great to pathetic in the course of one match more than any other player on tour today, just baffling because a really competitive game is still there.

thats why i lose my rag sometimes if he was a crap player on the slide i can accept that but his best form is still up there

Sometimes?

Postby SnookerFan

From the BBC Website;

Dominic Dale is confident of beating Ronnie O'Sullivan in the first round of the World Snooker Championship.

Welshman Dale, ranked 32 in the world, takes on O'Sullivan who has slipped to 10th in the standings.

"It's going to tough but I'm playing Ronnie at a good time. He hasn't done a lot the last six months," said Dale.

"If I play at my best I really do feel I can beat him. Like with any top play you have got to put them under pressure."

Dale qualified for the Championship final stages for the first time since 2004 when he beat England's Michael Holt 10-6.

Although the first round matches are played over the best of 19 frames Dale, one of five Welsh players in the first round, hopes to catch the three-times world champion cold.

"I need to start well. If I can hold my own with him for the first four games - 2-2 at the interval - [and] I'll be looking to press ahead from then," insisted the 39-year-old.

"The one great thing is that the atmosphere at the Crucible for that match is going to be absolutely sensational.

"It's the biggest venue we play at with the best atmosphere. It's the biggest competition and to play the biggest name or one of the most charismatic characters in the game today, who draws the biggest crowds, is something I'm really looking forward to."

Of the other Welshmen involved in the first round Dale believes 28-year-old Blackwood player Andrew Pagett has a good chance of getting through to the last 16.

"He has actually got a reasonable draw in Jamie Cope because he plays the same style of smoker Andrew does. They are both attacking players who don't like to play too much safety," said Dale.

One of the more intriguing first round match-ups involves Welsh duo Mark Williams and Ryan Day.

And Dale believes Williams would have been expecting an easier draw.

"Ryan is playing pretty much near his best the last few months after having a couple of really bad seasons.

"I don't think Mark is going to be looking to that draw at all. Because Mark knows only too well, as we all do, that Ryan on form is a match for anybody. The thing about Ryan is he can pot balls from anywhere.

"As a seeded player Mark is going to think he could have had a lot easier draw than that."