Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 2 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

So its day 2 at the crucible and the defending World Champion Neil Robertson hasn't survived to see it.

Today there's 4 Matches to be completed with Stephen Hendry and Ding Junhui Starting out.

Snooker Island The No 1 Discussion forum is the place to be <ok>

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Sunday 17th of April

10am

Ding Junhui v Jamie Burnett
Jamie Cope 5-4 Andrew Pagett

2.30pm

Stephen Hendry v Joe Perry
Shaun Murphy 9-0 Marcus Campbell

7pm

Ali Carter 8-1 Dave Harold
Mark Williams 6-3 Ryan Day

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 2 Discussion !!

Postby Bourne

How can day two possibly live up to day one ? I duno but i'm looking forward to see how they try :D Ding in morning matches doesn't convince me 100% so I can see a scrappy session there, anything 4-5 or better would be fine. Hendo/GL and MJW/Day will be getting a nice open Crucible theatre to themselves after about half an hour :redneck:

Postby Roland

Gould v Fu part 2 will be a good match. But obviously the tie of the round was always going to be Trump v Robbo. Two top players meeting in round 1 doesn't happen that often.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Gould v Fu part 2 will be a good match. But obviously the tie of the round was always going to be Trump v Robbo. Two top players meeting in round 1 doesn't happen that often.

Felt a bit sorry for Robbo because he (top 16) was playing a player ranked in the top 16 first round which probably hasn't ever happened before (I may be wrong?) ... but world champions should react to that challenge and relish it, and I really don't think Robbo ever fancied it right from the off <ok>

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Come on Ding, Pagett, Hendry and Williams for tomorrow, seems Murphy and Carter are all but through to the 2nd round now. Pagett dress sense though is flaming vile, nearly burst out laughing when he came through the curtains, but he played very well on his debut hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

Postby PLtheRef

Sonny wrote:Gould v Fu part 2 will be a good match. But obviously the tie of the round was always going to be Trump v Robbo. Two top players meeting in round 1 doesn't happen that often.

Will happen more often now the rankings are revised each tournament, even if the seedings arent.

Postby SnookerFan

Actually, I really enjoyed Cope vs Pagett. Back and forth session, and didn't watch any session of Robertson vs Trump. I intend to watch the end of this lovely little mage, and am hoping Pagett doesn't get his head down at 5-4, and wins a few more frames.

Campbell won't beat Murphy, so will watch the start of Hendry vs Perry. I actually think that might be a good match. Then the end of Mark Williams vs Ryan Day will be super. Though Williams will see him off handily.

Postby Wildey

Gould v Fu part 2 might be a good match but it wont be played on day 2 thats for another thread another day lol

Postby jojo

where is gj he not posted since robertson lost i dont think

if you picking this up pal i know it must be a difficult time for you but i did say robertson will lose because hell be under more pressure and judd will be fying and that the way it proved to be

so come on here and acknowldge that you was wrong and i was right and youve got another sixteen days of the snooker feast to look forward to and your idol is already out

ha
Last edited by jojo on 16 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

Gould v Fu part 2 might be a good match but it wont be played on day 2 thats for another thread another day lol

Yeah, Sonny. What the buck is the matter with you?

Postby Roland

:shrug:

I was just making the point that the seed is the favourite in most other matches so don't expect today's sort of excitement until later into the event. There are a lot of tasty second round ties, particularly in the bottom half

Postby Roland

Right then, off to bed and can't wait for tomorrow. Look out for the t-shirts but I guess you'll need HD for that and there's not a great schedule tomorrow until the evening session by which point I'll probably be on a session of my own :D

Postby jojo

in the morning obviously cope v the other guy is goig to be pretty tasty as cope is only 5-4 up and i cant really see anything other than a ding lead in the other match mimimum 5-4

afternoon should be tasty hendry v perry ive gone for perry hendry needs to win to have a chance of getting back into the top sixteen cant really see it to be honest over the last few years hendrys escaped a few first round defeats

definitely not going to be a high quality match there will be a lot of misses however i think honest joe will make the fewer mistakes and wilds fanboyism going to take over ha

the other afternoon match murphy will complete the whitewash i feel

as for the evening matches carter should polish off harold another useless predictable first round waste of a match however hopefully incest can make a better fist of things against williams i expect williams to win i just hope he doesnt run away with it otherwise tomorrow evening session the snooker could be finished by 8pm even though i wont be here for the evening session ha

Postby PLtheRef

Williams and Day should reach beyond the interval, 10-4 or 5, I'd be surprised to see Mark run riot to 10-3, especially how Ryan hauled himself back.

Murphy to complete the first whitewash since 92'

Carter to win 10-2 or 3

Ding to go 6-3 up

Cope to win 10-6 or 10-7

and Perry to lead 5-4 overnight

Postby jojo

what a plank this seifer one is on 606 he the one saying you should ban flukes what a idiot i forgot to mention it earlier on during the robertson match when he fluked that red to stay in the match someone put a link up to 606 and i read the bit about seifer saying saying flukes should be banned in professional snooker

holy rubbish id like him to come on here then i can tell him where to shove his views the man needs some sense knocked into him obviously never been near a snooker table in his life going on about banning flukes and what not

does he not understand in all sports you will have elements of luck anyway ? what he suggest for football when the player scores an own goal ban the player who set up the own goal ? or the referee that made the wrong decision ban him aswell ? or in tennis when the ball hit the top of the net and falls over the other side wrong footing the opponent does that point get played again ? or in golf when the man tees off and it hit a tree or something and the ball lands safe what play that shot again because it wasnt an accurate one but ended up ok ?

what a silly one he is is he the one who briefly came on here in december as carrot ? i remember the name from somewhere that he banned from here

well no wonder coming out with idiocy like that id like to shove these banned flukes up his bottom ha

Postby Tubberlad

Who fancies a Trump-Higgins final? I reckon it's on the cards now, I think Trump should make it through his quarter at least... <ok>

Hard luck Neil Robertson, beaten by a man who is soaring right now. His temprament, especially after the outrageous fluke, was hugely impressive.

Postby jojo

i just hope fat bastard sends higgins packing i really dont want him to spoil this tournament aswell like he did the uk we all know he should have been banned for that and this tournament too so if fat bastard beats him on thursday and he get knocked out early like he did in the masters against dott i wont need to go on about him as he wont be here like he shouldnt have been in the first place ha

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Martin Gould will beat Trump 13-12, after Trump leads 12-5 ;-)

Will be watching Ding tomorrow, Pagett looked very good today but cannot watch him while in that silly outfit. Williams v Day I reckon could be like a Robbo v Trump score, it has all the makings of a nailbiting end as Ryan did well to claw two frames back this afternoon or now yesterday afternoon. Can't wait for that match, and Junhui is on my list as players to support this year.

Postby jojo

i dont mind incest but cant really see him coming back from 6-3 against williams who really is back in the big time and will be challenging for every major honour in the near future

players like him are very rare and a mark williams at his best of the current bunch only a ronnie with his head screwed on and that parakeet from wishaw can live with him

i know fat bastard beat him in china when he made four tons and a couple of sixty breaks aswell but that was n an early round in a less prestigous match and a short format and it was a bit of a freak match to be honest im just hoping incest makes a go of it and it doesnt finish early as i want to come back and watch some action tomorrow night as the other match carter will finish off harold before 8pm

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

jojo wrote:what a plank this seifer one is on 606 he the one saying you should ban flukes what a fathead i forgot to mention it earlier on during the robertson match when he fluked that red to stay in the match someone put a link up to 606 and i read the bit about seifer saying saying flukes should be banned in professional snooker

Yeah well the 606 crowd describe this site as " Muppet Island " which gives you taste of the mentality on 606 . Worst poster there was " KeeleyHazell " who also had several different user names who dedeicated their whole sad pitiful life saying " Ronnie is the greatest plyer in the history of the game becuse .... "

Anyway good first day though I think the first round might be an anti-climax due to the superb Robertson-Trump battle . What impressed me most was Trump's temprement where nothing seemed to bother him at all . For the first time in his career he's lived up to the hype

I expect Hendry to open up a slim lead on Perry and unfortunately I expect Murphy to equal history with a ten nil whitewash . I've got the sad feeling tht Murphy might be the man to beat this year . Well anything is better than John Higgins winning I guess

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:Who fancies a Trump-Higgins final? I reckon it's on the cards now, I think Trump should make it through his quarter at least... <ok>

Hard luck Neil Robertson, beaten by a man who is soaring right now. His temprament, especially after the outrageous fluke, was hugely impressive.

Bit hard to say after day 1, but with the form he's in, and the draw he is, I'd say it would be a disappointment if Trump didn't get to the final. Something that would have been inconceivable 6 weeks ago.

Postby SnookerFan

I understand that Robertson is World Champion, and t hat Trump played awesomely in winning China, so we had a World Champion vs China Open Champion match. But I think to say it's the only tasty looking first round match is a complete falsehood.

John Higgins vs Stephen Lee looks incredibly tasty. As did Williams vs Day, which was a bit of a letdown though. (Williams just looked too strong for him.) Ronnie vs Dale is unpredictable due to Ronnie's form, and this is Dale's best chance to beat him, though there's still a chance Ronnie will turn up and blitz him. And as for Cope vs Pagett, I watched that rather then the first session of Robertson vs Trump, and found it a surprising treat. It was a very entertaining first session.

I don't understand this almost disappointed feeling. It's day 2 of The Crucible, and we're whinging that one match is over. :roll:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Who fancies a Trump-Higgins final? I reckon it's on the cards now, I think Trump should make it through his quarter at least... <ok>

Bit hard to say after day 1, but with the form he's in, and the draw he is, I'd say it would be a disappointment if Trump didn't get to the final. Something that would have been inconceivable 6 weeks ago.

Whatever happens it's going to be an exciting run, that's the thing with Judd no matter what result win or lose, it's never going to be boring <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Whatever happens it's going to be an exciting run, that's the thing with Judd no matter what result win or lose, it's never going to be boring <ok>

I'll give you that. All his matches in China, and yesterday, were tense. Mainly due to his ability to play the shot of the match, followed by something an amateur wouldn't do. rofl