Topic locked

Re: Crucible pictures and videos

Postby Roland

Monique takes official photos of Ronnie and Ricky Walden and also would you not bother going to the Crucible and watching all the action if you could? They are not "all the same pictures again" and being a photographer means just that - taking lots of photographs. If you stop, you miss the one you wish you'd taken.

Postby likelylad

I watch all the action, and pay for my tickets. Not getting phoney accreditations, i witness at The Crucible. I am not talking about Dave Hendon and Phil Yates of course who are true journalists.

Postby Monique

I'm the one providing the pictures for the WPBSA website for this tournament. The pictures might look similar from one tournament to another but there are a few constraints. Sponsors like to see their names and logos in them. The WPBSA site is built in such way that the pictures should be landscape for most of them with the player on the left side, or center at the limit.
I have been taking the pictures in every session, every press conference and recording them in addition. And put the lot on Facebook, this place, ROS Ricky's site regularly along the days. I have no time to make selections so I just upload the lot. People want to see the pictures while it happens, not in a week.

You're tired of them. Fine. Don't look at them. That simple.

Postby Roland

I'm sure there are some phoney accreditations but Monique is not one of them. She pays out of her own pocket and dedicates a lot of her time to going to snooker events and take photos for various publishers and websites including ours. Just think it's a bit disrespectful to ask what the point is. :shrug:

Postby jojo

i might not always get along with monique when it come to debating about ronnie but only an idiot would not appreciate the good work she doing for everyone keep up the good work pal

Postby Monique

We have a new media officer here. He's ambidextrous. Operating the computer with one hand and his iphone with the other. No kidding!

Postby zawtowers

Cracking stuff there Monique, as always.

How hot does it gets in the photographers' booths then? I know in various parts of the Crucible this week it's been rather warm to say the least.

Note David from Australia is in the pic of Hawkins and Allen's handshake at the end - he apparently has a season ticket for every session. Might be worth a shot of him at some point as an uber-fan?