Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 1 Discussion !!

Postby SnookerFan

nice_shoes_ken wrote:My Saturday will hopefully go to plan, 6.30 wake up horrible feeling, a taxi at 7.15 catch train at 7.55 and hopefully arrive at about 9.15 in Sheffield. Have a picture with Hairbear and Ryan 147 <laugh> watch Robertson v Trump walk around for a bit then come home for the end of Williams v Day, then Robbo v Trump to a finish, happy days :D

I've never actually spoken to Hairbear, though it's hard not to see him walking around. What's he actually like? Everybody who has met him talks him up a lot?

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:The excitement has really hit me today. Just watching some classic matches.

Next few days is all about seeing friends, partners and family members one last time before The Crucible starts. Those not interested in snooker will be second fiddle for your attention in the next few weeks.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:The excitement has really hit me today. Just watching some classic matches.

Next few days is all about seeing friends, partners and family members one last time before The Crucible starts. Those not interested in snooker will be second fiddle for your attention in the next few weeks.

Im pretty lucky that my mum and gran love snooker so i'll some human contact.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Im pretty lucky that my mum and gran love snooker so i'll some human contact.

Yeah, I will too. My parents like it, to the extent that they can sit through it. <laugh> I've got a couple of mates interested in it, but I'm at the age where all my friends have kids. So watching with mates sometimes involves listening to crying, and playing with toys whilst the game is on. <laugh>

With my time off, I plan to seperate my time watching it with friends and family, watching it in the local pub with whatever group of drunks decide to turn up, and having some slobby alone time with junk food and snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Whoever hasn't seen this 5 players to watch...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/snooker/13041426.stm

Just read that earlier. Good stuff. I didn't realise that Pagett was the player who had his name forgotten by the MC at the six-red World Championship. rofl It'll make it a good story if he wins the match.

Postby SnookerFan

I've got to sort myself out with booze and snacks for my mate to come round tomorrow. As this will involve me buying myself some cans of beer, and them some bacardi (also I'll need to get some 2ltr bottles of cola for mixing the bacardi with, as well as general consumption.)

I might have to stagger this, as I can't carry loads of beer, and 2ltr bottles of drink at once. On the way home I have to stop in Sainsburys, so I might pick up the beer then. And maybe the snacks. (As well as tonight dinner.) After dinner, I could then pop out for the bacardi and the cola based beverages. Or I could wait until tomorrow morning. But last time I tried to do an early morning shop, they didn't allow me to buy beer because it was 5 minutes before 9am, and they didn't serve alcohol until 9am. :grrr:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I've got to sort myself out with booze and snacks for my mate to come round tomorrow. As this will involve me buying myself some cans of beer, and them some bacardi (also I'll need to get some 2ltr bottles of cola for mixing the bacardi with, as well as general consumption.)

I might have to stagger this, as I can't carry loads of beer, and 2ltr bottles of drink at once. On the way home I have to stop in Sainsburys, so I might pick up the beer then. And maybe the snacks. (As well as tonight dinner.) After dinner, I could then pop out for the bacardi and the cola based beverages. Or I could wait until tomorrow morning. But last time I tried to do an early morning shop, they didn't allow me to buy beer because it was 5 minutes before 9am, and they didn't serve alcohol until 9am. :grrr:

why not steal a supermarket trolley :win: :wave:

Postby Smart

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Looks like the Crucible carpet will be red this year by Jan Verhaas twitter picture, for anybody interested know someone made a thread about it but I cba to find it.

Not long to go now, until a 6.15 wake up :-(

is it a thin pile or a thick shag pile :win: :wave:

Postby Wildey

just so that we all know as if anyone needs reminding but i bet some tit will ask whos playing tomorrow well before a tit asks here it is <ok>

Saturday 16th of April

10am

Neil Robertson v Judd Trump
Jamie Cope v Andrew Pagett

2.30pm

Allister Carter v Dave Harold
Mark Williams v Ryan Day

7pm

Shaun Murphy v Marcus Campbell

Postby vodkadiet

Wild wrote:just so that we all know as if anyone needs reminding but i bet some tit will ask whos playing tomorrow well before a tit asks here it is <ok>

Saturday 16th of April

10am

2.30pm

Mark Williams v Ryan Day

7pm

Murphy and Campbell will have the arena to themselves from about 8pm so I wonder if that will work in Murphy's favour?

Postby Smart

vodkadiet wrote:
Wild wrote:just so that we all know as if anyone needs reminding but i bet some tit will ask whos playing tomorrow well before a tit asks here it is <ok>

Saturday 16th of April

10am

2.30pm

Mark Williams v Ryan Day

7pm

Murphy and Campbell will have the arena to themselves from about 8pm so I wonder if that will work in Murphy's favour?

:zzz:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Murphy and Campbell will have the arena to themselves from about 8pm so I wonder if that will work in Murphy's favour?

See guys, now there's a Judd hatah!

:D :excite:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:So, if I watch the Cope match tomorrow, will I lose a lot of respect? <laugh>

You have to question why they scheduled it for tomorrow AM, aside the biggest R1 match we've ever seen ... surely there was another window the Cope match could have squeezed into ? :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, if I watch the Cope match tomorrow, will I lose a lot of respect? <laugh>

You have to question why they scheduled it for tomorrow AM, aside the biggest R1 match we've ever seen ... surely there was another window the Cope match could have squeezed into ? :shrug:

Though, if I go with my full match plan, I miss the Ding first session, and Hendry vs Perry first session.

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:It'll now be a big scalp for Neil if he beat me," Trump told the BBC Sport.

<laugh> rofl

Judd is spot on in fairness, it won't be long before he's ahead of Robbo in the rankings and well, progression-wise at 21 there's absolutely no contest. So Judd winning tomorrow is just a taster of things to come :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Robbo has beaten proper legends of the game a few times each , hendo , john higgins and steve davis so i hardly think beating trump will be seen as a big scalp for robbo

Nice try at mind games though juddy boy <laugh> rofl