Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 1 Discussion !!

Postby PLtheRef

footygirl wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:
Wild wrote:murphy got a chance for 9-0

9-0, the first 9-0 session since 1993. The way Murphy's playing I think he'll wrap it up 10-0

Which would make it the first round 1 whitewash at Sheffield - we have had a few 10-1's never a 10-0

Nope, John Parrott beat Eddie Charlton 10-0 in 1992.

I feel sorry for Marcus though, he can play a lot better and he and Shaun both know it. He looked very tired tonight, and though Shaun was as professional as you can be, and thoroughly deserves to be 9-0 in front its a shame to see a player work hard, and then struggle here.

Postby SnookerFan

What a win for Judd. It has to be said, that he kept his nerve again towards the end, and now has a relatively straightforward next two games, whoever gets through. The first round was his hardest game.

In the form Judd is in, I find it impossible to believe he won't get to the semis. Easily.

Postby vodkadiet

The Cueist wrote:
footygirl wrote:
Bourne wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Robbo was so bad I wonder if he might be feeling under the weather. He certainly looked ill. Either that or a potential match fixing scandal.

Having said that, the intellectual Bristol Rag Doll played well by his limited standards. :-D

Murphy was a class apart from anything else on show this evening.

Murphy <cool>

Would you like some more cheese with that whine ? :spot on:

Or how about a saucer of milk

He doesnt need milk because he is a TIT and a bad loser. ;-)

Tough Titties,TIT. rofl rofl rofl

Not true. I said the Bristol Rag Doll deserved his win.

Bristol Rag Doll :hatoff:

By the way, who is that ugly chavvy hussy in your avatar, your wife maybe?!! :ahh:
Last edited by vodkadiet on 16 Apr 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:What a win for Judd. It has to be said, that he kept his nerve again towards the end, and now has a relatively straightforward next two games, whoever gets through. The first round was his hardest game.

In the form Judd is in, I find it impossible to believe he won't get to the semis. Easily.

I was going to say the same thing, Martin Gould or Marco Fu, both very good players but both you would say more beatable than Neil Robertson, and look what happened there, - Judd outplayed him, and probably lost some frames he should have won to boot - that said Neil will be back, you dont reach the last four two years in a row if you cant play the game.

Moving to a quarter-final against Dott or Carter, again Judd in this form is a tough prospect to face.

However, Judd has not played a best of 25 frame match at the Crucible, and that will be interesting to see how it pans out, if he plays them as three Best of 9s as he seemed to do here He could get through them both.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I watched the whole Robertson - Trump match.

What a match and what an performance from Judd. For me he represents a "new hungry" Robertson. Robertson clearly stopped putting in the necessary work all season, while the new kid on the block worked his socks off. Neil was at the climax and is clearly no Hendry or Davis who would do everything they can to win it all over again. Robertson will come back, but this season got worse with every day, he will have to work really hard again.

To all the people who thought Robbo was a realistic contender should get a reality check, because the same people will probably also see the world champion 2011 as an contender next year, but no, he won't. You can't defend the world title nowadays.

To Judd Trump: a great talent turned it up and is on his way to become the leading snooker star. Young (I mean really young, not the Neil Robertson young), fresh and brilliant to watch. Reminds a bit of Ronnie.

I wouldn't mind seeing him taking the world title this year, even tough it's unlikely. We will see. I'm excited for Trump and I'm excited for snooker.