Topic locked

Re: Smart's takeaway rota!

Postby SnookerFan

Here is my problem. I have Good Friday - The end of the snooker tournament off work. And had plan to eat, drink, visit friends et al all to the back drop of some hardcore snooker watching. Now, I had told my mum I would see her one day for breakfast, or lunch. Probably on the Thursday, as there was no 10:00am session on...

What's the problem, I hear you cry. Buy your mum a drink, and you'll both get free bangers and and mash. Good plan, but this is my local. You get me? The people in here know me, and as soon as I walk in several drunken cheers and shouts of 'Hey, how the buck are you?" And this is 24/7 as there is plenty of locals in there, that pretty much live there 24/7. Going in there at lunchtime on a Thursday won't escape the swearing, nor will it escape the stories about how we all went out on a pub crawl once, and got barred from a pub up the road. I don't want to subject my mum to this stuff, obviously. I don't want to miss out on a free lunch either....

So, do I go out with my mum to lunch on a day when there is snooker on? Or do I talk my mum into coming round to mine on a different day, preparing some kind of a meal (to be delivered from a local takeaway) and eating at the table, with the snooker in the backgroud?

The second one seems most advantageous, as I could stay in the pub all afternoon, and ask them to put the snooker on. :mosh2:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Friday 22nd April, DonerKebab, loads of onion, loads of red cabbage, chilli sauce

Doner Kebabs are rank. You really do disappoint me. Order a pizza, or a curry or something man, bucking hell.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Here is my problem. I have Good Friday - The end of the snooker tournament off work. And had plan to eat, drink, visit friends et al all to the back drop of some hardcore snooker watching. Now, I had told my mum I would see her one day for breakfast, or lunch. Probably on the Thursday, as there was no 10:00am session on...

What's the problem, I hear you cry. Buy your mum a drink, and you'll both get free bangers and and mash. Good plan, but this is my local. You get me? The people in here know me, and as soon as I walk in several drunken cheers and shouts of 'Hey, how the buck are you?" And this is 24/7 as there is plenty of locals in there, that pretty much live there 24/7. Going in there at lunchtime on a Thursday won't escape the swearing, nor will it escape the stories about how we all went out on a pub crawl once, and got barred from a pub up the road. I don't want to subject my mum to this stuff, obviously. I don't want to miss out on a free lunch either....

So, do I go out with my mum to lunch on a day when there is snooker on? Or do I talk my mum into coming round to mine on a different day, preparing some kind of a meal (to be delivered from a local takeaway) and eating at the table, with the snooker in the backgroud?

The second one seems most advantageous, as I could stay in the pub all afternoon, and ask them to put the snooker on. :mosh2:

You obviously like this pub, and like your cred to remain in tact. I would avoid taking the mum to this place. Why not meet up for an all day breakfast somewhere mutually acceptable, then back to your flat, show her what you have or have not done with the place.

:-)

ps mash sucks (prison food) :no:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Here is my problem. I have Good Friday - The end of the snooker tournament off work. And had plan to eat, drink, visit friends et al all to the back drop of some hardcore snooker watching. Now, I had told my mum I would see her one day for breakfast, or lunch. Probably on the Thursday, as there was no 10:00am session on...

You obviously like this pub, and like your cred to remain in tact. I would avoid taking the mum to this place. Why not meet up for an all day breakfast somewhere mutually acceptable, then back to your flat, show her what you have or have not done with the place.

It's nowt to do with cred, son. Anybody who has ever met me knows that I don't care buck about that, and at times have gone out of my way to look stupid, just so I don't have creditability.

But, despite all my living at home moaning, I care about my mum too much to have people swearing at her and going; "This guy is a bucking drunk, you know. Aaaah." However true it is. <laugh> It'd only upset her.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Friday 22nd April, DonerKebab, loads of onion, loads of red cabbage, chilli sauce

Doner Kebabs are rank. You really do disappoint me. Order a pizza, or a curry or something man, bucking hell.

Your missing a vital point here. I like variety in my take-aways when having them on consecutive days. Kebabs have their place in my agenda, and when done well they are very well received. My tip with kebabs is make sure you watch the guys cut the "meat" in front of you and that its not last nights cut meat just heated up. I have had that before and been very ill. BUT still went back for more a few weeks later,,,,,,,,,crazy innit rofl rofl rofl

Postby jojo

i like kebab and chips with salad chips has to be soft with salt and mayonaise and a fizzy can of coke but the only problem is i have to pick it up as they dont deliver but they good these turks they know me really well and always make the chips exactly how i like it soft and mushy

i like the quarter pounder aswell with cheese they also make these top quality i tend to eat a lot of kebab and chips when the snooker is on my girlfriend lets me as she says i never put on any weight ha

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

It's nowt to do with cred, son. Anybody who has ever met me knows that I don't care buck about that, and at times have gone out of my way to look stupid, just so I don't have creditability.

But, despite all my living at home moaning, I care about my mum too much to have people swearing at her and going; "This guy is a bucking drunk, you know. Aaaah." However true it is. <laugh> It'd only upset her.

well I would not take my mum in a pub that she would feel in anyway uncomfortable..................be it the people, the location or whatever. You are better ordering a pizza then. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
well I would not take my mum in a pub that she would feel in anyway uncomfortable..................be it the people, the location or whatever. You are better ordering a pizza then. :-)

She responded well when I had fish and chips deliverd to the flat on our opening night here. (You read that well.) :bowdown:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

She responded well when I had fish and chips deliverd to the flat on our opening night here. (You read that well.) :bowdown:

<ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Your missing a vital point here. I like variety in my take-aways when having them on consecutive days. Kebabs have their place in my agenda, and when done well they are very well received. My tip with kebabs is make sure you watch the guys cut the "meat" in front of you and that its not last nights cut meat just heated up. I have had that before and been very ill. BUT still went back for more a few weeks later,,,,,,,,,crazy innit rofl rofl rofl

I've missed the point in nothing. You don't seem to realise that if I took a crap, wanked in it and put it in a burger bun, it would taste better then a donner kebab. It doesn't have a place anywhere, outside of the nearest bin. :bird:

Postby Alex0paul

This thread really makes me hungry

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Got 18 cans of Stella from ASDA, £14............thats cheap for Stella. :-D :hatoff:

Not getting my beer supply in to nearer the time, or it'll be drunk before I get to work.

On an update. I've noticed there is no morning play on Bank Holiday Monday. So I can take my mum out for brunch at a local cafe that day, and be back to watch snooker. I can also then make the free Bangers and Mash on Thursday, and maybe even dwindle in the afternoon, if they agree to put snooker on the telly in there. :dinner: :guinness: :beer:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Got 18 cans of Stella from ASDA, £14............thats cheap for Stella. :-D :hatoff:

Not getting my beer supply in to nearer the time, or it'll be drunk before I get to work.

On an update. I've noticed there is no morning play on Bank Holiday Monday. So I can take my mum out for brunch at a local cafe that day, and be back to watch snooker. I can also then make the free Bangers and Mash on Thursday, and maybe even dwindle in the afternoon, if they agree to put snooker on the telly in there. :dinner: :guinness: :beer:

I'm not really drinking beer until I come back from Sheff, thats when it really is snack time central. We had a breakfast for dinner today, really nice but a bit too filling. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'm not really drinking beer until I come back from Sheff, thats when it really is snack time central. We had a breakfast for dinner today, really nice but a bit too filling. :-)

I was at a party today, so just hangover food today.

Postby Roland

Is this national find a picture of a cat with a rubbish caption day or something?

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Is this national find a picture of a cat with a rubbish caption day or something?

<laugh>

I just think they're cute.