Who is going to win

Mark Allen
53%
Matthew Stevens
47%

Total votes : 15

Re: Mark Allen vs Matthew Stevens

Postby Bourne

Stevens. Allen having a really poor season and Stevens was arguably the second toughest draw he could have got, whenever he appears at the Crucible he tends to perform it was just that nervy qualifier that was so crucial for him and he won it. I think Stevens will go onto win it with some margin in the end.

Postby jojo

this a tasty one but i think stevens will win poor tubby little fat bastard suffering from depression i dont think snooker will be his main priority and will have an impact on how he performs against a fired up matthew stevens

stevens form of late has been good and he loves the longer format of the crucible and the way he came through qualifying just about edging through when it looked like he going out and now securing his top sixteen place all the pressure will be off him

in fact i think he at the very least will reach the quarter finals i can see him overcoming maguire in round two

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:this a tasty one but i think stevens will win poor tubby little fat bastard suffering from depression i dont think snooker will be his main priority and will have an impact on how he performs against a fired up matthew stevens

stevens form of late has been good and he loves the longer format of the crucible and the way he came through qualifying just about edging through when it looked like he going out and now securing his top sixteen place all the pressure will be off him

in fact i think he at the very least will reach the quarter finals i can see him overcoming maguire in round two

Allen has been more than impressive at the Crucible in recent years..............reaching semis, beating ROS, losing narrowly to Dotty. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I really surprised Allen is considered to be the outsider in this tie. He was in the SEMI finals of the two biggest tournaments of the season. He will make through to the next round at least.

Yeah, I'm surprised by such. Stevens has been playing well, and all, but we are making it sound like Mark Allen hasn't won a match all season. Whichever way it goes, I reckon it'll be a close one.

Postby jojo

allens form of late has been patchy whereas stevens has been a lot better recently and when you put together now stevens has his top sixteen place guaranteed and allen suffering from depression theres a strong chance stevens can win this one

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:allens form of late has been patchy whereas stevens has been a lot better recently and when you put together now stevens has his top sixteen place guaranteed and allen suffering from depression theres a strong chance stevens can win this one

:?

Postby Casey

The winner is to meet Maguire in the next round. Whilst his form has improved this season, both Matthew and Mark would fancy their chances.

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:The winner is to meet Maguire in the next round. Whilst his form has improved this season, both Matthew and Mark would fancy their chances.

Mags vs Allen......................two feisty players, could be some table slapping in that one.....BRING IT ON :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:The winner is to meet Maguire in the next round. Whilst his form has improved this season, both Matthew and Mark would fancy their chances.

Mags vs Allen......................two feisty players, could be some table slapping in that one.....BRING IT ON :hatoff:

:hatoff: :spot on:

Postby Wildey

although mags not hit any sort of hight this season he is 4th on the one year list so hes been consistant winner of matches.

Postby jojo

well if its clinical depression that can take a long time to overcome sometimes it take ages for the medication to kick in it not just medicaton thats the therapy im not sure when if indeed he was diagnosed with clinical depression when this was but the chances are he still is depressed

therefore all things considered as i been explaining before i expect stevens to win this one

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:

Sounds like a euphamism.

Postby wheelsofsteel

jojo wrote:well if its clinical depression that can take a long time to overcome sometimes it take ages for the medication to kick in it not just medicaton thats the therapy im not sure when if indeed he was diagnosed with clinical depression when this was but the chances are he still is depressed

therefore all things considered as i been explaining before i expect stevens to win this one

Who lost 5-0 to Hendry in China

Postby jojo

stevens did but look at his form prior to that hes secured his top sixteen place all the pressure taken off him and the manner in shich he qualified for the crucible when he was as good as out will make him relax more

stevens lost that match probably due to fatigue playing so much snooker at the time but it only one match all the same

he also has a good crucible record and is not exactly a has been he could still threaten in some tournaments

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:
jojo wrote:well if its clinical depression that can take a long time to overcome sometimes it take ages for the medication to kick in it not just medicaton thats the therapy im not sure when if indeed he was diagnosed with clinical depression when this was but the chances are he still is depressed

Who lost 5-0 to Hendry in China

That's what I don't get. Everyone is making out Allen has no chance. Mark Allen who got to the latter stages in Telford, and in Wembley vs a guy who just got whumped 5-0 by :gramp: Hendry. I know neither example give the full story, but they are both having good days and bad days.

Postby GJ

MY LAST FAV LEFT

COME ON STEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:MY LAST FAV LEFT

COME ON STEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hello there, Mr. Jinx. :wave:

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:MY LAST FAV LEFT

Hello there, Mr. Jinx. :wave:

yes like i jinxed robbo in last years worlds

:chin: :?

Postby Rocket_ron

I think if Matty stevens can get past allen tonight and tomorrow then he is dead cert quarter finals against williams, which i will be very happy about. roll on next tuesday