Topic locked

Funky Snooker World Championship

Postby simplysnooker

Anyone up for doing the World Championship on Funky Snooker, depending on demand each person gets x amount of players and arrange to do their sessions with whoever their opponent is.

Re: Funky Snooker World Championship

Postby PLtheRef

Rather than doing it based on the matches at the crucible, why dont we organise one ourselves - using the same format as far as we can

i.e. 8 teams, 19, 25, 33
16 teams, 19-25-33-35 etc.

Postby PLtheRef

simplysnooker wrote:So you mean we do our own draw instead of the one there is now?

Kind of, as in we play ourselves, as in I play you rather than us taking on different persona

Postby randam05

I have been playing it and its pretty fun! Although I think we should do one frame knock outs or best of three as a match would last forever playing it best of 19 or so!

Lets do this! COME ON ENTRANTS, I think youll enjoy it.

Postby PLtheRef

randam05 wrote:I have been playing it and its pretty fun! Although I think we should do one frame knock outs or best of three as a match would last forever playing it best of 19 or so!

Lets do this! COME ON ENTRANTS, I think youll enjoy it.

See how many want to do it, I reckon if we dont get 12 then it should be a Group stage?

Group Stage - Best of 5

Semis - Best of 9

Final - Best of 13 (6/7)

or we could do a network game on WCS?

Postby randam05

or we could do a network game on WCS?

What is that?

Have you played funky snooker? You set up an account and can do lobbies, invites, and high break thins and all that, its like a network.

See how many want to do it, I reckon if we dont get 12 then it should be a Group stage?

Group Stage - Best of 5

Semis - Best of 9

Final - Best of 13 (6/7)

I like that idea <ok> but at the moment it doesnt look like we will have many entrants. Also would need to see what simply says, its his idea! Im sures hes easy with how its ran though :)

Postby PLtheRef

Well if someone can tell me what we do then I'll have a go at some point tomorrow

Entries are

Randam
PL
SelbyFan
R_Ron
Alex0Paul
Jade
Simply

Giving us 7 - Either one group or two groups - anymore than that we can have two groups

Groups - Best of five frames

Semi-Finals Best of seven frames

Final Best of nine

time allowing

Postby PLtheRef

SelbyFan wrote:1 league of 3, 1 league of 4. top two progress

Thats the alternative, See what people think - it may take some people a bit of time to get used to the controls

if that happened I'd have the league of three play double round robin.

I've joined up using my SI username I guess the way it works out is that we challenge each other

Having BO5, 7 and 9 should mean we're done for April 16, if people are happy I'll get a schedule done up tonight/ tomorrow and games can start tuesday/wednesday