Topic locked

Re: Funky Snooker World Championship

Postby PLtheRef

SelbyFan wrote:Yes, so we play eachother twice>

As in the Group of three would, the Group of four would play once

Or to make it very interesting, and to get rid of 'dead matches' have a double elimination tournament
Last edited by PLtheRef on 03 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby randam05

Well, depends what game mode we play?

Original snooker would take forever to play a best of 7. Arcade or regular snooker would be okay.

PM simply, pltheref, it was his idea after all, and im sure he will be fine with it anyway.

And im happy with whatever. I won my first tournament on there the other night so I fancy my chances! :D

Postby PLtheRef

simplysnooker wrote:Hi everyone, when do we want to get this started?

I'm happy to draw up the matches if you want - what format do you want to use? Double elimination might be best - it'd certainly make things exciting

Postby randam05

So how you going to be doing this and when? Do we need to be ready on funkysnooker or will we get time to arrange and so on?

Im looking forward to this!

Postby PLtheRef

randam05 wrote:So how you going to be doing this and when? Do we need to be ready on funkysnooker or will we get time to arrange and so on?

Well the system is a knockout with a twist, - Double Elimination - using the bracket style on the link I showed.

Basically it means everyone gets 2 games at least, you lose one you go into the losers bracket, lose there and then you're out - winners of the two brackets meet in the final - however as the 'winners' bracket winner hasnt lost, the loser's bracket winner must beat him or her, twice to win the title.

Aim to get this done by the time the tournament starts. Draw coming up soon, I'm logged in to f.s if anyone wants a friendly game.

Postby PLtheRef

randam05 wrote:So how you going to be doing this and when? Do we need to be ready on funkysnooker or will we get time to arrange and so on?

and while your online, pick numbers 1-7 in a random order, then that'll be our draw.

Postby randam05

PLtheRef wrote:

and while your online, pick numbers 1-7 in a random order, then that'll be our draw.

And whats your name? im up for a game <ok> :)

Postby PLtheRef

'you jammy...' - Randam, you've just earnt yourself a first round bye

pltheref - I added you as a friend

Postby randam05

PLtheRef wrote:'you jammy...' - Randam, you've just earnt yourself a first round bye

woops sorry!

How do I accept friend request? and youre not online so cant play you. Invite me when youre one. <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

randam05 wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:'you jammy...' - Randam, you've just earnt yourself a first round bye

woops sorry!

How do I accept friend request? and youre not online so cant play you. Invite me when youre one. <ok>

On now

Postby PLtheRef

The snookerisland.co.uk Funky Snooker World Championships

Winners Bracket First Round Draw - Best of 5 frames

Randam05 v BYE

Selbyfan v SimplySnooker BYE (selbyfan banned from SI? - dq's him from the draw)

PLtheRef v Jadechelsea

Rocketron v Alex0Paul

Winners Bracket Second Round Draw - Best of 5 frames

Randam05 v SimplySnooker

PL/Jade v Rron/Alex

Good Luck all
Hoping to get the tournament concluded by the time the big one starts

10reds Arcade - shotclock to be agreed between two players - standard 60 seconds.
Last edited by PLtheRef on 05 Apr 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Postby randam05

Simply, if you message me on msn or here when you want to play our game, thats cool <ok>

And I will speak to jade about arranging your game if you like pl?

Postby PLtheRef

randam05 wrote:Simply, if you message me on msn or here when you want to play our game, thats cool <ok>

please do

Postby randam05

PLtheRef wrote:
randam05 wrote:Simply, if you message me on msn or here when you want to play our game, thats cool <ok>

please do

Well im not around tomorrow night so you can PM here if you want tomorrow anytime after 4. If not then I will talk to her wednesday night for you <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

randam05 wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:

please do

Well im not around tomorrow night so you can PM here if you want tomorrow anytime after 4. If not then I will talk to her wednesday night for you <ok>

Well I should be on until 6ish