Topic locked

World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump - who reaches R2 ?

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2011

Neil Robertson
52%
Judd Trump
48%

Total votes : 23

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Sounds like he's already accepting his fate at the hands of JT :john:

its called a champion being smart and not saying anything silly before the match

:hatoff:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:Sounds like he's already accepting his fate at the hands of JT :john:

its called a champion being smart and not saying anything silly before the match

Yeh he's leaving that to you :redneck:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:

or you <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is Michaela Tabb refereeing at all?

She's a referee, it's a snooker tournament, 'ave a guess mate !

Okay. To put it another way....

Does anybody know what matches Michaela is refereeing?

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is Michaela Tabb refereeing at all?

She's a referee, it's a snooker tournament, 'ave a guess mate !

Okay. To put it another way....

Does anybody know what matches Michaela is refereeing?

no :boo:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:

or you <laugh>

If i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up and say too good, but I have a feeling ... :happy:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:Chumba

TBH i have no gut feeling on the match although im quietly confident

It's a gut-wrencher for whoever loses, no doubt about that, especially if it goes close tomorrow evening.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:Chumba

TBH i have no gut feeling on the match although im quietly confident

It's a gut-wrencher for whoever loses, no doubt about that, especially if it goes close tomorrow evening.

:-(

Postby SnookerFan

I think if anything, this match is a 50/50 match. Personally I have no prediction. When this match was announced, it was one that I knew would get talked about by the fanboys of both men, but didn't see it as really having anything to make it stand out from the rest. Just another top-16 vs qualifier match.

However, Trump came into form at the right time. Showing us plenty at The China Open here. There was no easy draw to the final either. Peter Ebdon is a tad past his best perhaps, but you have to play well to beat him. And Shaun Murphy was overwhelming favourite in everybody's eyes, apart from Judds. The 2005 champion looked like a rank amateur compared to Judd. And what with Selby pushing him hard in the final, Judd fully deserved his China Open. All this talk of tanking, and players not being interested in the China Open to save best form for the Worlds proved unfounded. Judd won the ranking event before the Worlds, and won it with some style.

So, this match has captured the imagination of people outside of the fans they have. The papers are reporting on it like it's a significant match. And, for once, they are noticing there are matches that don't involve Ronnie O'Sullivan. That can only be good for snooker.

The talk of it has got tiresome in one way, with even fans of snooker acting like this is the only match happening in the next 17 days. And you are nervous that it won't live up to the hype. But, whether you plan to watch this match, or table 2. And whether you buy into the "biggest first round match ever" or not. You can't complain, that for once, the papers are talking about snooker. And it's not about what Ronnie is doing, or accusing it of being corrupt.

Postby GJ

robbos views on twitter

Hectic with practice. Really looking forward to the weekend, can't wait to get out there as world champion.

Will definitely be the proudest moment of my career. Prep has gone well so hopefully I can get through to the 2nd week.

2nd chumbas comment may the best man win