Topic locked

World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump - who reaches R2 ?

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2011

Neil Robertson
52%
Judd Trump
48%

Total votes : 23

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson 8-10 Trump

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:Really worried about the possible letdown now in R2 :chin:

1 bad omen if you believe in such things

in every mian event that a player ebat robbo , the player has lost in the enxt round

shanghai masters - ebdon lost to king in round 2

uk - murphy lost to williams in semi's

masters - allen lost to fu

welsh - dott lost to selby in quarters

china - ebdon lost to trump in quarters

and robbo said recently he is sick of players playing really well to beat him and then crumble in next round

can trump break the cycle ;-) :hatoff:

You forgot Hamilton at the German Masters ... lost than to Dott

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:

in every mian event that a player ebat robbo , the player has lost in the enxt round

and robbo said recently he is sick of players playing really well to beat him and then crumble in next round

:spot on:

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:

Really can''t argue with those stats, must be something in that ... everyone wants to have that world champion scalp on their CV so it made Robbo a wanted man. Next season he'll have a bit of that pressure eased and he can get back to the level he showed a couple of years ago on a more consistent basis.

For Trump, you don't really get much more chalk and cheese than Fu/Gould so it's hard to analyse R2 too much yet but i'd make him slight favourite against either but that's where he tends to lose a lot of matches, when he's expected to win. I much prefer him as underdog.

Postby GJ

I think he would rather face fu as he will feel he has the measure of him after winning at china in round 1 match

Gouldy is a real wildcard and anything could happen

Postby GJ

On robbo i would love him to get to a uk or masters final next season as he seems to fall early in those 2

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:On robbo i would love him to get to a uk or masters final next season as he seems to fall early in those 2

Either of the second-tier majors (UK/Masters) and I think he'd be over the moon tbh, even if he exits the worlds early, he would join a strong list of players in the history to win 2+majors with a world crown included.

Postby GJ

Fair points but if and its a big if he faces gouldy and martin can produce the form from session1 and 2 against robbo

it could be a cracker

Postby Bourne

It's important Judd stays in the moment, it's tricky now because he has to wait so long for his next match and obviously he's on a massive high from last night. He's travelled back to London apparently so he can switch off for a few days but he's in unchartered territory now at this stage of the Worlds and needs to make sure he finds his game in time for the second-round because either opponent, if he gets behind early it'll be tough. But he's reacted well to new, difficult positions in the last couple of weeks so who's to say he won't again here ?

Postby Tubberlad

I think Trump would fancy a clash with Fu far more than Gould. Fu is a safe player, doesn't take unnecessary risks, but is in my opinion too negative to outgun the really top players on a consistent basis. Martin Gould will have a right crack at whoever he faces.

I must say, the player who wins on day one has an awful long time to wait around, or is it that way for all of the and I just didn't notice?

Postby vodkadiet

I see the intellectual Bristol Rag Doll getting beaten in the 2nd round. I will have some heavy money on whoever he plays. Robbo was rubbish yesterday and still won 8 frames.

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump

Postby Bourne

vodkadiet wrote:Robbo is going to kick Trump's scrawny butt all over The Crucible, and send him back to boring Bristol with his tail between his legs.

Robbo is going in every Acca for me. :-D

Surprised you've got any money left to bet with :wave:

Postby vodkadiet

Bourne wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Robbo is going to kick Trump's scrawny butt all over The Crucible, and send him back to boring Bristol with his tail between his legs.

Unlike you, I don't rely on a dole cheque. :ahh:

Postby Bourne

vodkadiet wrote:
Bourne wrote:

But you should, with all your multiple identities you could be absolutely minted by now. :wave:

Postby vodkadiet

Bourne wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Bourne wrote:

But you should, with all your multiple identities you could be absolutely minted by now. :wave:

Multiple IDS. :ahh:

Postby Bourne

@KickingoutMark Jakeways
@judd147t Hi Judd Bristol Rovers V city Charity football match at the Rovers ground on May 02nd do you want to play?
3 hours agovia web

@judd147tjudd trump
@Kickingout world championship still going then so hopefully still be playing.
3 hours agovia Twitter for iPhone

That's the attitude :bowdown: buck the charity, he's got a world championship to win :ahh: