Topic locked

World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump - who reaches R2 ?

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2011

Neil Robertson
52%
Judd Trump
48%

Total votes : 23

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump

Postby GJ

its as good as it could be for steevns as allen and maguier are similar level where as most other sections are stronger

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:its as good as it could be for steevns as allen and maguier are similar level where as most other sections are stronger

i think its a good draw.

you got mouth watering clashes plus some competative level matches.

even walden v mcloed is a good match up where as mcloed playing Higgins or Robbo wouldn't be.

Postby GJ

i agree mate its good i think alot will knee jerk and pick rory but neither have won at crucible and i noticed in a few venue matches rory has struggled near the winning line most notably against carter at uk in 2009

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:i agree mate its good i think alot will knee jerk and pick rory but neither have won at crucible and i noticed in a few venue matches rory has struggled near the winning line most notably against carter at uk in 2009

both only played there once,both made their debut in 2009 and both lost 10-6.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:i agree mate its good i think alot will knee jerk and pick rory but neither have won at crucible and i noticed in a few venue matches rory has struggled near the winning line most notably against carter at uk in 2009

both only played there once,both made their debut in 2009 and both lost 10-6.

Yeah. But every match that McLeod is in, he turds up with his boring Ebdon-style play.

McLeod could play anybody, and it'd be :zzz:

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:I like ebdon though <ok>

He's a nice guy actually. And his match with Hendry in the 2002 World Championship turned me from somebody who'd seen snooker ocassionally, to a fan. It was an exciting match. :D

He has been involved in some duds though.

Postby Wildey

the interpratation and persona around ebdon has changed so much over the years despite playing Roughly the same game.

in 1992 his Crucible Debut he was a Brash Flamboyant young Player and now hes a Slow Boring Fart but his game not changed all that much in the 19 years since.

just one or 2 matches over a long career has earmarked what people think of him as a player.

Postby randam05

I like duds though <ok>

Nahh ebdon is quality and met him at this years welsh and EPTC4, when at the eptc he stopped, offered me his hand, signed my book asked how I was and gave me a psotcard of him winning china open and signed it! Quality man/character/player.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:I like duds though <ok>

Nahh ebdon is quality and met him at this years welsh and EPTC4, when at the eptc he stopped, offered me his hand, signed my book asked how I was and gave me a psotcard of him winning china open and signed it! Quality man/character/player.

he dont half talk a lot of bullocks though

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

So do you. But when you do it, we create a thread about it in The Junk Yard.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

So do you. But when you do it, we create a thread about it in The Junk Yard.

no i talk sense its idiots like you that cant quite understand the concept of sense <ok>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:no i talk sense its idiots like you that cant quite understand the concept of sense <ok>

I know what punctuation is, though. <laugh>

:jugs: :jugs: :jugs:

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:the interpratation and persona around ebdon has changed so much over the years despite playing Roughly the same game.

in 1992 his Crucible Debut he was a Brash Flamboyant young Player and now hes a Slow Boring Fart but his game not changed all that much in the 19 years since.

just one or 2 matches over a long career has earmarked what people think of him as a player.

His cue action does not help things. I love his shot selection though!

Postby Bourne

Bourne wrote:Jeez it's only 4 hours after the draw and i'm already 76.35% pumped up, I think I might break some sort of record come April 16 <cool>

Just hit 88.4%, jeez someone stick a pin in meeeeeeeeeee :hyper:

Postby Bourne

SelbyFan wrote:Trump to win. As it's the big tournament, can we have a thread for each match?

I don't see why not, be good if every user got one match covered and we can talk some goddamn snooker baby !

Postby GJ

have to say im biased but the opening session is far more exciting than last years higgins v hawkins match

Postby SelbyFan

Bourne wrote:
SelbyFan wrote:Trump to win. As it's the big tournament, can we have a thread for each match?

I don't see why not, be good if every user got one match covered and we can talk some goddamn snooker baby !

I will do Selby's matches. That OK?

Postby Bourne

SelbyFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Please do !

Postby SelbyFan

Bourne wrote:
SelbyFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Please do !

I could create a thread for each game over the weekend? Why not a Matchday sub-forum?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
Bourne wrote:Jeez it's only 4 hours after the draw and i'm already 76.35% pumped up, I think I might break some sort of record come April 16 <cool>

Just hit 88.4%, jeez someone stick a pin in meeeeeeeeeee :hyper:

I've got more interested in this match. This match had no story behind it, and I found it dull compared to say, Ronnie vs Dale. Which did have some form of story behind it. (Dominic not qualified for 7 years, gets through and gets Ronnie. :shock: Ronnie has plummeted down the rankings though, and hasn't won a first round ranking event match since before December. Can Dale pull a shock? :chin: ) When I saw Robertson against Trump, it was the World Champion playing just another qualifier. :emu: Judd had pretty much done bugger all since 2008, and I couldn't get excited about it.

However Trump has played out of his skin this week. After being called the next big thing, he did bugger all for three years. He went a year without qualifying for events with his fans still bad monkey -ing about him. This season he has improved, but hasn't played well at many of the venues, and his match with Martin Gould at the PTC finals was embarrassing. Beating Ebdon to get through to the semis, by beating Ebdon = :shock: Now I see this as the World Champion playing somebody not knowing what to expect. Will Trump play spazzy like he did against Gould, or solidly like he did against Ebdon? :chin: