Topic locked

World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump - who reaches R2 ?

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2011

Neil Robertson
52%
Judd Trump
48%

Total votes : 23

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump

Postby SnookerFan

Seriously though, I am more psyched about this then I was last week. Judd had shown me nothing this season to show me he could consistently get past the first round of tournaments. But now he's got through to the finalist, and will be a possible ranking event winner come tomorrow night, then I'd have to say this match has gone up a bit in interest level.

Postby GJ

Yes 1 has a child and a bird the other is very close to another pro who lives with him :john: ;-)

i think old cueist has it the wrong way round

<laugh>

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:Yes 1 has a child and a bird the other is very close to another pro who lives with him :john: ;-)

<laugh>

Oh I didn't know Robbo had a child and a bird as well :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:You'll be praying he doesn't have a good run in China, because if he does and finds some confidence going into Sheffield, he's a major contender :D

yes mate :wave:

<laugh> rofl

:happy:

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Did they have to be kept apart?

<laugh>

i remember seeeing on youtube the launch of last years wolrlds and the interviews

so im hoping the same will happen with this years launch

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:I have cast my vote :hatoff: From 9-3 down, Trump has levelled up at 9-9 ... whoever takes the next one wins !!!

I just thinking how many people would have voted for Trump right after that Hendry defeat ...

All I'm saying is that he has a good or maybe even a very good chance to kick out the champion.

Postby GJ

50/50 at very best for trump IMO

no matter how good his form is i couldnt say any player who hasnt wont a match at crucible as fav agianst defending champ TBH

The crucible is just so different its makes and breaks players and is unique from every other tournament.

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:50/50 at very best for trump IMO

no matter how good his form is i couldnt say any player who hasnt wont a match at crucible as fav agianst defending champ TBH

The crucible is just so different its makes and breaks players and is unique from every other tournament.

That's definitely the one factor that no-one can argue is in Robbo's favour, his recent record in Sheffield is very good and he's tough to beat over the longer-format. But I think what really helps Judd is the fact the whole match is on one day, if he was leading overnight for instance then that's where the nerves would have had time to kick in.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:50/50 at very best for trump IMO

That's definitely the one factor that no-one can argue is in Robbo's favour, his recent record in Sheffield is very good and he's tough to beat over the longer-format. But I think what really helps Judd is the fact the whole match is on one day, if he was leading overnight for instance then that's where the nerves would have had time to kick in.

fair point mate :-)

i would say IMO its 55/45 in robbos favour

Postby Bourne

Judd showed in the China final that even when he failed to get that 6-2 lead after the first session it didn't affect him and then Selby kept coming back strongly playing so well and got it to 8-8 and most people had Selby winning at that point, but Judd still wouldn't be fazed. I think if either opens up a 6-3 lead after the morning session it'll be enough so that first session is crucial !

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Before China I thought he had a strong outside chance but now I think it's a 50/50 match maybe even Trump goes in as slight favourite.

What's a strong outside chance? :shrug: Surely they are opposite things.

As opposed to a weak outside chance (Pagett, McLeod) :gramp:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Before China I thought he had a strong outside chance but now I think it's a 50/50 match maybe even Trump goes in as slight favourite.

What's a strong outside chance? :shrug: Surely they are opposite things.

As opposed to a weak outside chance (Pagett, McLeod) :gramp:

Seems a weird distinction to me. You have a good chance, or a slim/outside chance. But I don't want to turn this into an argument, like the 'is 12:30 in the afternoon considered pm?' argument we had on here. <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Rumour has it that Clive is commentating at the opening weekend. But not for much after that.

I heard that too, he is commentating on a new PowerSnooker event in Mexico for most of the rest of the tournament. The organisers The Mexican Power Snooker Association did not want Hendon or anyone from Eurosport. They wanted a classy commentator and Clive fitted that bill. So the BBCs loss is the Mexicans gain. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:Yes 1 has a child and a bird the other is very close to another pro who lives with him :john: ;-)

<laugh>

Oh I didn't know Robbo had a child and a bird as well :hatoff:

How disappointed were you when you heard the news?