Topic locked

World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump - who reaches R2 ?

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2011

Neil Robertson
52%
Judd Trump
48%

Total votes : 23

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:JT was on Radio 5live earler and he said he was really looking forward to the match and hoped that the auditorium would be packed <ok> He's big time now

he and his fans talks a good game now lets do it where it matters <ok>

Hope so, it's a good thing that he's saying he's glad he's got a great player like Robbo, shows he's got no fear no matter who he faces and that's exactly how it should be. So early in the tournament, the first morning, he can catch Robbo cold <ok> Hey Robbo might even forget to turn up, 10am is very early :redneck:

absalutly you need to prove it to yourself and the public what you can do .....we all think we know what hes capable of but we not really seen it April 16 (24 days time) in sheffield should be the day he starts to show us.

Postby Wildey

i still think his best ever match on TV was his crucible debut as a 17 year old in 2007 he lost 10-6 to Murphy.

he has sort of stalled since then and not progressed as he was expected to.

yes hes high up the rankings but in no small way thanks to the PTC and Qualifying Conditions hes used to.....

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:i still think his best ever match on TV was his crucible debut as a 17 year old in 2007 he lost 10-6 to Murphy.

yes hes high up the rankings but in no small way thanks to the PTC and Qualifying Conditions hes used to.....

<ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:i still think his best ever match on TV was his crucible debut as a 17 year old in 2007 he lost 10-6 to Murphy.

That's fair I can't really argue with that at all, which is why i'm glad he drew a big name in R1 because it means he simply HAS to turn up to the match with his A-game or else he's going to get sent packing with a big L-sign for loser on his head. Fu or Walden or Cope in R1 would have worried me more, but against Robbo you've got nowhere to hide. I see this as a huge opportunity, not a burden <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:That's fair I can't really argue with that at all, which is why i'm glad he drew a big name in R1 because it means he simply HAS to turn up to the match with his A-game or else he's going to get sent packing with a big L-sign for loser on his head. Fu or Walden or Cope in R1 would have worried me more, but against Robbo you've got nowhere to hide. I see this as a huge opportunity, not a burden <ok>

Place your bets....

Postby GJ

Trump, 21, told BBC Radio Bristol he felt no pressure having been drawn against the world champion and expects it to be an exciting encounter.

"We've got very, very similar games, we like to go for our shots and we're attacking," he said. "There won't be a lot of safety and it could be a really good game.

"But it will be tough and even if I run Neil close it will be a shock to 60-70% of people."

1 point i disagree with mr trump he may be all potting but the world champion has an excellent all round game

:redneck: :afro:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:Trump, 21, told BBC Radio Bristol he felt no pressure having been drawn against the world champion and expects it to be an exciting encounter.

"We've got very, very similar games, we like to go for our shots and we're attacking," he said. "There won't be a lot of safety and it could be a really good game.

"But it will be tough and even if I run Neil close it will be a shock to 60-70% of people."

1 point i disagree with mr trump he may be all potting but the world champion has an excellent all round game

:redneck: :afro:

It won't shock me Judd <ok>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Trump will make a bollix of the first session and be 7-2 down. He'll then make a big comeback to get it to 8-8 before losing 10-8 after Robertson wins the last two frames with one chance each. Robertson will then lose 13-12 to Fu or Gould.

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon wrote:I've said all season long that I had a feeling Robertson will join the list of defending champions to go out in round 1. The draw has made me think its a huge chance now.

theres still a far bigger chance of Trump Going out Round 1 though..

i just think at the moment he plays in a way where its hit or miss he might get away with it over short distance over 19 frames its a different kettle of fish.

as ive pointed out before on this thread he and fans talk him up but now he needs to turn it in to genuine performances fitting of the reputation he has.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:I heard when the draw was announced Robbos face dropped...........

rofl rofl rofl

Seriously though, you can already tell this match is capturing the public's imagination, everyone will have an opinion on this match ! This is the match that snooker needs to really give it a big booooost !

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

Seriously though, you can already tell this match is capturing the public's imagination, everyone will have an opinion on this match ! This is the match that snooker needs to really give it a big booooost !

bullocks. It's got nothing to do with the match. Everybody has an opinion on you keep coming on a lording it how good Trump is. If Trump was playing Ricky Walden, you'd say that was the tie of the first round. <laugh>

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

tezzies. It's got nothing to do with the match. Everybody has an opinion on you keep coming on a lording it how good Trump is. If Trump was playing Ricky Walden, you'd say that was the tie of the first round. <laugh>

No I wouldn't :chin: How can a match between the defending champ and the most exciting youngster in the game not be a standout match ? I'm talking as a neutral here, for a World Championship opener this is A+++, one of the best in the tournament's history. I wouldn't be surprised if Bazza 'ad a crafty little say in these two being drawn together <cool>

Postby Wildey

im just disapointed Hendry didnt get Trump...

that might look a bit of bravado but im deadly serious.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

im just disapointed Hendry didnt get Trump...

that might look a bit of bravado but im deadly serious.

Not really, considering it was only a couple of months ago that Old Man Hendry knocked Trump out of a tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:No I wouldn't :chin: How can a match between the defending champ and the most exciting youngster in the game not be a standout match ? I'm talking as a neutral here, for a World Championship opener this is A+++, one of the best in the tournament's history. I wouldn't be surprised if Bazza 'ad a crafty little say in these two being drawn together <cool>

rofl rofl rofl

You say Judd Trump vs everybody is the tie of the first round. When the German Masters was on, you and Wild were arguing for a month beforehand, saying this was the best tie. Saying it was time Hendry passed the torch. Saying we'd see Stephen Hendry being schooled by the guy who was looking to improve on the quarter final appearance he got four years ago. Saying Hendry would retire after this match, as he'd be so embarrassed. <doh>

Let's face it, saying you are neutral about anything Judd Trump is almost as big a whopper as saying I only like Michaela Tabb for her refereeing skills.