Topic locked

World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump - who reaches R2 ?

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2011

Neil Robertson
52%
Judd Trump
48%

Total votes : 23

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:You'd laugh if Trump lost full stop, seems you and the other hatahs get off on it :-(

How am I hatah? I sent you a congratulatory PM when Judd reached the China Open final, then another one when he won.

You're a being objective about Trump hatah. :no:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:i will let robbo do the talking on the table

10-9 :D

shame most of the 10 voters havnt the bottle to pick trump in predicts

<laugh> rofl :happy:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Indeed, their loss :afro:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

rofl

Postby GJ

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ROBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WORLD CHAMPIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Postby SnookerFan

Love a bit of early morning snooker, me. Though without the hangover. Loved watching snooker at 7am when the China was on. :D This will feel like a lie-in at 10am.

When you're at The Crucible though, it does give you a chance to go down and get fried breakfast and stuff. Some days, I'll probably pop to the cafe and get a breakfast in, and make it back by 10am, just to replicate that feeling. May leave that to my week off.

Reckon the pubs will be open for the 7pm session on Easter Sunday? :chin: Breakfast, back for 10am, watch two sessions, out again for a Sunday Roast and a pint in the evening, after the football has finished. :bowdown:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:My picks coming tomorrow, the build-up is almost at an end !

yes the excitement is building for me :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:This is quite simply the most intriguing opening day match at a tournament ever.

AGREE

this beats Ronnie v Maguire of 2005 and the only other match having gone through wiki for the opening day featuring the defending champion was 1985 Steve Davis v Neal Foulds.

but for me Robbo v Trump beats everything

Postby SnookerFan

Anybody read The Metro? (The free paper you get at train stations.) There was a couple of paragraphs on Judd Trump, before the World Championship. Judd was claiming he's postponed the celebrations for winning China until after The Crucible, so he can concentrate fully on making good progress at Sheffield.

I think Bourne in particular would like the article. After one of the Trump quotes, it followed; "who opens the tournament on Saturday against reigning champion Neil Robertson." (Not the other way aroud).

But by far the most blinding quote from the article was; "Trump (pictured) says he is full of confidence after beating Stephen Maguire 10-8 to win the first major of his career." <doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody read The Metro? (The free paper you get at train stations.) There was a couple of paragraphs on Judd Trump, before the World Championship. Judd was claiming he's postponed the celebrations for winning China until after The Crucible, so he can concentrate fully on making good progress at Sheffield.

I think Bourne in particular would like the article. After one of the Trump quotes, it followed; "who opens the tournament on Saturday against reigning champion Neil Robertson." (Not the other way aroud).

But by far the most blinding quote from the article was; "Trump (pictured) says he is full of confidence after beating Stephen Maguire 10-8 to win the first major of his career." <doh>

Thats good to know hes postponed celebrations but having mistaken Selby for Maguire has the journo got more of the article wrong rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Thats good to know hes postponed celebrations but having mistaken Selby for Maguire has the journo got more of the article wrong rofl

It was only two paragraphs long. They stuck it at the end of the sports section, after the Man U vs Chelsea result. I know it's a free paper, but you'd think they could go two paragraphs without making such a blinding error. <laugh> You can't expect that they've watched every second of every sporting contest in the world, but surely anybody with access to google could look up the results to the final of the China Open, to double check who Trump beat in the final. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Trump was playing that well that he could have beaten both Selby and Maguire in that final at the same time :ahh:

It's shocking though, isn't it? That suggests the people reporting on the match care so little about snooker, and about Trump, they don't care who he beats in the final.

Postby Bourne

Fair play Robbo is trying to deflect the pressure onto Judd, I expected that. But there's no way he can go into this match feeling the same 'freedom' as Trump does, the defending world champion is the main draw in that match and he's had a poor season so needs a run here. Trump has just won a title and exceeded most expectations from a month or two back, so no matter what he does here he can be content, top 16 assured.

Postby GJ

All talk is irrelevant its all on who performs on the day

robbo has do to alot of interviews as defending champion so he is telling it how he sees it

but its all on the day

Postby GJ

predicts is a better judge IMO

as this is isnt made public who voted what predicts is

and trump has 4 predictors backing him so far

HA HA