Topic locked

Re: World Championships 2011: ROUND 1 DRAW !!!

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:My money will be on Selby this year.

He probably is the strongest in the top half and I think hes been warming up nicely to the tournament. He should atleast make the semis. COME ON SELBY.

I want a selby williams/ selby ronnie/ selby dale/ selby higgins/ selby murphy final <ok> Or if not, replace selby with ebdon :redneck: I would love to see ebdon and dale have a good run this year actually.

A one-time ranking winner is the strongest in the half <laugh>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
randam05 wrote:

He probably is the strongest in the top half and I think hes been warming up nicely to the tournament. He should atleast make the semis. COME ON SELBY.

I want a selby williams/ selby ronnie/ selby dale/ selby higgins/ selby murphy final <ok> Or if not, replace selby with ebdon :redneck: I would love to see ebdon and dale have a good run this year actually.

And he is as good at LOSING ranking semi's as he is his hair

:evilgrin:

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Going by that logic you are saying Hendry is the strongest in the top half?

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:
randam05 wrote:

That's not the same logic <laugh> Selby is third favourite, but he's got far less pedigree than Robbo and Ding who are born WINNERS <ok>

Postby NedB-H

Even though Robbo is the only one I like of the four, Robbo-Trump and Allen-Stevens are crackers. Shame about the dull matches of Dott, Murphy, Carter, Ebdon and Allen, but the rest have some degree of interest. Will be following Selby-Robbo Mk 2 closely :chin:

Postby Wildey

Rocket_ron wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:i think its safe to say the semis will be robertson v ding and williams v higgins

anyone else agrees with me?

nothing is safe .....if so why bother playing all those frames and sessions.

last year it wasn't safe that Dott would reach the final but he did

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:
randam05 wrote:

dont write off hendry doing some serious damage.

consistently he might struggle but on his day he is more than a match to most.

Postby SnookerFan

I think all this talk about Mark Selby being a one-time ranking event winner is a bit harsh, given that he's won the Masters twice. It might not be a ranker, but it's on a par in terms of prestige with the rankers. He should be acknowledged more as a one time ranking event winner, and twice Masters champion.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:I think all this talk about Mark Selby being a one-time ranking event winner is a bit harsh, given that he's won the Masters twice. It might not be a ranker, but it's on a par in terms of prestige with the rankers. He should be acknowledged more as a one time ranking event winner, and twice Masters champion.

his record in ranking semi's is there for all to see

POOR

<ok>

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:consistently he might struggle but on his day he is more than a match to most.

The same could be said of Joe Perry though. That's not a guaranteed win for Hendry.

Could be a tough one but perry really hasnt had much to boast about recentley and he may put to much pressure on himself to pull out a good result. But it was only 3 years ago he made the semis!

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Could be a tough one but perry really hasnt had much to boast about recentley and he may put to much pressure on himself to pull out a good result. But it was only 3 years ago he made the semis!

Oh yeah, Hendry is favourite. Neither man are super consistent, but Hendry is slightly more. I'm just saying Hendry can't turn up, thinking he can snake hiss about and go through to round 2.

Though, I think Hendry won't do that.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:consistently he might struggle but on his day he is more than a match to most.

The same could be said of Joe Perry though. That's not a guaranteed win for Hendry.

as good as

Joe is stepping on to Hendrys Patch this isnt a PTC Event this is Hendrys House <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:But Robbo nicked the keys off him last year :redneck:

They keys have been past around since 1999, without ever making their way back to Hendry. Hendry might as well be having a swinger's party in his house.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:But Robbo nicked the keys off him last year :redneck:

no renting it nothing more he owns the place for ever more <ok>

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:his record in ranking semi's is there for all to see

POOR

<ok>

Hatah. :zzz:

FACT :afro:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Robertson on Trump: 'I'd rather play him than someone who takes a long time over shots. You know what type of game you're going to get'

as in i know he will go for everyhting and leave me sitters alot of the time

Robertson sees things exactly as i saw it when Hendry played Trump in Germany.

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:wild or anyone else is there a chance you can post the full schedule for the first week on here ?

mate can we get the China Open and Championship league over first then my total dedication will be to Sheffield with the Annual Crucible Countdown <ok>