Topic locked

Re: World Championships 2011: ROUND 1 DRAW !!!

Postby GJ

yes the bunny let me down last year but he is a bit of flat track bully like his american cousin so ....

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
GJ wrote:wild

your unbiased anlysis on robbo and stevens round 1 draw ?

BUMP

unbiased :redneck:

it should not be easy for Robbo and on paper its a tough match for the Defending WC and with the pressure of being the defending champion its a banana skin waiting to happen having said that i really not seen anything on a snooker table from trump to sugest he can win that match....Snooker is not played on a Ranking list or on Paper.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
GJ wrote:wild

your unbiased anlysis on robbo and stevens round 1 draw ?

BUMP

unbiased :redneck:

it should not be easy for Robbo and on paper its a tough match for the Defending WC and with the pressure of being the defending champion its a banana skin waiting to happen having said that i really not seen anything on a snooker table from trump to sugest he can win that match....Snooker is not played on a Ranking list or on Paper.

:)

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Pagett has a good chance ... unknown quantity against a streaky player ...

You want Jamie Cope to do a streak? :huh:

streaky player means up and down in form

:redneck:

Postby GJ

the only match im not sure who will win

16 Marco Fu vs Martin Gould

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Pagett has a good chance ... unknown quantity against a streaky player ...

I know. That was cutting edge humour.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

well if a big up top girl starts streaking you will see what real up and down is rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

well if a big up top girl starts streaking you will see what real up and down is rofl

And that's Wild's idea of cutting edge humour. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:the only match im not sure who will win

That's the only one i AM sure about !!!

thats a tough match mate and i think Higgins got his work cut out against Lee and McLeod got one of the easiest draw....Walden only played there once against Selby in 2009.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:the only match im not sure who will win

That's the only one i AM sure about !!!

thats a tough match mate and i think Higgins got his work cut out against Lee and McLeod got one of the easiest draw....Walden only played there once against Selby in 2009.

Fu was playing some dismal stuff leading into the tournament last year, and still kept it to 10-9 and was unlucky not to get a chance in the decider. Can't see Fu losing it this time, his A and even B-game will be far too tidy for Gouldy.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Come on Dominic Dale! Seriously, I'll come myself if Dale beats Ronnie.

and ill join you i think <ok> That is the best match i couild ever wish for really.

Postby Witz78

Higgins v Lee the pick of the ties for me, come back down on the Thursday morning for my 2nd 2011 Crucible trip and fully expect some to be drunk and shouting out parakeet as the Pieman delivers a knockout blow to Higgins.

Postby Bourne

Higgins and Williams will have to be on their guard right from ball one, very tough opponents for both of them in R1 of a World Championship, that Higgins Lee match in the UK was, for me, the best quality match of the season so far so Lee has every right to be thoroughly snake hissed off. Allen vs Stevens, Robertson vs Trump, O'Sullivan vs Dale ... I think it's a cracking draw :D

Postby mediter

Williams vs Day, what a 1 round match ! Stephen Lee is a very good player but I think eventually he lacks the bottle to beat people like Higgins, Selby, O´Sullivan, Maguire or Murphy. For me, Fu vs Gould and Allen vs Stevens are also interesting ones.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Come on Dominic Dale! Seriously, I'll come myself if Dale beats Ronnie.

and ill join you i think <ok> That is the best match i couild ever wish for really.

Look, I like you and all, but I don't want you joining me when I come myself.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Higgins v Lee the pick of the ties for me, come back down on the Thursday morning for my 2nd 2011 Crucible trip and fully expect some to be drunk and shouting out parakeet as the Pieman delivers a knockout blow to Higgins.

What's really going to happen is Stephen Lee huffs and puffs to a close loss to Higgins, and you get yourself thrown out in the first frame. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

A tournament like this
Some people wait a lifetime
For a tournament like this
Some people search forever
For that one special sport
Oh I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime for a tournament like this.

:D

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Higgins and Williams will have to be on their guard right from ball one, very tough opponents for both of them in R1 of a World Championship, that Higgins Lee match in the UK was, for me, the best quality match of the season so far so Lee has every right to be thoroughly snake hissed off. Allen vs Stevens, Robertson vs Trump, O'Sullivan vs Dale ... I think it's a cracking draw :D

Ryan Day has beaten John Higgins at the crucible so he wont be frightened of Williams and hes coming back to form so that could be a cracker.

Postby Rocket_ron

the bottom half of the draw is the hardest ive ever seen

murphy ronnie williams higgins. for someone to win the WC from the bottom half would have to potentionally face mark williams, john higgins, and robertson./ding in the final.

very hard draw this

Postby Wildey

Rocket_ron wrote:the bottom half of the draw is the hardest ive ever seen

murphy ronnie williams higgins. for someone to win the WC from the bottom half would have to potentionally face mark williams, john higgins, and robertson./ding in the final.

very hard draw this

Bottom Half is loaded with Welshmen :)

Postby GJ

Robertson on Trump: 'I'd rather play him than someone who takes a long time over shots. You know what type of game you're going to get'

as in i know he will go for everyhting and leave me sitters alot of the time

Postby Rocket_ron

Wild wrote:

very hard draw this

welshmen rock :mosh2:

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:
Wild wrote:

very hard draw this

welshmen rock :mosh2:

Wild?