Topic locked

Who reaches the final qualifying-round ?

Poll ended at 09 Mar 2011

Steve Davis
40%
Jack Lisowski
60%

Total votes : 10

Re: World Championships Qualifying 2011: S Davis vs Lisowski

Postby Tubberlad

I really want Lisowski to win this one. I think he's a kid with a lot of potential, and a crucible debut in his rookie season would be a very noteworthy achievement. That won't come with a potential win against Davis, but looking at the draw he's got the chance.

I think Davis' 2010 display was a fitting Crucible farewell, what he acheived underlined just how great a player he has been, and his longevity is testament to him. A rubbish crucible display would not be a fitting crucible farewell for the great Steve Davis.

Postby Wildey

Rocket_ron wrote:
Smart wrote:Head says Jack, heart says Jack, Jack goes thru. :)

smart will this be the match you will watch on sunday at EIS? or is there another match you have in mind?

this match will be over today lol

Postby Bourne

Lisowski leads 6-3 after the first session, tight affair up to 3-3 but then Jack showed a good turn of foot including a 121 clearance in the eigth frame. Really have to fancy he'll finish the job tonight <ok>

Re: World Championships Qualifying 2011: S Davis 3-6 Lisowsk

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Definitely. He'll be a handful for anybody. Hell, he's even capable of a quarter-final at the Crucible given the right draw.

Yeh the one to avoid in R1 is Higgins, Robbo would be tough to beat but anyone else you'd be mad to rule him out against.

Postby Bourne

Bourne wrote:I think I can really see a 10-9 here, both will have a lot of respect for one another and not take eachother lightly. Lisowski will win most of the open frames, Davis will win most of the scrappy frames ... hard to pick a winner :grrr:

:redneck:

Re: World Championships Qualifying 2011: S Davis 8-8 Lisowsk

Postby Bourne

Going by live-scoring, that was a belter, but a match of missed opportunities for Jack ah well, he'll learn from them hopefully, no better teacher than the master himself Steve Davis <ok> Judd will win on Sunday for you Jack :D