9) Davison/qualifier - McGill - O'Brien - Matthew Stevens

10) Wallace/qualifier - Lawler - Selt - Marcus Campbell

11) M White/Wicheard - Couch - Hamilton - Barry Hawkins

12) Highfield/Johal - Lisowski - S Davis - Stephen Lee

13) Bedford/Saengkham - J Jones - Harold - Gerard Greene

14) Woollaston/O'Neil - Pettman - McManus - Stuart Bingham

15) Paggett/Zhang - Haneveer - Bond - Andrew Higginson

16) Guodong/Maflin - J Robertson - Drago - Ken Doherty

How strong are the bracket in red? If you've got an automatic spot at the Crucible, who are you going to hope to face in round 1? Every player is potentially strong! The weakest link has to be Marcus Campbell no disrespect to him because if he's the weakest he could cause some problems, and he could be KOd by Matthew Selt who would be a handful for some players who wouldn't know what would be facing them. And then you have Higginson but he's quality and could drop the right seed, but he could be put out by Zhanger.

Incredible strength on the tour at present. So many good players.

I think Zhang Anda beat Higginson last year in world qualifying.

I hope Wattana can have a good run.

Stevens has missed out the last couple of years. It would be nice to see him back playing well at The Crucible.

There is usually a surprise package that comes through a few rounds to qualify.

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Draw and Order of Play

Postby Roland

I was about to re-quote myself so thanks frame, no need now. Instead I will quote yesterdays quote of the day which had me in stitches

GJ wrote:who is that is it paedo glitter

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:I was about to re-quote myself so thanks frame, no need now. Instead I will quote yesterdays quote of the day which had me in stitches

GJ wrote:who is that is it paedo glitter

Oh my god <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:I'm not sure actually. He has been dire for a while. Has withdrawn from the shoot-out for personal reasons.
I've heard rumours about family beravement, but honestly that's just hear-say.

Maybe people are figuring out his game a bit, as well. He was pretty much an all out attack player, without doing anything in the way of safety. Whereas Ding has develloped that side of his game since his early days, Liang hasn't. If people leave him in difficult safeties, or shots whereby he was as likely to miss as he was to pot, then he's just going to try to pot himself out of trouble.

Knowing he's going to do that, I'd expect it would be pretty easy for a professional player to counter that strategy. Or am I being too harsh on Liang?

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:I'm not sure actually. He has been dire for a while. Has withdrawn from the shoot-out for personal reasons.
I've heard rumours about family beravement, but honestly that's just hear-say.

Maybe people are figuring out his game a bit, as well. He was pretty much an all out attack player, without doing anything in the way of safety. Whereas Ding has develloped that side of his game since his early days, Liang hasn't. If people leave him in difficult safeties, or shots whereby he was as likely to miss as he was to pot, then he's just going to try to pot himself out of trouble.

Knowing he's going to do that, I'd expect it would be pretty easy for a professional player to counter that strategy. Or am I being too harsh on Liang?

No - NOT harsh he is a one dimensional clown, OKAY. <ok>

Postby nice_shoes_ken

My qualifiers...

M.Davis, Perry, Burnett, King, Dale, Gould, Day, Lines, Stevens, Campbell, Hawkins, Lee, Harold, Bingham, Bond, Doherty.

Think Bond will beat Higginson, Harold is tricky to play against so Greene will get hammered, while struggling Wenbo and Judd Trump will both fail at the hands of Peter Lines and the boring Jamie Burnett.

Postby randam05

nice_shoes_ken wrote:My qualifiers...

M.Davis, Perry, Burnett, King, Dale, Gould, Day, Lines, Stevens, Campbell, Hawkins, Lee, Harold, Bingham, Bond, Doherty.

Think Bond will beat Higginson, Harold is tricky to play against so Greene will get hammered, while struggling Wenbo and Judd Trump will both fail at the hands of Peter Lines and the boring Jamie Burnett.

Good judgement there niceshoesken <ok> i feel you could be pretty correct

and welcome to this wonderful forumn! <ok>