Topic locked

Re: World Championship 2011 draw: Adv. Robbo

Postby Tubberlad

Sirius B wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:At this moment in time, looking at that, I'd say a Selby-Higgins final, with Higgins winning a fourth world title.

selby wont beat robbo, mark my words

He won't have to. Dott will have seen to him.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
Sirius B wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:At this moment in time, looking at that, I'd say a Selby-Higgins final, with Higgins winning a fourth world title.

selby wont beat robbo, mark my words

He won't have to. Dott will have seen to him.

early jinx i like it

tubbs <cool>

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:<laugh> I wanted Robbo to win it last year in the same way I want Ding to win it this year.

Robbo vs Ding semi-final would be ace :D But Robbo has done a lot more to be considered favourite for that one so that's fair enough <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:<laugh> I wanted Robbo to win it last year in the same way I want Ding to win it this year.

Robbo vs Ding semi-final would be ace :D But Robbo has done a lot more to be considered favourite for that one so that's fair enough <ok>

That would be an interesting one :) I'd be happy if any one of Ding, Selby, O'Sullivan, Dott or Williams won it

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:

That would be an interesting one :) I'd be happy if any one of Ding, Selby, O'Sullivan, Dott or Williams won it

only robbo ding murphy or ronnie for me or maybe mags

Postby GJ

kostasmad wrote:Robbo will clear his throat in the semi against Ding...stupid hammer...

will he hasnt been caugh up ain a betting stIng

and clearing your throat is in no way as bad as what your idol higgins did

:wave: :D

Postby GJ

1 thing 2nd sunday starts at 10 am and 2nd monday starts later at 1 pm

Postby GJ

Good that barry has kept the tradition of Current WC opening proceedings on table 1

<cool> :D

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:Reanne Evans will beat Robertson in Round 1

Go on Reanne! <laugh> :D :D

I know we said you can have an average season, and still win the tournament, but that's going over the top.

Postby SnookerFan

Tough draw for Ronald. A potential second round match against Smurph, and a possible quarter final against Honest John. Obviously, the qualifiers might have something to say about that.

I know what people are going to say. Ronnie isn't beating anybody at the moment. But he does like the big occasion, and the challenge. If he gets somebody good in the first round, then will he rise to the occasion? A challenging draw, on the biggest stage of them all.

Discuss.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

My take on the draw:

1. I'm a bit snake hissed that due to Ronnie's and Robbo's poor performances Dott took that dream place in the top quarter from Ronnie
2. There're only few "easier" opponents in the Last 16: Ebdon, Hendry, Cope, Walden - Ding, Selby, Williams & Higgins will be
very happy
3. Marco Fu will have a good chance to knock out the defending champion because he got the game and the bottle
4. Hendry will win this first round match but will be beaten badly by Mark Selby
5. Ding Junhui will reach his first Crucible quarter ever
6. Williams will make at least the quarters
7. Murphy will only get to the quarters if Ronnie loses his first round match

Postby GJ

im surprised selt only has 2 matches to reach creucible as he hasnt done that well this season

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/19/6d/0,,13165~159001,00.pdf

draw is confirmed

later on I will see which matches I will be attending :excited:

Oh rubbish yea, somehow I was thinking I wouldn't know until the final qualifying round was complete. Can't wait to get home to have a look at my tickets.

Postby Casey

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have tickets for the Monday afternoon session which has Ronnie and Hendry playing :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Casey

I am going to have a look at my email to see if the ticket numbers are there.

I know for two or three of the sessions I will be right in the middle of the two tables. i couldn't believe they were not snapped up after the front rows.

Postby kostasmad

Potential semi between ronnie and Higgins. Does anyone think:

1) Ronnie (based on him recent form) can progress to the semis?
2) If he does can he beat Higgins in a best of 33?

Easy no and no for me...

Postby Bourne

Just one problem, it wouldn't be a semi and it wouldn't be BO33 :redneck: But yes Ronnie's problem is going to be reaching that stage but if he's in the QF/SFs you wouldn't exactly like to be writing him off, I just think if he's having so many problems with concentration issues in BO9s and alike, then how's he going to get through having to play 120 odd frames at the Crucible in his current state of mind ?

Postby Casey

I am seeing - Robbo, Carter, Cope, Hendry, Maguire x2.

I am going to try and get a swap on Maguire 1st session for Ding final session, both on at the same time.

Postby SnookerFan

Damn man. The first time in years I don't go to the opening weekend, and the people playing in it is awesome. Last year I was seeing such excellent matches as Joe Perry vs Michael Holt. <laugh>

Still, can't complain. I have tickets to the final. :D Though I'm really worried that I'll get a dud match now. Can't wait to get several crates of beer in the fortnight. :D Looking forward to it.

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:im surprised selt only has 2 matches to reach creucible as he hasnt done that well this season

Selty wont get a better chance to play at the Crucible. If I am reading it right though, he will face Marcus Campbell who is in something like the form of his life (Hendo UK thrashing apart). <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:im surprised selt only has 2 matches to reach creucible as he hasnt done that well this season

Selty wont get a better chance to play at the Crucible. If I am reading it right though, he will face Marcus Campbell who is in something like the form of his life (Hendo UK thrashing apart). <ok>

Camp bell beat matty stevens last year