Topic locked

OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Witz78

9, Yes Nine weeks :eek: tomorrow the annual snooker-fest returns to the Crucible so the countdown is well and truly on now to the World Championships. :excited:

Who is going to the tournament, the regulars or is anyone else going too for the first time?

Who do you want to win it?

Who do you think will win it this year?

Who do you hope qualifies for the tournament?

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:http://www.snookerisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=589

:redneck:

yes but wild kept posting then locking to stop other posters having a say.

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:Who is going to the tournament, the regulars or is anyone else going too for the first time? Probably not this year as I've my exams, but next year is a possibility

Who do you want to win it? Ronnie I suppose, but it's unlikely. I'd like to see Ding Junhui, Mark Selby or Mark Williams win

Who do you think will win it this year? John Higgins

Who do you hope qualifies for the tournament? Gould, Trump, Doherty, Liang, Stevens, Lisowski, Walden (could make it anyway), Higginson, Hawkins, Ford, Steve Davis, McLeod, Jamie Jones, Jimmy, Lisowski, Davy Morris, Figuierido

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Who is going to the tournament, the regulars or is anyone else going too for the first time? Probably not this year as I've my exams, but next year is a possibility

Who do you want to win it? Ronnie I suppose, but it's unlikely. I'd like to see Ding Junhui, Mark Selby or Mark Williams win

Who do you think will win it this year? John Higgins

Who do you hope qualifies for the tournament? Gould, Trump, Doherty, Liang, Stevens, Lisowski, Walden (could make it anyway), Higginson, Hawkins, Ford, Steve Davis, McLeod, Jamie Jones, Jimmy, Lisowski, Davy Morris, Figuierido


Cheers for that

yeh make your Crucible debut in 2012, youll love it (and who knows, you might even watch some of the snooker too rofl )

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Rocket_ron

Who is going to the tournament, the regulars or is anyone else going too for the first time? I will be going

Who do you want to win it? Ronnie as always

Who do you think will win it this year? Ding will win

Who do you hope qualifies for the tournament? Ken Doherty Alan McManus Mathew Stevens Ronnie O'sullivan

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Who is going to the tournament, the regulars or is anyone else going too for the first time? Probably not this year as I've my exams, but next year is a possibility

Who do you want to win it? Ronnie I suppose, but it's unlikely. I'd like to see Ding Junhui, Mark Selby or Mark Williams win

Who do you think will win it this year? John Higgins

Who do you hope qualifies for the tournament? Gould, Trump, Doherty, Liang, Stevens, Lisowski, Walden (could make it anyway), Higginson, Hawkins, Ford, Steve Davis, McLeod, Jamie Jones, Jimmy, Lisowski, Davy Morris, Figuierido


Cheers for that

yeh make your Crucible debut in 2012, youll love it (and who knows, you might even watch some of the snooker too rofl )

I'm trying to maybe do Sheffield and Cheltenham once each over 2012 & 2013. The lady is pretty enthused about Cheltenham and going over for Ladies day, so that'll probably happen sooner, but then again I could also tell her to go buck herself <laugh> .

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby SnookerFan

With you as her significant other, she probably is bucking herself....

Anyway, to answer tubber's questions;

Who is going to the tournament, the regulars or is anyone else going too for the first time? Me, for the 6th year running. :D I usually go to the opening weekend, and stay two or three years. In the absence of knowing who is in the first round, I figured I'd break the bank and do the final. It'll be the first year since I started going that I'm not going to the opening weekend. Which will feel odd, to go at the end and not the beginning. But one year, I also went to the final and it was a crap one Ronnie vs Ali Carter. I'm not keen on either man, so I'm hoping for a better one this year.

Who do you want to win it? Mark Williams

Who do you think will win it this year? :huh2: One of the 32 men that enter.

Who do you hope qualifies for the tournament? Depends. The top-16 will be different by then, but I'd love Ken Doherty to qualify, he's always been a favourite of mine. I'd like Dominic Dale to qualify as well, as he's a nice guy who doesn't qualify enough.

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Tubberlad

They're Witz's questions <ok>

Once one of Ding, Selby, Williams and Ronnie wins I'll be pretty content.

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:64 DAYS TO GO

WITZ HOW MANY MINUTES LEFT TO GO ?
I CANNOT TAKE THIS EXCITEMENT

:excited:

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:They're Witz's questions <ok>


When I was your age, we didn't correct adults for fear of getting a smack.

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:Who do you think will win it this year?

Kate Middleton. <doh>

Queen Catherine :love:

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:They're Witz's questions <ok>


When I was your age, we didn't correct adults for fear of getting a smack.

Did you go to a Christian Brother's school?

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:They're Witz's questions <ok>


When I was your age, we didn't correct adults for fear of getting a smack.

Did you go to a Christian Brother's school?


:emu:

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:9, Yes Nine weeks :eek: tomorrow the annual snooker-fest returns to the Crucible so the countdown is well and truly on now to the World Championships. :excited:

Who is going to the tournament, the regulars or is anyone else going too for the first time? I'm going Sunday, Monday and Tuesday - all sessions, cannot wait. :idea:

Who do you want to win it? Zhanger :idea:

Who do you think will win it this year? Zhanger :idea:

Who do you hope qualifies for the tournament? Zhanger :idea:

:santa:

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Casey

Who is going to the tournament, the regulars or is anyone else going too for the first time? YEp I'm there, 2nd year in a row :D

Who do you want to win it? Allen, Ding

Who do you think will win it this year? Higgins, Selby

Who do you hope qualifies for the tournament? Trump, McGill, White, Davis, Gould

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Smart

:wave:
simplysnooker wrote:Over the next few weeks, I'm going to clear my whole Freeview box, (can hold 200 hours) ready for the Worlds :D


that a big removal job, Avatar takes up 7% .......................would not remove it if someone held a gun to my head and was threatening to ass rape me. :wave:

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote::wave:
simplysnooker wrote:Over the next few weeks, I'm going to clear my whole Freeview box, (can hold 200 hours) ready for the Worlds :D


that a big removal job, Avatar takes up 7% .......................would not remove it if someone held a gun to my head and was threatening to ass rape me. :wave:

so you would be ass raped then?


:chin: wierdo

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby Smart

Sirius B wrote:
Smart wrote::wave:
simplysnooker wrote:Over the next few weeks, I'm going to clear my whole Freeview box, (can hold 200 hours) ready for the Worlds :D


that a big removal job, Avatar takes up 7% .......................would not remove it if someone held a gun to my head and was threatening to ass rape me. :wave:

so you would be ass raped then?


:chin: wierdo

:chin: <laugh>

Re: OFFICIAL CRUCIBLE COUNTDOWN

Postby GJ

shirl calling someone else a wierdo

pot kettle shirl

:wave: <laugh>