Topic locked

EIS details

Postby Smart

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 97,00.html

Interesting that it says 12 and 13th March as the final qualification days........in previous years its been over 3 days for the final qualification round. Is this an admin cockerel up on the article or are there more matches being squeezed into a shorter time frame.

The qualifying rounds of snooker's biggest tournament will be held in the Badminton Hall at the Sheffield venue for the fifth consecutive year.



Tickets are now on sale, with the early rounds of the qualifiers running from March 5 to 10, and the final round on March 12 and 13. The 16 winners will go through to the Crucible Theatre in April for the televised stages of one of the most famous events in sport.



All players outside the world's top 16 when the rankings are revised after the Welsh Open in February will have to go through the qualifiers.



Former World Champions Steve Davis and Ken Doherty and crowd hero Jimmy White are among those who could be involved at the EIS, as well as rising star Judd Trump, Ladbrokes Mobile Masters finalist Marco Fu and Caesarscasino.com Snooker Shoot-Out champion Nigel Bond.



A spokesman for World Snooker said: "We are delighted to be staging the Betfred.com World Championship qualifiers at the EIS again. It's an excellent venue with first class facilities and helps strengthen our bond with Sheffield as the Snooker City.



"Getting to the Crucible means so much to every player, from teenage tour debutants to legends like Steve Davis. There's a lot of pressure on the players with so much at stake, and that inevitably means dramatic action, which is great to watch! For any fans who haven't been to see snooker at the EIS before, we'd strongly recommend a trip there in March."



Tickets start at just £5, to book call 0114 256 5567 or visit www.arenaticketshop.co.uk



The venue also houses the World Snooker Academy, which is supported by Sheffield City Council, Welcome To Yorkshire, Phoenix Sport Limited, Sheffield International Venues and Sheffield Theatres Trust.

Re: EIS details

Postby PLtheRef

Suggests that they're doing Roll on roll off

Re: EIS details

Postby Alex0paul

Definitely thinking of going.

Re: EIS details

Postby Alex0paul

Smart wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Definitely thinking of going.


Imagine roll on roll off, if that is the case and with the rolling rankings.........................cannot wait now. :excited:


Let us know which day your going if you fancy a passenger with you. Hopefully I wont have to resort to sitting at Bridgewater bus station at 4am.

Re: EIS details

Postby SnookerFan

Too far for me to go, I'm afraid. They do sound like cracking days though.

Re: EIS details

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Too far for me to go, I'm afraid. They do sound like cracking days though.


How about if I picked you up, I mean its on the way....................... :wave:


Are you suggesting I get in the car with a stranger? rofl

Re: EIS details

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Too far for me to go, I'm afraid. They do sound like cracking days though.


How about if I picked you up, I mean its on the way....................... :wave:


Are you suggesting I get in the car with a stranger? rofl


you might have a point there, but then again I get in the car with myself everyday, so I'm at fault too :wave:

Re: EIS details

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Too far for me to go, I'm afraid. They do sound like cracking days though.


How about if I picked you up, I mean its on the way....................... :wave:


Are you suggesting I get in the car with a stranger? rofl


you might have a point there, but then again I get in the car with myself everyday, so I'm at fault too :wave:


<laugh>

Re: EIS details

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:s/fan = do you wanna lift or not.............................. :|

:excited:

Re: EIS details

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:s/fan = do you wanna lift or not.............................. :|


:limp:

Re: EIS details

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:s/fan = do you wanna lift or not.............................. :|


:limp:

yeah shirt lifting

Re: EIS details

Postby Smart

Sirius B wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:s/fan = do you wanna lift or not.............................. :|


:limp:

yeah shirt lifting


could pick you up en route as well R-ron, Chesterfield is on the way................................. :wave:

Re: EIS details

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:
Sirius B wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:s/fan = do you wanna lift or not.............................. :|


:limp:

yeah shirt lifting


could pick you up en route as well R-ron, Chesterfield is on the way................................. :wave:

i will be going with family

Re: EIS details

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:
Sirius B wrote:

i will be going with family


I have a fairly large boot on the car................................... :wave:

with it being 2 days will you go for both?

Re: EIS details

Postby Smart

Sirius B wrote:
Smart wrote:
Sirius B wrote:

i will be going with family


I have a fairly large boot on the car................................... :wave:

with it being 2 days will you go for both?


Maybe stay at yours or Sonnys :wave:

Re: EIS details

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:
Sirius B wrote:
Smart wrote:
Sirius B wrote:

i will be going with family


I have a fairly large boot on the car................................... :wave:

with it being 2 days will you go for both?


Maybe stay at yours or Sonnys :wave:

is it in 4 weeks time?

wow thats quick

Re: EIS details

Postby Smart

NOW what is different is that its on Saturday and Sunday 12th and 13th March rather than over 3 days as in previous years. Would love to stay for both days and would consider it but realistically will choose either Sat or Sun ....................based on the best matches on offer. :)

Re: EIS details

Postby Smart

With the introduction of the new seeding cut off system this season, the World Championship will be seeded based on the ranking list produced after the completion of the Welsh Open. The Welsh Open finishes on the 20 February, and the draw for the World will be performed on Monday 21 February.




It is our aim to post the draw onto the website by 5pm on that Monday.
Last edited by Smart on 12 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Re: EIS details

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:NOW what is different is that its on Saturday and Sunday 12th and 13th March rather than over 3 days as in previous years. Would love to stay for both days and would consider it but realistically will choose either Sat or Sun ....................based on the best matches on offer. :)

agreed but we wont know till after welsh open

Re: EIS details

Postby Witz78

must confess im toying with the idea of coming down for the final qualifying weekend, its either that or the first weekend of the Crucible.