Topic locked

Re: This Royal Wedding Problem...

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:She's no better looking then Shaun Murphy and Graeme Dott anyway. rofl

:tvrky: :emu:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ POSTS HARD HITTING FACTS wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:She's no better looking then Shaun Murphy and Graeme Dott anyway. rofl

:tvrky: :emu:

Thanks for your, erm, hard hitting fact.

Postby SnookerFan

I turn on the news, and they are discussing what the picture on the front page of The Sun is going to be the day after the wedding. <doh> Put snooker on the front page you hammers.

Postby Wildey

mate

lets face facts if David Cameron was caught with his trousers down with a male prostitute that wouldnt make the front page that day <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:mate

lets face facts if David Cameron was caught with his trousers down with a male prostitute that wouldnt make the front page that day <laugh>

Even if his underpants said; "I Love Labour!", and the male prostitute was Gordon Brown fallen on hard times.

Postby wheelsofsteel

didn't make the papers the first time

Postby SnookerFan

wheelsofsteel wrote:

didn't make the papers the first time

You seem to know more then I do about this. Were you involved in the story? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Reckon this is worth making a stink about? Or at least querying a few more people about what's happening? Squeeky wheel gets the grease, and all that. I did think of e-mailing the BBC and Eurosport and ask if they know what's being shown when?

Anybody know an e-mail address for BBC? For all the quality of their website, all I can find under the Contact Us section is a FAQ bit. And there's no question about whether the Royal Wedding will bugger up snooker coverage. <laugh> Or is e-mailing the BBC a bad idea? I don't want to get accused of treason or hate crimes or whatever you get accused of for not being a royalist these days. :roll:

Postby Bourne

Yeh kick up a stink mate, I strongly fancy your chances of single-handedly postponing a royal wedding due to 2 feckin' sessions of snooker being played on another channel ... let us know how you get on !

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Yeh kick up a stink mate, I strongly fancy your chances of single-handedly postponing a royal wedding due to 2 feckin' sessions of snooker being played on another channel ... let us know how you get on !

These are the semi-finals of The Crucible you are talking about. Just because Judd Trump won't be playing in either of them is no reason to get pissy.

Postby Wildey

look the matches will be played they cant change it the theatre is booked years in advance.....

long before wills went on his knees to propose.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:look the matches will be played they cant change it the theatre is booked years in advance.....

Yes, but will they be televised? This is the question. We aren't debating whether it's happening, we already know that.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:look the matches will be played they cant change it the theatre is booked years in advance.....

Yes, but will they be televised? This is the question. We aren't debating whether it's happening, we already know that.

the only people that will have a day off is Davis,Parrott and co in the studio.

so we can watch it on red button without that rubbish interrupting the play :clap:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:

Of course they'll be televised rofl Do you think every TV camera this kingdom possesses will be in frickin' Pall Mall all day ?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Of course they'll be televised rofl Do you think every TV camera this kingdom possesses will be in frickin' Pall Mall all day ?

Pretty much. <laugh> I do wonder how much of interactive will be used for build up to the Royal Wedding as well.

Hopefully, we can get it on the internet or Eurosport though.

Postby SnookerFan

I just e-mailed the BBC. I asked if there was going to be any interruption to the snooker coverage on the day of the Royal Wedding, because if I had a day off, I was more interested in watching the snooker. rofl

So far I have an automated reply.

"Thank you for contacting the BBC.

We will reply to your enquiry if we can but cannot promise to answer everyone individually so hope the following information is helpful:"

<doh>

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan this has gone on long enough!
Its time to contact the Queen (she's on Facebook)
Once you explain how badly this is affecting you, the sleepless nights, endless worrying I sure she will sort it out and you can move on with your life.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:SnookerFan this has gone on long enough!
Once you explain how badly this is affecting you, the sleepless nights, endless worrying I sure she will sort it out and you can move on with your life.

:bum:

Postby Wildey

<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

<laugh>

I'm actually thinking about it. I've just liked The Queen on Facebook. I'm thinking of asking her. Reckon I'll get done for treason? I'll be polite.

Postby Roland

Forget about the Royal Wedding problem, it's the cancellation of May Day Bank Holiday that concerns me.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Forget about the Royal Wedding problem, it's the cancellation of May Day Bank Holiday that concerns me.

So, you're saying I should ask the queen? <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Reference CAS-590840

Thanks for your enquiry.

All available information about our confirmed TV and Radio schedules can be found on our website. Visit www.bbc.co.uk/programmes and use the A to Z to find a programme by name. Click on the programme name and you will be directed to the pages that relate to this programme. If the programme or series you’ve asked us about is due to be broadcast within the next seven days, the details will appear here.

If the programme or series has a dedicated website, information about when it may be broadcast could appear there. To find a programme website, visit www.bbc.co.uk/a-z and click on the letters to browse the content alphabetically.

Thanks again for contacting the BBC.

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

www.bbc.co.uk/faq

Kind Regards

Joseph O'Brien
BBC Audience Services
www.bbc.co.uk/faq

<doh>

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Reference CAS-590840

Thanks for your enquiry.

All available information about our confirmed TV and Radio schedules can be found on our website. Visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes and use the A to Z to find a programme by name. Click on the programme name and you will be directed to the pages that relate to this programme. If the programme or series you’ve asked us about is due to be broadcast within the next seven days, the details will appear here.

If the programme or series has a dedicated website, information about when it may be broadcast could appear there. To find a programme website, visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/a-z and click on the letters to browse the content alphabetically.

Thanks again for contacting the BBC.

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/faq

Kind Regards

Joseph O'Brien
BBC Audience Services
http://www.bbc.co.uk/faq

<doh>

it is the bbc we are talking about so what did you expect ...

<laugh> :wave:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Forget about the Royal Wedding problem, it's the cancellation of May Day Bank Holiday that concerns me.

Are you serious, there is no May Day holiday this year?