Topic locked

Re: Roll Call

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Tell us about that time you met Michaela Tabb <laugh> you tell that story lovely

I've met her loads. Are you referring to the one where I went running over to her, and asked for her autograph? <laugh>

Ahhhhh, that's the one <laugh>

<laugh>

Me = "MICHAELA!"

Michaela = "Huh?"

Me = Running up, panting "Can I have your autograph?"

Postby SnookerFan

Did I mention the time I told her she was better looking then Jan Verhaas? Probably, knowing me.

Postby Witz78

I once nabbed Dennis Taylor when he was en route from the Cuezone to the Crucible and asked for a photo. A crowd of others appeared on the scene and Taylor looked kinda flustered and in a hurry to get away.

Posed for the pic then my mate handed my my phone back but he hadnt worked it properly and the pic hadnt came out right, so i legged it after Taylor shouting "Dennis it didnt work, can i get it again"

He reluctantly stopped then my mate started trying to work my phone while i shouted instructions at him, then Taylor looked at me and saw i was posing with my sunglasses upside down and he just shook his head and walked away.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:I once nabbed Dennis Taylor when he was en route from the Cuezone to the Crucible and asked for a photo. A crowd of others appeared on the scene and Taylor looked kinda flustered and in a hurry to get away.

Posed for the pic then my mate handed my my phone back but he hadnt worked it properly and the pic hadnt came out right, so i legged it after Taylor shouting "Dennis it didnt work, can i get it again"

He reluctantly stopped then my mate started trying to work my phone while i shouted instructions at him, then Taylor looked at me and saw i was posing with my sunglasses upside down and he just shook his head and walked away.

What a bastard. <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:I once nabbed Dennis Taylor when he was en route from the Cuezone to the Crucible and asked for a photo. A crowd of others appeared on the scene and Taylor looked kinda flustered and in a hurry to get away.

What a bastard. <laugh>

great stuff :D

I do like the posing with players shots. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

What a bastard. <laugh>

great stuff :D

I do like the posing with players shots. <laugh>

Is that why most of them look like they're recycling themselves? <laugh>

Postby Witz78

My fave was recently at the World Open when Rob Walker was walking through the huge corridor outside the hall the snooker was in accompanied by that black WPSBA official, and i shouted "can i get a pic"

He came over with a grin on his face but i said "sorry Rob can you give us some space" and i put my arm round the black guy whilst my mate clicked the camera.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:My fave was recently at the World Open when Rob Walker was walking through the huge corridor outside the hall the snooker was in accompanied by that black WPSBA official, and i shouted "can i get a pic"

He came over with a grin on his face but i said "sorry Rob can you give us some space" and i put my arm round the black guy whilst my mate clicked the camera.

<laugh>

I got talking to him in a bar in the hotel bar in Telford. Made a complete turd of myself, because I'd had a couple talking to another guest before he came in. <laugh>

We'd been watching snooker on BBC 2, but it finished and University Challenge came on. He said something about; "Is there anything else on? I hate quizzes." And my first words to him were; "Aaah, and I thought you were intelligent, Rob." God knows why I thought that would sound funny, but he didn't seem to mind. We got talking about Neil Robertson, and I asked if I could have a World Snooker mug.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:I can see why talking about Robbo then moved onto talking about mugs. <laugh>

Rob Walker had been giving away mugs for people who had knew the answers to trivia questions. One question was; "How many of his six ranking event finals, has Neil Robertson won?" Shockingly, some people didn't know. <doh> "Is it four, Rob?" Knobheads.

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Im down on my todd the first weekend then the real trip back down on the Thursday to Sunday of the middle weekend with the mad crew.

Open invite, for the Sunday evening, drinks after the evening play..............till roughly 2am approx, then I turn into a pumpkin. <ok>

No can do im afraid, will be heading back up Jockoland on the Sunday night. Only down in Sheffield for the Saturday and Sunday morning / afternoon.

can live with that though as 3 days back at work then back down for 4 more days fun :excited:

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Im down on my todd the first weekend then the real trip back down on the Thursday to Sunday of the middle weekend with the mad crew.

Open invite, for the Sunday evening, drinks after the evening play..............till roughly 2am approx, then I turn into a pumpkin. <ok>

No can do im afraid, will be heading back up Jockoland on the Sunday night. Only down in Sheffield for the Saturday and Sunday morning / afternoon.

can live with that though as 3 days back at work then back down for 4 more days fun :excited:

PS - I'll be doing some major booing at the Hendry match on the Sunday afternoon i think :D

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
PS - I'll be doing some major booing at the Hendry match on the Sunday afternoon i think :D

<laugh> #hendry Boo Boy <laugh> :wave: