What's the talent like in Sheffield Witz? :redneck:

Re: Roll Call

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
sitting in the arena is just part of the Sheffield experience for me

You might as well just go to Skegness, you flid. :roll:

I think witz views it as a holiday break - with snooker being the backdrop to it all. You got yer booze, betting, and loadsa birds around cos its start of summer. The square and sheffield centre is very nice area for it all. One bad thing this year is the swimming pool at Novotel is being refurbed so out of action. :grrr:

Snooker hatahs. :zzz:

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:What's the talent like in Sheffield Witz? :redneck:

Pretty good <ok>

Tudor Square just outside the Crucible always heaving when its sunny with lots of student totty sitting about. <ok>

Weeknight nights out we have to mingle up the top end of West Street in among the studenty bars where to be honest it pains me to say this but even i feel my age a bit now among students :sad: though im still very young at heart and many think i look younger than i am <cool> Leadmills one of my favourite Monday night haunts.

The narrow one way street just off West Street with pubs and clubs either side is quite heaving midweek too and the Walkabout isnt too bad either.

The weekend we always hit the Square with the fountains area with the typical city chain pubs like Yates etc and tend to always hit the 80s bar The Reflex where the old slappers outnumber the guys by about 3 to 1. Odds on i bump into some bird there from last year rofl

Postby SnookerFan

The closest thing I ever see to talent in the evenings, is the rather camp guy that works nights in the hotel I stay in. <laugh> :sad:

He serves me beer in the bar area though, and always refers to me as 'Mr.' <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:The closest thing I ever see to talent in the evenings, is the rather camp guy that works nights in the hotel I stay in. <laugh> :sad:

He serves me beer in the bar area though, and always refers to me as 'Mr.' <laugh>

Does he spit or swallow :idea:

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The closest thing I ever see to talent in the evenings, is the rather camp guy that works nights in the hotel I stay in. <laugh> :sad:

<laugh> :eek: :limp:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:

I haven't asked. I just keep buying the beer, mang.

I remember being at The Crucible one year, maybe last year. After the matches, I was in the hotel bar. Now, it just so happened that the Sheffield derby had been on that day. So, I'm watching Sky Sports news, and he comes in and goes; "Did you see the score to the game, mate?" I said; "1-1." And, swear to God, he says; "Who to?" <laugh>

I says; "Both of them." rofl

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Im down on my todd the first weekend then the real trip back down on the Thursday to Sunday of the middle weekend with the mad crew.

Open invite, for the Sunday evening, drinks after the evening play..............till roughly 2am approx, then I turn into a pumpkin. <ok>

Postby Witz78

anyone know any good hotels near the Crucible?

i always stay at the Premier Inn or Travelodge just along from it but both of them are fully booked the 1st weekend

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:anyone know any good hotels near the Crucible?

i always stay at the Premier Inn or Travelodge just along from it but both of them are fully booked the 1st weekend

Novotel <ok>

Ask for Jeromle, he is Belgian or French. I booked via expedia and it was 69 a night, breakdfast is top notch. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:

Novotel <ok>

Ask for Jeromle, he is Belgian or French. I booked via expedia and it was 69 a night, breakdfast is top notch. <ok>

Your as bad as Snookerfan :limp:

Al give Novotel a try <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Cutlers. It's all but next door to The Crucible.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:

Sorry, the last available room in Best Western Cutlers Hotel was booked 2 hours, 57 minutes ago! <doh>

i tried but i failed rofl

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Got tickets for the opening Saturday but travelling by train from Leicester.

Got off peak tickets, and open return and im coming back on the Saturday afternoon or evening. Does any of you know if those train tickets will be correct, seems all of Saturday is off peak, don't want to get there and then find out I have made a mess.

Cheers Guys <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

open return I think is a bit strange - as you have a month to use the ticket in - If you're coming back on the saturday, then I think a offpeak day return is what you were after

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Couldn't seem to get day return, you have to pick a specific time to come back, but I don't know if I could get return tickets for Mark Williams in the afternoon or not. So we might come home 3.00 or might come home 6.00. Seems Saturday is all off peak and then open return, came to 23 pound for one ticket there and back. Fingers crossed im right.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Sorry, the last available room in Best Western Cutlers Hotel was booked 2 hours, 57 minutes ago! <doh>

i tried but i failed rofl

Does it actually tell you that?

Did I tell the story about how I was in the Cutler's hotel bar, and the barman asked me if I knew who Tom Ford was, as he'd never heard of him before. I just said he was a bit a journeyman, you probably wouldn't have heard of him. But we both didn't realise he was in the bar when I said that. He was sat just round the corner. <laugh> I don't think he heard me.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Did I tell you the one where I bumped into MCD and joked that he was gonna be world champ this year. I still got a photo with him. :D <laugh>

Steve Davis got in a mood with me when I said something similar.

He was signing an autograph for me at The Crucible, and I said; "Gonna make it seven this year, Steve?" He crabs; "I'm gonna try, it's not that easy, you know." Gimp. I nearly said; "You made it look easy in the 80s." But thought better of it.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Did I tell you the one where I bumped into MCD and joked that he was gonna be world champ this year. I still got a photo with him. :D <laugh>

He was signing an autograph for me at The Crucible, and I said; "Gonna make it seven this year, Steve?" He crabs; "I'm gonna try, it's not that easy, you know." Gimp. I nearly said; "You made it look easy in the 80s." But thought better of it.

you must tell us that story at least once a month <laugh> :wave:

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Tell us about that time you met Michaela Tabb <laugh> you tell that story lovely

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It's a good story, dammit. :wild2:

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Its the way he tells it !!!!!! <laugh> :wave:

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>
Snookerfan: Our resident storyteller <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:Tell us about that time you met Michaela Tabb <laugh> you tell that story lovely

I've met her loads. Are you referring to the one where I went running over to her, and asked for her autograph? <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:
Smart wrote:<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Its the way he tells it !!!!!! <laugh> :wave:

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>
Snookerfan: Our resident storyteller <laugh>

Well, I'm sorry. I'm like a kid in a candy store talking about snooker sometimes. <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It's a good story, dammit. :wild2:

<cool>

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Tell us about that time you met Michaela Tabb <laugh> you tell that story lovely

I've met her loads. Are you referring to the one where I went running over to her, and asked for her autograph? <laugh>

Ahhhhh, that's the one <laugh>