Topic locked

Re: Crucible 2011 ticket information

Postby Roland

I've just found out that Easter falls plumb in the middle of the Worlds this time around. That means school holidays which means clear roads for the full Crucible fortnight and it also means booking off the entire 17 days from work will only mean using up 8 days holiday

:D

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I've just found out that Easter falls plumb in the middle of the Worlds this time around. That means school holidays which means clear roads for the full Crucible fortnight and it also means booking off the entire 17 days from work will only mean using up 8 days holiday

that has never happened before as far as i can remember it has during the first weekend before but when that happened the Final was Saturday and Sunday with the championship starting on Good Friday.

Postby Roland

I can't remember Easter ever clashing with the Worlds either. How do they work Easter out anyway?

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:I can't remember Easter ever clashing with the Worlds either. How do they work Easter out anyway?

Its worked out on the christian Calender.

I'm going to book my tickets next week, I still reckon there will be lots of returns this year after the Welsh Open.

Postby Roland

How does the christian calendar work? Sunday, Sunday, Shrove Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Christmas? So that means Easter will be on the 8th of April in 2012 by my calculations.

...yusssss <cool>

Postby Roland

I've also worked out quickly that in 2014 and 2019 it will fall in the middle weekend of the Worlds and in 2017 it can start on Good Friday

Postby Casey

I will take your word for it <laugh>

I'm going on my own this year, mates won't go that far to watch snooker :redneck: Although I will meet up with a few mates over there and try and tempt them to go.

I think I will go to the morning & afternoon session on the first Saturday, Morning, afternoon and evening sessions on the Sunday and Morning and afternoon on the Monday :D

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I can't remember Easter ever clashing with the Worlds either. How do they work Easter out anyway?

Officially, it's the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. I hope that helps with future planning. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That's when me and Stalin will be there :santa:

2003 was the last time Easter fell in the middle weekend apparently. I just quickly designed this website so I could get my calculation for Easter down before I forgot it

http://www.wheniseastersunday.com/

in 2003 the World Championship started 19th of April Easter Saturday

Postby Roland

Easter is a moveable feast, meaning it is not fixed in relation to the civil calendar. The First Council of Nicaea (325) established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon (the Paschal Full Moon) following the northern hemisphere's vernal equinox.[3] Ecclesiastically, the equinox is reckoned to be on March 21 (regardless of the astronomically correct date), and the "Full Moon" is not necessarily the astronomically correct date. The date of Easter therefore varies between March 22 and April 25.

March 21st marks first day of spring and the other equinox marks first day of autumn so the full moon this time must be the day or 2 days before March 21st and the next full moon must be on a Monday or Tuesday so the Sunday after stretches it out to its max.

Easter is on April 24th in 2011 and it can only be one day later which happens in 2038

Good on topic post for you to digest

:santa:

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:wow Easter is complicated lol

What, you mean on seeing my explanation earlier, you don't know instantly know the date for every Easter Sunday for the next 100 years? You'll be telling me next you can't be bothered to work it out now you know how to do it. <laugh>

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I've just found out that Easter falls plumb in the middle of the Worlds this time around. That means school holidays which means clear roads for the full Crucible fortnight and it also means booking off the entire 17 days from work will only mean using up 8 days holiday

this, if true, is excellent news. I was thinking of taking 3 days holiday the first week, and 3 days the second week - rather than block book the 2 weeks. Just cos this year it has left me really short of hols to do any other stuff - like go on family hols etc. So this Easter business clashing with the snooker is excellent and I hope the Christians can do this more often. :idea: :wave:

Christians <cool> :ahh: :D

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:That's when me and Stalin will be there :santa:

2003 was the last time Easter fell in the middle weekend apparently. I just quickly designed this website so I could get my calculation for Easter down before I forgot it

http://www.wheniseastersunday.com/

<laugh> there are websites for everything nowadays, <laugh>

In the year 2011, Easter Sunday will fall on:

April 24th

:D <cool> :ahh:

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:I will take your word for it <laugh>

I'm going on my own this year, mates won't go that far to watch snooker :redneck: Although I will meet up with a few mates over there and try and tempt them to go.

I think I will go to the morning & afternoon session on the first Saturday, Morning, afternoon and evening sessions on the Sunday and Morning and afternoon on the Monday :D

I will be there from the Sunday, so we can have a proper catch up and some beer action. :idea: <ok> :idea: <ok>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:I hope the Christians can do this more often. :idea: :wave:

Christians <cool> :ahh: :D

rofl rofl

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wrote:I will take your word for it <laugh>

I will be there from the Sunday, so we can have a proper catch up and some beer action. :idea: <ok> :idea: <ok>

Excellent <ok> <laugh>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:Breaking news: I have my tickets, A10. :santa: :idea: :santa: :idea:

<ok>

There are still some good seats left, can't wait for it to come around again. :ahh:

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Breaking news: I have my tickets, A10. :santa: :idea: :santa: :idea:

<ok>

There are still some good seats left, can't wait for it to come around again. :ahh:

I wonder if you'll still be able to buy tickets come February. I am going to check, and if so, buy tickets for matches after they're announced next year.

Postby Witz78

Just bought up tickets for the opening weekend too. Had to be done, gives me a chance to re-accquaint myself with Angus Loughran, the Betfred girls and the roulette machines before the rest of the lads come down.

Oh and i might even watch some snooker too

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Just bought up tickets for the opening weekend too. Had to be done, gives me a chance to re-accquaint myself with Angus Loughran, the Betfred girls and the roulette machines before the rest of the lads come down.

Oh and i might even watch some snooker too

I've got Murphy and Cope on. I think you're better off not.