Topic locked

Re: Crucible 2011 ticket information

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I popped back to the hotel between sessions one year, and there was a woman in my room. I thought it was part of the service. Unfortunately it was just the cleaner. Quite disappointing really.

You should of flashed her <laugh> rofl

Should have asked her if showering a guess was part of her cleaning duties rofl

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:
case_master wrote:I might be going over on my own, none of my friends care enough about snooker to make the trip over to Sheffield.

The tickets are on sale very early, I don't think they will come close to selling out until the Welsh Open when after the first couple of rounds it will become more clear who will be playing in which sessions.

I agree with Witz as regards to the tickets, £3 a sessions doesn't sound much but over the course it soon adds up. Maybe a multi session booking discountt or something?

I've been up alone a few times when none of my friends can afford to go. In fact, I've done that to a few of the venues. I'm not self-concious about being out alone, so it doesn't make any difference. Especially at The Crucible. You can easily spend 12 hours a day watching the snooker, and the hotel I stay in when I'm not with anybody is full of people watching snooker anyway, so you always get somebody talking to somebody about it in the bar after the games.

Yea there will be plenty to do allright so its not as if I would be bored. In all honest IF I go on my own it means I will get to see more snooker.

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wrote:I might be going over on my own, none of my friends care enough about snooker to make the trip over to Sheffield.

The tickets are on sale very early, I don't think they will come close to selling out until the Welsh Open when after the first couple of rounds it will become more clear who will be playing in which sessions.

I agree with Witz as regards to the tickets, £3 a sessions doesn't sound much but over the course it soon adds up. Maybe a multi session booking discountt or something?

Spoke to my mate with the season ticket and put in my request for Mon - Weds first week. He may have more for me or it may be other days, not sure yet. The hike in price has not gone down well with season ticket holders and coupled with the non-attendance for qualifiers................there is some unhappy fans of the game out there.

What you have to remember is not everyone lives local to Sheffield. So in effect it is like a proper holiday for those travelling. Real costs involved, petrol, hotel, food, beer, gambling, hookers (for witz <laugh> ), .........

So @ £50 a day on tickets................I think it is somewhat expensive and not really considerate, but what can you do. <ok>

I would imgaine they won't be happy, could world snooker not organise a discount in hotels for season ticket holders or something?

Agree about the other costs, last year having to get a last minute boat, change trains etc cost a lot and then there was the hotel, food etc. I was lucky I took a bit off the bookies :)
The guy Brian must be out a fortune...17 days = big bucks.

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Spoke to my mate with the season ticket and put in my request for Mon - Weds first week. He may have more for me or it may be other days, not sure yet. The hike in price has not gone down well with season ticket holders and coupled with the non-attendance for qualifiers................there is some unhappy fans of the game out there.

What you have to remember is not everyone lives local to Sheffield. So in effect it is like a proper holiday for those travelling. Real costs involved, petrol, hotel, food, beer, gambling, hookers (for witz <laugh> ), .........

So @ £50 a day on tickets................I think it is somewhat expensive and not really considerate, but what can you do. <ok>

I would imgaine they won't be happy, could world snooker not organise a discount in hotels for season ticket holders or something?

Agree about the other costs, last year having to get a last minute boat, change trains etc cost a lot and then there was the hotel, food etc. I was lucky I took a bit off the bookies :)
The guy Brian must be out a fortune...17 days = big bucks.

how does Brian do it? He was up at the World Open for 5 days too. Also he goes to all England games home and away. He even spun out his trip to S.Africa for the World Cup to a whole 6 weeks away. Either he has the best boss ever, or hes good at picking lottery numbers rofl

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I popped back to the hotel between sessions one year, and there was a woman in my room. I thought it was part of the service. Unfortunately it was just the cleaner. Quite disappointing really.

Well, she was on her knees when I arrived. Unfortunately, she was giving the bathroom a thorough clean. Maybe I should've asked her what I'd been doing in there that needed such cleaning. <laugh>

She said she had been admiring the photo I'd got of me holding up the World Championship trophy though. Money well spent.

Postby Witz78

under 58 hours till the tickets go on sale.

Whos all getting their tickets on Saturday?

Im still debating the plan of attack with 3 mates, all hinging on how long im away to America for at the start of April.

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Well, she was on her knees when I arrived. Unfortunately, she was giving the bathroom a thorough clean. Maybe I should've asked her what I'd been doing in there that needed such cleaning. <laugh>

She said she had been admiring the photo I'd got of me holding up the World Championship trophy though. Money well spent.

snookerfan very smooth <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:under 58 hours till the tickets go on sale.

Whos all getting their tickets on Saturday?

Im still debating the plan of attack with 3 mates, all hinging on how long im away to America for at the start of April.

I can't decide, and I am going by myself... I'll probably end up buying tickets.

I still only have tickets to one match at The Masters this year. I just sent a beggy text to my mate, asking if they want to come for an extra day, despite already being told no. I want to go to see Mark Williams vs Ding.

Postby Wildey

The Statman on TSF

I have today received my tickets for the World Championship and have among them one for the middle Sunday morning, which is traditionally the morning off.

The morning off appears as if it is going to be on the Monday next year, instead of the Sunday, and that the afternoon session will begin at 1pm, not 2pm which is the usual start time for the afternoon session on days with no morning play.

I guess the reason is that the Monday is a bank holiday, which is not usually the case with the middle weekend.

Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board/sh ... z13hMkGYPJ
TSF - TheSnookerForum.com

Postby SnookerFan

Too complicated at the moment. I did consider being extravagant and going in for the final, but they didn't seem able to sell them, for some reason. Despite the final session being almost sold out 5 minutes after they went on sale, for some reason.

Looking at the first rounds, which is what I usually go for, they haven't even acknowledged whats what. You can buy a ticket for each session for table 1 or table 2. But other then guessing that The World Champion will be playing his usual time, I can't even work out what's a match and what isn't. I was expecting them to advertise "Match 1, opening session", "Match 1, closing session." They don't. Buy the wrong tickets, you can't even guarantee that you'll get full matches.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Too complicated at the moment. I did consider being extravagant and going in for the final, but they didn't seem able to sell them, for some reason. Despite the final session being almost sold out 5 minutes after they went on sale, for some reason.

Looking at the first rounds, which is what I usually go for, they haven't even acknowledged whats what. You can buy a ticket for each session for table 1 or table 2. But other then guessing that The World Champion will be playing his usual time, I can't even work out what's a match and what isn't. I was expecting them to advertise "Match 1, opening session", "Match 1, closing session." They don't. Buy the wrong tickets, you can't even guarantee that you'll get full matches.

Its a total lottery isnt it, i ended up just going for seats quite high up and near the middle so i can see both tables. I was tempted to take some good seats on Row A a few times for TV exposure <cool> but decided i didnt want to risk being stuck watching Hawkins v Dott when Jimmy v Hendry might be on the other table rofl so played it safe and went for the middle.

Tickets selling well, took me a minute or two to suss out the booking form and how it worked, suspect a few others were the same.

Anyway tickets bought, the countdown can now well and truly begin to the Crucible 2011 :D

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:are you there Sunday, Monday or Tuesday the first week...................... <ok>

ahh u kidding. Were down from the Wednesday till the Sunday <doh>

Ah well, thatll save you a few quid at pool then rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Too complicated at the moment. I did consider being extravagant and going in for the final, but they didn't seem able to sell them, for some reason. Despite the final session being almost sold out 5 minutes after they went on sale, for some reason.

Its a total lottery isnt it, i ended up just going for seats quite high up and near the middle so i can see both tables. I was tempted to take some good seats on Row A a few times for TV exposure <cool> but decided i didnt want to risk being stuck watching Hawkins v Dott when Jimmy v Hendry might be on the other table rofl so played it safe and went for the middle.

Tickets selling well, took me a minute or two to suss out the booking form and how it worked, suspect a few others were the same.

Anyway tickets bought, the countdown can now well and truly begin to the Crucible 2011 :D

I sussed out the booking system eventually, but it's just told me it can't allow me to pay £211 for the final based on a Debit card, for some reason.... To be honest, I'd settle for the ranking systems being what it used to be, just so us fans who've been buying tickets for years wouldn't have it so difficult.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

I sussed out the booking system eventually, but it's just told me it can't allow me to pay £211 for the final based on a Debit card, for some reason.... To be honest, I'd settle for the ranking systems being what it used to be, just so us fans who've been buying tickets for years wouldn't have it so difficult.

i wouldnt, i prefer to look at the bigger picture.

They could easily have had a schedule for the tickets marked out though to give us an idea what we were buying.

Like - Number 3 seed v Qualifier as an example, also would have been helpful to know what session of the match was when. I just went on the basis that these would be the same as last year, but opted for seats down the middle to be safe.

Postby SnookerFan

That I do agree with... That way you could've known you were booking actual matches, rather then just seats at a table.

I've just been incredibly stupid, by the way. Gone against my usual rule of buying tickets for the opening rounds, so you know what matches you are getting, and they are cheaper, and spen £200 on tickets for all four sessions of the final. :eek: Hope it's a better match then the last time I went, and that it doesn't feature Ronnie this time. Or Ali Carter.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:contacts :limp:

haha whats he on about?? i know ive got seats in the middle rows so i can see both tables and my contact who told me this is..................... :john: MYSELF cos i clicked these seats when i bought the tickets rofl

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:contacts :limp:

haha whats he on about?? i know ive got seats in the middle rows so i can see both tables and my contact who told me this is..................... :john: MYSELF cos i clicked these seats when i bought the tickets rofl

.....'cos I have several options of who I get the tickets from - and they are all season ticket holders...............each year there is some rotation as peeps want a different view .......................contacts <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:good news today I found out that I am on the very front row for 3 days of snooker action....................... :D <cool> :ahh:

I don't like the front row. It's on eye-level with the table. I prefer row 2 or 3, to give me a little looking down on the table action.