Topic locked

Re: NO Spectators at World Championship Qualifiers !!!!

Postby Smart

I think its a mix of comfort and boredom and the fact that its jolly nice to have a few beers. The trouble is that I am not in the age bracket where I can drink what I like and it does not affect how I look or feel. I used to be able to go drinking Thursday to Sunday - still go to work etc, and still not put any weight on.

Those days are gone ........... :|

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:I think its a mix of comfort and boredom and the fact that its jolly nice to have a few beers. The trouble is that I am not in the age bracket where I can drink what I like and it does not affect how I look or feel. I used to be able to go drinking Thursday to Sunday - still go to work etc, and still not put any weight on.

I'm not sure I ever had them. <laugh> Was going to have a few beers with the West Brom game later, I think I'll give that one a miss.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:I think its a mix of comfort and boredom and the fact that its jolly nice to have a few beers. The trouble is that I am not in the age bracket where I can drink what I like and it does not affect how I look or feel. I used to be able to go drinking Thursday to Sunday - still go to work etc, and still not put any weight on.

I'm not sure I ever had them. <laugh> Was going to have a few beers with the West Brom game later, I think I'll give that one a miss.

I have ONE can of lager in the fridge..........................I am gonna drink it this afternoon, and savour it cos its gonna be the last for 4 weeks. :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I have ONE can of lager in the fridge..........................I am gonna drink it this afternoon, and savour it cos its gonna be the last for 4 weeks. :clap:

I'm trying to cut back a bit as well, to be honest. I tend to go a bit mental on Saturdays, even if I'm not doing anything. Stop by for a couple of beers lunch time at a local, then have a couple of beers with the football results coming in... If there's boxing in the evening, you can feel perfectly sober (sometimes) but realise you've had like 10 beers in one afternoon. :-(

Postby Smart

<laugh> :wave:

There's something very nice about having a beer and watching the footie results come in. Also there is something very nice about listening to loud music and drinking beer. I might add that there is something very nice about coming home early from work, kicking back and having a few beers. :idea:

Beer <cool>

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:<laugh> :wave:

There's something very nice about having a beer and watching the footie results come in. Also there is something very nice about listening to loud music and drinking beer. I might add that there is something very nice about coming home early from work, kicking back and having a few beers. :idea:

Beer <cool>

I feel the same way about cider :)

Cider <cool>

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:yep cider is a very nice drink as well......................I think I like it most in summer as it kinda feels more right, but its enjoyable all year round too :)

Yeah, I love it during the summer when you hit the pub with the sun still shining :D goes down very, very well, especially when it's loaded with ice. Beautiful taste off it <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:
Smart wrote:yep cider is a very nice drink as well......................I think I like it most in summer as it kinda feels more right, but its enjoyable all year round too :)

Yeah, I love it during the summer when you hit the pub with the sun still shining :D goes down very, very well, especially when it's loaded with ice. Beautiful taste off it <cool>

:wave:

Re: NOW There are Spectators at World Championship Qualifier

Postby Wildey

wheelsofsteel wrote:good to see that world snooker listen to public opinion

would be great if this was shown online as well. if only there was someone out there willing to do it

By my understanding thats a no go area unless 110sport does it because they got the contract but aren't obliged to do it which does seem to be one of if not the most bonkers contract even made.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Wild wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:good to see that world snooker listen to public opinion

would be great if this was shown online as well. if only there was someone out there willing to do it

By my understanding thats a no go area unless 110sport does it because they got the contract but aren't obliged to do it which does seem to be one of if not the most bonkers contract even made.

world snooker must still be getting paid a wedge. ever thought it might be more profitable taking their money and not showing it than it would showing it with nobody paying for it? :chin:

Postby randam05

Sorry to bring this back up, but is there any confirmation of some sort of streaming for the WC qualifiers yet?

And I seriously think gloucester is perfect to host it. Not sure how many of you been there, but I been there twice and its perfect!

If it were there id certainly be visiting to watch it <ok>

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Sorry to bring this back up, but is there any confirmation of some sort of streaming for the WC qualifiers yet?

And I seriously think gloucester is perfect to host it. Not sure how many of you been there, but I been there twice and its perfect!

If it were there id certainly be visiting to watch it <ok>

you have to realise one thing here even if qualifiers are played at the SWA they cant stream them because the contract is in the hands of 110sport TV.

and it will be until 2012/2013 season.

PTC is different though there is no contract to stream them.